Jump to content

Welcome to the new GRID

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2019 at 2:43 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

I think Codemasters is stressed as much as us. They are working on it, but stressing it over and over again doesn't add help either.

You do not need to keep silent, but be aware that posts that attack the developers, forms an argument or contains infighting, wont be responded to by any of the Codemasters developers, and will run a risk of the user getting a posting Restriction.

I dont think asking , "where was the QA, why did it get realeased in this state , its not acceptable etc " are unreasonable "demands" that as paying customers warrant an answer, its not attacking developers.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

We have payed money on this game and it’s also a free tread.stop trying to always silent or judge what people think. It’s pretty damn normal to be upset,and if someone post on the forum usually that means he cares about the game.there are already moderators if someone cross the line.

i think you got the wrong person mate , Im on your side,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

i think you got the wrong person mate , Im on your side,

Lol sorry dude I quoted the wrong line 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

I think Codemasters is stressed as much as us. They are working on it, but stressing it over and over again doesn't add help either.

You do not need to keep silent, but be aware that posts that attack the developers, forms an argument or contains infighting, wont be responded to by any of the Codemasters developers, and will run a risk of the user getting a posting Restriction.

We have payed money on this game and it’s also a free tread.stop trying to always silent or judge what people think. It’s pretty damn normal to be upset,and if someone post on the forum usually that means he cares about the game.there are already moderators if someone cross the line.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 2:43 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

I think Codemasters is stressed as much as us. They are working on it, but stressing it over and over again doesn't add help either.

You do not need to keep silent, but be aware that posts that attack the developers, forms an argument or contains infighting, wont be responded to by any of the Codemasters developers, and will run a risk of the user getting a posting Restriction.

They would be far less stressed had they simply not released an unfinished game in the first place.   It is not acceptable to sell any software in this state.  It never used to happen.  In the days before the internet, games had to work as there was no way to patch it once its out there.  It makes no difference if the games are more complicated these days, that just means they need more time to complete the game.  They should give themselves that time.  

Im not here to test or report bugs,  Codemaster's sold me the game to play it Yet I cannot. Its highly frustrating when people seem to accept this kind of **** as "part of gaming".  It sends the wrong message to the game studio. 

If you bought a TV and it kept turning its self off, would you just accept that as part of watching TV?  No, you'd get it fixed or replaced or get your money back.  

If you bought a car and it kept braking down do you accept thats part of motoring?  Or do you get rid of the problem car and get a totally different one? 

Do you buy a cooked food and accept its part of eating if its raw?  Or would you demand another COOKED one? Or storm out of the place without paying? 

Why are games any different.  

WE shouldn't have to wait for any patches,  the game is finished.  Its been through Codemasters QA.  They have a whole floor dedicated to it.  What does that say about their Quality Assurance. 

Maybe QA means Questions and Answers to Codies???

 

Edited by TeddytheBeakman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how is the gameplay in this game compared to the Forza Motorporot series? If you play Forza and F1 2019 - let me  know how this game stacks up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FOneFanatic said:

So how is the gameplay in this game compared to the Forza Motorporot series? If you play Forza and F1 2019 - let me  know how this game stacks up. 

I'm enjoying it more than FM7.  That is probably because I am on a wheel and the controller/wheel balance is much better than FM7.  It's more arcade than FM7, as you can take corners faster, acceleration is really high, and braking is lightning quick when compared to the former.  That said, I feel the underlying physics are more realistic.  IE there is no coasting off the throttle/brake to rotate a car, which is a weird physics quirk of FM7.  Rotation of the car really depends on whether it's rwd/fwd/awd/4wd.  They're all different.  

The single player is not greatly robust, but much more enjoyable than FM7 imo, which was a slog.  The multiplayer is a mess with only one public lobby full of AI.  However, if you can make friends, the game really shines in private lobbies racing other real people.  The classes are set with no real cumstonability other than minor tuning of suspension/gears/brake bias, but it keeps the cars close without any wacky rocket or handling builds.  You can really just jump in and play and in an actual lobby of people the racing can be close and fun.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll pass on this game for now, unless they drop the price dramatically, which they probable will do if it doesn't sell that well. One Codemasters game at this point is enough for me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest difference between this and games like Forza Motorsport and even GTS in single player, is they attempt to offer a more complete race weekend experience. With qualifying, and some TV-style presentation and minimal commentary/radio chatter. Just a different atmosphere that I prefer more than just driving with random background music. Same thing with the F1 racing games. 

