Welcome to the new GRID

1 minute ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

El juego no me respeta, ni siquiera puedo configurar la vista de la cabina.

I was referring to the theme of simulator or arcade. Obviously in the matter of cameras you have reason.

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

i’m  only Saying that i’m pretty disappointed.they hyped it as a sim friendly game...

When? Because in all of the promotional stuff I’ve seen, they’ve been pretty clear that it’s a fun, pick up and play arcade game.

Yes it supports high-end hardware, but it doesn’t mean it’s optimised for it.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

When? Because in all of the promotional stuff I’ve seen, they’ve been pretty clear that it’s a fun, pick up and play arcade game.

Yes it supports high-end hardware, but it doesn’t mean it’s optimised for it.

Exactly

2 hours ago, gk9147 said:

@dani211212 same i play gt sport for nostalgia too , and i have question you create livrery on GT sport ? if yes ,is possible to add you on PSN ?

I Have few liveries made myself, but to be Honest i am not so good at it :) there are much more talented poeple! Of course you can add me on PSN.  DANI_211212_

• Thanks 1

re: this discussion about the issues with adjusting the in-car cameras in GRiD... shame the game was released like that, but it'll probably get changed, no?

11 hours ago, dani211212 said:

I Have few liveries made myself, but to be Honest i am not so good at it :) there are much more talented poeple! Of course you can add me on PSN.  DANI_211212_

the request friend is locked ,add me on psn , my psn is gk9147 

• Thanks 1

I'd Really Wish Codemasters just lock this entire Grid general discussion to constructive criticism, as there have been a lot of posts attacking the developers in person.

I understand everybody's troubles, the game doesn't have very much content, and multiplayer is not what we expected.

But that doesn't give you the proper reasoning to attack the developers character.

Edited by CordedQuill42
  • Disagree 2

Man, why the hell you always trying shut people up? Let them discuss what they want! Just calm down!

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Man, why the hell you always trying shut people up? Let them discuss what they want! Just calm down!

I am not trying to shut people up.

I just wish Codemasters would police this forum more.

• Disagree 4

1oW2JyQ.png

I’m sorry. I’ve got the wrong thread... 

Edited by Keko55
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, AlexSpartan316 said:

TO ALL COCKPIT VIEW/STEERING WHEEL USERS :

In the new Grid game you CAN’T adjust the position of the view,in any way(no height no tilt no proximity) 

so think about it if like me this set up matter for you. (I basically just wasted 89 € on a game that I can’t use with my sim set up,the camera height is so far off that I can’t even adjust it manually moving the monitor)

You can´t adjust the position, but are you not able to play it without adjustment? 

It will be great to have it but I´m enjoying the cockpit view also without it. i use this one

GRID_20191008204821.jpg

2 minutes ago, Letadlo said:

You can´t adjust the position, but are you not able to play it without adjustment? 

It will be great to have it but I´m enjoying the cockpit view also without it. i use this one

GRID_20191008204821.jpg

No I can’t sadly.I swear I buy the game,tried the usual camera set up and....surprise! I didn’t touch it again. 

My problem is that I have an ultra wide monitor on my sim rig , I really need a height adjustment in the view.

For example without that adjustment the in-car display/or tachometer go slightly above my steering wheel.like this for me that’s unplayable.

4 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

No I can’t sadly.I swear I buy the game,tried the usual camera set up and....surprise! I didn’t touch it again. 

My problem is that I have an ultra wide monitor on my sim rig , I really need a height adjustment in the view.

For example without that adjustment the in-car display/or tachometer go slightly above my steering wheel.like this for me that’s unplayable.

I full understand. I think (hope) they can add it with some update

• Thanks 1

DiRT Rally 2.0 - released with new version dash cam (poorly received), and driver cam that is fully adjustable. No FOV on Consoles. People complained - bring back old dash cam from DiRT Rally 1.0 - 6 months later, done. Still no FOV option for those who prefer driver cam. 

Grid - released with new dash cam - likely in light of the fact that most preferred said cam as a result of feedback from DiRT Rally 2.0. This game has FOV adjustability for consoles and driver cam, but curiously seating position is non-adjustable.

🤨

Why not release both games with FOV, new dash cam, old dash cam, and driver cam that is adjustable? Mind boggling is the driver cam Grid! Sure you can narrow FOV but it is still way too far back. Playing with dash cam deletes all the wonderful eye candy and removes the immersion (often feels as though you are sitting too high, like the wheel is just beneath the headliner. The original dash cam in DiRT Rally 2.0 is/was more of a necessary evil because of how much time you spend sideways, so seeing the road more completely helps. Road racing - I’ll take driver cam all day every day, but we need to be able to adjust both axis so people can orientate the view to their particular set up.

Really hope they add in an update, and soon.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buckwilder said:

DiRT Rally 2.0 - released with new version dash cam (poorly received), and driver cam that is fully adjustable. No FOV on Consoles. People complained - bring back old dash cam from DiRT Rally 1.0 - 6 months later, done. Still no FOV option for those who prefer driver cam. 

Grid - released with new dash cam - likely in light of the fact that most preferred said cam as a result of feedback from DiRT Rally 2.0. This game has FOV adjustability for consoles and driver cam, but curiously seating position is non-adjustable.

🤨

Why not release both games with FOV, new dash cam, old dash cam, and driver cam that is adjustable? Mind boggling is the driver cam Grid! Sure you can narrow FOV but it is still way too far back. Playing with dash cam deletes all the wonderful eye candy and removes the immersion (often feels as though you are sitting too high, like the wheel is just beneath the headliner. The original dash cam in DiRT Rally 2.0 is/was more of a necessary evil because of how much time you spend sideways, so seeing the road more completely helps. Road racing - I’ll take driver cam all day every day, but we need to be able to adjust both axis so people can orientate the view to their particular set up.

Really hope they add in an update, and soon.

100% agree...the lack of adjustment in the view don’t make any sense whatsoever..and the fov don’t solve the problem at all.(view still too far)

i have bought the game with max trust in Codemasters dev. onboard view features (i’m happy with the dirt 2.0 view setup) 

Huge disappointment,for me unplayable at the moment.

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

I realize that we have issues, but Give Codemasters some time to fix this game, OK? Not everything can be done at a flick of the switch.

Right, it should have been done before release !

The question we should ask is why are there so many bugs in the release version that are very obvious and now needs to be fixed in first place ? Was there no QA ? And the release was also delayed so what did the do in these weeks ?

So since release i can´t fully enjoy the game i bought because of bugs so i have to be patient and wait that hopefully soon everything will be fixed. Thats not how i remember the other Codemasters games that i bought day 1.

So in the meantime while waiting i report bugs like a beta tester. Only difference is that i don´t have the mantis bug tracker here lol 😅

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ak1504 said:

Ok but:

The question we should ask is why are there so many bugs in the release version that are very obvious and now needs to be fixed in first place ? Was there no QA ? And the release was also delayed so what did the do in these weeks ?

I think Codemasters is stressed as much as us. They are working on it, but stressing it over and over again doesn't add help either.

You do not need to keep silent, but be aware that posts that attack the developers, forms an argument or contains infighting, wont be responded to by any of the Codemasters developers, and will run a risk of the user getting a posting Restriction.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have read the post from Chris and I don´t attack anyone i just state the facts and ask myself important questions. Of course I do not expect an answer 😄