Welcome to the new GRID

2 hours ago, Tripokaridos said:

φιλε do you know if there is any option or way to move the inside cockpit camera more forward ?

No i dont 😞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tripokaridos said:

φιλε do you know if there is any option or way to move the inside cockpit camera more forward ?

There's an option to increase / decrease the FOV somewhere in the settings. 

23 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

There's an option to increase / decrease the FOV somewhere in the settings. 

Yeah thank you , I can see Fov adjustment, but this has to do with the field of view … I dont want to see like a fish 🙂 , what I want is move the camera 🙂  like most games have , Codemasters DR1 + DR2 have that .

Actually i want to move the chase camera view Up because i can't see forward well in some cars especially with some of the car wings.

why is the chase view so low in this game ?

Any way to lift it higher up ? would appreciate it MUCH 

Edited by OugaBooga

I downloaded such mod literally for every GRID game. I also don't understand why they put chase camera so low

14 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Custom lobbies confirmed by Chris. Link is down below:

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/12/public-lobbies-coming-to-grid-plus-more-upcoming-changes/

@ChrisGrovesMCM, I have struck first.

EDIT: Come on, guys! This is a moment to rejoice!

Nice the game is in a good way  now all i want is demo derby and drift to be added and as many tracks as possible and fixes that community has asked,  i would love to see text chat both lobby and in race as the public lobbies are being designed from the scratch,  do you think that is possible?

Also custom liveries colors should be fixed,  that chrome color in most of the  liveries is bad,  bring back glossy and metalic color and the possibility to paint wheels...

Proper point system both for  career and online mp like previous Grid games had,  i play in career finishing in various places  i dont actually know in which position i will end up at the end of the event... 

25 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Also custom liveries colors should be fixed,  that chrome color in most of the  liveries is bad,  bring back glossy and metalic color

Looks like you are not up to date... This issue got fixed with the first patch... Nothing was in the changelog but my reported Paint Editor issue got fixed and also all the chrome stuff was gone... After the first patch i was finally able to see my cars in the correct colors and without chrome 🙂

Edited by Ak1504

52 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Come on, guys! This is a moment to rejoice!

I will rejoice when the players come back to the game and it has more than 100 players on Steam. I hope this game can be rescued. But a little rejoice that the first bad decision during development will be gone soon. 🙂

20 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

Looks like you are not up to date... This issue got fixed with the first patch... Nothing was in the changelog but my reported Paint Editor issue got fixed and also all the chrome stuff was gone... After the first patch i was finally able to see my cars in the correct colors and without chrome 🙂

LOL really?? I played Grid (Steam) before 2 days and it colors were still chrome... For example you chose white and you see silver , only some specific liveries have glossy metalic color you chose white and you see white on car , some have mixed .. Can you upload any photo to show me the fixed colors?

@Miatakias_GR Upper pictures are before the first patch below are from 5min agon... So chrome is gone on every car and livery i tried after the we got the first patch...

Screenshot_225b.thumb.jpg.111dc88cc54607fce456f76c24b52f10.jpgScreenshot_223b.thumb.jpg.a05bfdc7931227e076eecd696b7efcc3.jpg 

Edited by Ak1504

2 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

@Miatakias_GR Upper pictures are before the first patch below are from 5min agon... So chrome is gone on every car and livery i tried after the we got the first patch...

Screenshot_225b.thumb.jpg.111dc88cc54607fce456f76c24b52f10.jpgScreenshot_223b.thumb.jpg.a05bfdc7931227e076eecd696b7efcc3.jpg 

Ok looks that they are improved nut still too metalic there is not just glossy basic color... I will upload some pictures later to see what i mean... 

Ok looks that they are improved but still too metalic,  there is not just glossy basic color that previous games had (and all racing games) . I will upload some pictures later to see what i mean... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Depends on the livery if its matte, metalic or just basic glossy... I´m sure i have seen some...

But yes as often said the livery editor from Grid AS should have been copy&pasted that you can choose for yourself what part of the livery you want basic, metalic or matte but as we know they decided to go for the 2008 reboot...

Maybe we should start a new thread about this as feature request ?

Edited by Ak1504

Depends on the livery if its matte, metalic or just basic glossy... I´m sure i have seen some...

But yes as often said the livery editor from Grid AS should have been copy&pasted that you can choose for yourself what part of the livery you want basic, metalic or matte but as we know they decided to go for the 2008 reboot...