Edited by OilSlicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll pass on this game for now, unless they drop the price dramatically, which they probable will do if it doesn't sell that well. One Codemasters game at this point is enough for me! 

Grid only had a two week stay in the all formats top 40 physical charts (in at position 5 and down to 31 before dropping out) and because of which It looks like a fair few of the bigger outlets are already offloading the game because you can now pick up a copy for as little as £32.95 without too much looking around. I guess you've got your wish for a dramatic price drop a little bit sooner than expected.  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

green = GAS

blue = Grid 2019

I always complained GAS is dead online... it however still survives while the new one dies rapidly. I wonder why this happens? Probably because codemasters are not saying a word about their plans for the new GRID - will they modify the multiplayer to make the community happy or they will leave it like it is (it hardly "is", more accurate would be "isn't" :)). As someone wrote in another thread - at the moment this game and this forum are waste of time. Where are you Codemasters?

image.png.6dac2313ad9714b8acdd1260fb3e372b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grid IMHO it’s the kind of game that can’t decide if being arcade or sim-cade/ kinda-sim. Resulting not satisfying neither of the two kind of Motorsport players...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open wheels are at standard edition or ultimate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ASFE said:

Open wheels are at standard edition or ultimate?

Standard but weve gone from 8-9 in Autosport to a pathetic 2 in 2019 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Standard but weve gone from 8-9 in Autosport to a pathetic 2 in 2019 

Hmm not good..i will wait then for black friday 🙂

thanxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASFE said:

Hmm not good..i will wait then for black friday 🙂

thanxx

No probs 🙂 theg ame has a really bad lack of:

-Tracks
-Types of cars
-Modes
-Compelling single player 
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed yesterday GRID 2019, at first I changed the difficult to hard and played the demonstration races. The game is very beautiful the AI is very aggressive, competent and challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChrisGrovesMCM sorry for the ping, but I have a question. The giveaway on Twitter is only for people living in the UK or everyone can enter the competition? Same for the £30 ODEON Cinema gift card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, TheWalker17 said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM sorry for the ping, but I have a question. The giveaway on Twitter is only for people living in the UK or everyone can enter the competition? Same for the £30 ODEON Cinema gift card

No worries about the ping - it's the best way to get hold of me on here 🙂 and apologies for the late reply; been off for a couple of days 

The giveaway was open globally but obviously the gift card would only be redeemable in certain places in the world 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, ASFE said:

Hmm not good..i will wait then for black friday 🙂

thanxx

well you got your wish before black friday on steam.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought it on Steam … and wow I didn't expect that after all the negative feeling . For me it has great graphics , weather ,damage etch etch , sounds are nice, menu the same , FFB its basic with also basic options … but waaaaay better than any other simcade that I have played , so its ok for me.  Physics are so balanced not so sim not so arcade  its so fun to drive and I really want it to take some time off from sim games. Strangely the cars feel that they have weight on them , there is a huge difference from formula to road car...nice even for an not sim game I didn't expect that.

But …. all great with Ultrawide support , where is the seat position adjustment ? I turn off the hands and wheel but I cant move the camera forward ??? Is there any Secret option that I cant see ? or there is no option ?  I know Dash camera is nice and thanks for that, but I wanted something like DR2.0 cockpit cam without wheel and hands . 

Edited by Tripokaridos
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tripokaridos said:

I just bought it on Steam … and wow I didn't expect that after all the negative feeling . For me it has great graphics , weather ,damage etch etch , sounds are nice, menu the same , FFB its basic with also basic options … but waaaaay better than any other simcade that I have played , so its ok for me.  Physics are so balanced not so sim not so arcade  its so fun to drive and I really want it to take some time off from sim games. Strangely the cars feel that they have weight on them , there is a huge difference from formula to road car...nice even for an not sim game I didn't expect that.

But …. all great with Ultrawide support , where is the seat position adjustment ? I turn off the hands and wheel but I cant move the camera forward ??? Is there any Secret option that I cant see ? or there is no option ?  I know Dash camera is nice and thanks for that, but I wanted something like DR2.0 cockpit cam without wheel and hands . 

Tripokaride none said that the game has not good handling /physics graphics are good if you except some particular things like trees,  reflections,  LOD ect but it is missing online mp features,  proper career,  lack if content ect but the core of  game is good... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Tripokaride none said that the game has not good handling /physics graphics are good if you except some particular things like trees,  reflections,  LOD ect but it is missing online mp features,  proper career,  lack if content ect but the core of  game is good... 

φιλε do you know if there is any option or way to move the inside cockpit camera more forward ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×