Welcome to the new GRID

3 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

I hope the driving is like in Autosport and not that imprecise and understeery like it was in the first Grid. 

I really disagree. Grid 1's handling was a lot of fun and Autosport feels a bit boring in comparison.

Posted (edited)

Weird. I played Grid 1 recently since i own all games on steam and the driving was still the same. Its a bit better with the steering assist but still imprecise the feeling for grip is still not existent. I found that all way better in Autosport which i could also enjoy with wheel which was impossible to drive with in Grid 1 😄

But who knows. I heard that some people even very much liked the NFS Shift handling which for me was the worst handling ever ^^

Edited by Ak1504

I am really excited about the upcoming game! At the same time I am afraid that the problem with the clutch not working on Logitech steering wheels will not be addressed and that would mean no playing for me. I stopped playing Autosport only because of this... I have tried a lot of other games like AC, PJ, Forza etc. but none is as fun as GAS in terms of handling so it'll be real pitty to have a new unplayable with steering wheel GRID. 

And I am sure everyone would agree: text chat is a must!!! The lack of it spoils the in-game community...

In the latest gameplay trailer I noticed the player can score points for various diciplines like driftig or overtaking opponents. I hope we can turn that off in game because it is very distracting. 

• Agree 1

If the information about the lack of content is true then I may pass on this until it is on a really good sale and all the dlc is released. The thing is Codemasters (if you guys are reading this) is some of us are very wary after Dirt 4's lack of any content (track creator does not count as most of the generated routes felt the same after a while). You guys use to produce great content rich games. With games like Project Cars 2 having great base game content and Project Cars 3 in the works likely to be content rich as well you guys need to be doing it bigger and better than the other developers or why even bother trying.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

In the latest gameplay trailer I noticed the player can score points for various diciplines like driftig or overtaking opponents. I hope we can turn that off in game because it is very distracting. 

Yeah no need for rubbish like that.

16 hours ago, Loggy said:

Errr, will it work on Win 7 ? , I hope so, I dont really want to build a Win 10 rig just yet but if I have to I have to..

I would imagine so yes but you will need to upgrade to Win 10 soon anyway as Windows 7 support is ending after this year. I didn't want to switch to Win 10 either but because of this I decided I had to. There are some programs you can download and use that will help manage and deal with all the update and security stuff that Windows 10 goes through if you're worried about that. Because for me that was my biggest turn off. But in terms of handling games most games that do work on Windows 10  run pretty smooth because Win 10 has features that allow it to dedicate extra resources to the games to make them run smoother. For example recently I did my first run of Mass Effect Andromeda on Windows 10 and a lot of the bugs and issues I was experiencing with Windows 7 were gone. I didn't change the hardware just the upgrade from 7 to 10 was enough 

14 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Yeah no need for rubbish like that.

Exactly. KreuZenNL is absolutely right. What is that supposed to be? This should focus on racing aspect. Driving as fast as you can to cross the finish line as the first. Beating your opponents. Do you know what else is disturbing? '3, 2, 1, GO!' and 'FINAL LAP!' appearing on half of screen like for some blind people. What is that for? 'Racedriver GRID' hadn't got these things.maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d1e9a86483243fb17fdcd13c83371496.jpg  

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Exactly. KreuZenNL is absolutely right. What is that supposed to be? This should focus on racing aspect. Driving as fast as you can to cross the finish line as the first. Beating your opponents. Do you know what else is disturbing? '3, 2, 1, GO!' and 'FINAL LAP!' appearing on half of screen like for some blind people. What is that for? 'Racedriver GRID' hadn't got these things.maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d1e9a86483243fb17fdcd13c83371496.jpg  

Lap 1 of 2 😭

1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

Lap 1 of 2 😭

Well, yes exactly. I hope there will be an option in freeplay to set higher number of laps randomly (it featured in 'GRID 2' but when you set a random race it was 1-3 laps race) especially because I wouldn't like to set whole my custom event manually. What is more important, it would be good if in Career mode races were not 2-3 laps races. (WARNING! Just the example, Hypothetical situation.) One lap of some circuit is for instance 1:30 (obviously it depends on how good you are, etc.) so the race consisting of only 2 laps would take only about 3 minutes. Quite short, isn't it? Besides, are real-life races are 2-3 laps races?

Let me know what do you think about it if you want. 🙂

Cheers!

PS Codies still have got time to get to grips with their work. I think it would be helpful for them if you followed 'GRID' and give them now what is right/wrong with it.

Hi Grid fans. As the new 'GRID' is on its way, I would like to remind you previous games from this series*. Enjoy!

*Only 'GRID' included.

20190524162233_1.thumb.jpg.14c905f875a59380d7286d69537f6fca.jpg

Right after launching the game we could feel like we were a part of 'GRID World'.