Maybe we should start a new thread about this as feature request ?

Here is the example what i mean about colors .. In this photos i have applied in all 4 parts of livery white color (the first option top left) but in some parts there is pure white (you can see that it covers the most surface of drivers door and the most of front part of the car) while the rear part  looks more like silver , i remind that in ALL livery parts is selected the same white color (first selection from left)

20191209222018_1.thumb.jpg.7a5831314ed1e0d8645172a6187563ae.jpg

image.thumb.png.bca771b5200381995e4f33ac58bb5c6b.png

Now look at the same car and livery with red color.. In all parts is selected the same kind of red color but the tone is so different

image.thumb.png.8a966baebcac115f5e43e8c1a55f8f23.png

image.thumb.png.5bfcf656053b9d62669fa09ad4901f30.png

In the majority of liveries and their parts game uses the kind of color that this Golf has in rear side , white is actually silver , look how good and natural looks the red in front part of car and how dark and weird and so goes for all colors..

I want when i select white color just it looks white and when i select red it looks like red , do i ask a lot?Also i would like to change the color of the wheels..

So devs to add the option to select the type of color (glossy , metalic , matte , chrome ect) for each livery/part .. I can not understand why they messed up and mixed defferent kind of colors (matte,chrome , metalic ect) in one single livery not giving the possibility to players to change them... This option there was in previous Grid games and in all racing games that have visual customizations , paint ect..

I would like we open such a topic , i have not time my self now , if you want open one and i will come to give feedback!

Also i would like TV/replay camera to be added in spectator mode which already is in game and its good enough + text chat to comment the happenings in race like Grid 1..I assume that spectator mode will be in public lobbies as well

Also visually these weird scratches holes ect thate xist from the start of a race should be removed and the car to start clean and untouchable , this has been said many times from many members in this forums..

Livery selection when you chose car would be nice to be added in custom lobbies (as in GAS)

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 2

@Miatakias_GR Yep thats what i meant and what we have to live with atm... The liverys have predefined color types for each area so the base color and different parts/stripes ect of the livery design... So of course is a white or a red or what ever color different (brighter) in basic gloss than in a metalic area as you can see on your screenshots where those metalic areas are darker... Matte finished areas should give you the brightest version of any color you choose i think... At least that how it worked in Grid AS or Forza as example...

unless you can paint (make designs) like in forza this is the last thing i worry about.

the MP fixing & track adding is #1 on my list. plus txt chat.

For my liking this series never had satisfying painters tools.

i hope they fix up the paint stuff but that should be on the back end.

we need to attract more people to the game & MP +tracks will do it.

Ok i agree that more tracks and proper mp is more important but i am lover of custom liveries and i like to make unique look to any car...I find very bad idea the mixed type of colors in one single livery that create that mess about colors,  at least devs to set one specific  kind of color ( glossy,  matte,  metalic ect)  in any single livery... 

Miatakias_GR     i do designs in forza so this game doesn't let me do that & for this reason i don't care changing the colors, i want to make my own liveries.

i would be surprised if grid got the level of car livery design editing forza has.

Not picking a fight here, just saying they can fix that for you at the end.

23 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

Miatakias_GR     i do designs in forza so this game doesn't let me do that & for this reason i don't care changing the colors, i want to make my own liveries.

i would be surprised if grid got the level of car livery design editing forza has.

Not picking a fight here, just saying they can fix that for you at the end.

Yes i know in forza you can design livery as in the crew 2,  nfs payback / heat for ne this kind is s bit complicated Grid style preset liveries with variety if colors is enough for me to make my cars unique,  once they fix that issue i will upload some images... 

Sorry i am out of toppic but i just saw that trailer for the upcoming Fast & Furious Crossroads made by Slighlty Mad studios so is a Codemasters game...  So Codemasters want to beat NFS series with that game?

Lol Sorry i forgot to upload the video before 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

4 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Sorry i am out of toppic but i just saw that trailer for the upcoming Fast & Furious Crossroads made by Slighlty Mad studios so is a Codemasters game...  So Codemasters want to bit NFS series with that game?

That trailer was so bad, graphics are bad like they are made for ps2, its just so bad that i have no more comments on this... I am sad about SMS , they were good before codemasters got them.. 😞