20190524163459_1.thumb.jpg.60007b9103274c97d9ddd6e313106aa6.jpg

Damage model still looks very good. It could be great example of how to make it nowadays. Even mechanical damage does its job very well.

20190524165005_1.thumb.jpg.e922ddf520a1c03b8df4b01d7b73a294.jpg

I think that everyone who has played 'Racedriver GRID' knows this car. Ford Mustang Boss 302. My favourite.

20190524165019_1.thumb.jpg.500b704d2e472352809d910f0ec90d55.jpg

Have I really got to talk about the handling model? This picture tells us everything about it.20190524170632_1.thumb.jpg.ff7952fa1bf1fa3f1b7367ac4805feab.jpg

It is interesting whether they plan to add cars like this or not.

20190524171344_1.thumb.jpg.bf5dea41f20f5c16cf229f257a4d8f2b.jpg

Cathedral loop. One of my favourite tracks in the game.

20190524172135_1.thumb.jpg.8ccf6742441c6566c3b9e1ecdab8d51b.jpg

Here for the first time we could take part in sprint races with more than only 1 opponent (NOTE: not to be confused with Midnight Touge from G1).

20190524172607_1.thumb.jpg.eb27827dfaf823cbf8d2e2691e0acd82.jpg

'GRID 2' also sometimes allowed us to choose whether we want to race during the day or at night. And when it comes to damage model... Well, I will leave it to your comment.

20190524173044_1.thumb.jpg.04316529277200008f1f6c5a15754c96.jpg20190524173046_1.thumb.jpg.d263c2a18a31665f4caa9b1c72d80fc7.jpg20190524173048_1.thumb.jpg.10b43dbbbf8911374bbe555f689d53a8.jpg

No INTERIOR camera??? When I got to know about that terrible fact I thought I misunderstood them or this is some nightmare. I don't even know how they could. So many years of waiting for next 'GRID' game. Now think about these players who cannot imagine playing with the exterior camera...

20190524173442_1.thumb.jpg.01eec62cfa4e62f18fd542e8fcb00a57.jpg

What a beautiful… woman on this poster on the right.

20190524173852_1.thumb.jpg.77314f84d688740684fc8e2b71748e2a.jpg

Yes, so if we have already started to talk about graphics, I think it is just a matter of personal preferences. To my mind, it is too colourful, too intensive. It looks like something idealized.

20190524175401_1.thumb.jpg.a78c1bba043098b5ba8ff16651650e8d.jpg

Here for the first time we could tune our vehicle as well as install upgrades.

20190524175539_1.thumb.jpg.d720f98ee4c5891399296c26401cf8ba.jpg

Ravenwest came back and we have got an opportunity to compete with this team again.

20190524180243_1.thumb.jpg.27831441465ae8c25836f42fb2bd755f.jpg

Damage model has been improved since 'GRID 2' and is not so bad especially if we add the fact that 'Autosport' has been released only a year after G2.

20190524181039_1.thumb.jpg.426fedb29e730c714e447558643d9c98.jpg

Here we can choose the interior camera again...but its look, damn! Why does it look like that???

To sum up, let's cross our fingers for the upcoming 'GRID'.

Wishes!

Filip

I still think it's completely stupid that people are still mad about Grid 2 not having an interior camera six years later...

The interior view in Grid 1 was really bad too because it was angled towards the ground on pretty much every car except open wheelers.

4 minutes ago, Oscar97 said:

I still think it's completely stupid that people are still mad about Grid 2 not having an interior camera six years later...

The interior view in Grid 1 was really bad too because it was angled towards the ground on pretty much every car except open wheelers.

You think like that probably because you don't understand the idea of interior camera. And what about those who play with steering wheel? Then the best way to play is to use this camera. Besides, using the interior you see your road more clearly.

• Confused 2

I actually play with the interior camera in some games, but the camera in Grid was unusable for me. Except in open-wheelers.

If 8 locations and 12 circuits is the confirmed base content (with the rest of the game once again locked in DLC seasons) that's a really poor incentive to go out and buy this game soI I'll vote with my wallet and sit on this one until it goes ultra cheap or it ends up on gamepass.

With no major racing games planned on XBox this year you'd have thought that Codemasters would have gone all out to make Grid a truly spectacular game instead of ripping people off with this tacky DLC nonsense. What gives? Do you not want our money?

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

If 8 locations and 12 circuits is the confirmed base content (with the rest of the game once again locked in DLC seasons) that's a really poor incentive to go out and buy this game soI I'll vote with my wallet and sit on this one until it goes ultra cheap or it ends up on gamepass.

With no major racing games planned on XBox this year you'd have thought that Codemasters would have gone all out to make Grid a truly spectacular game instead of ripping people off with this tacky DLC nonsense. What gives? Do you not want our money?

As talked a bit in the microtransactions thread, Codies have been dying since 2010, so they definitely want money in order to continue even developing games.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

According this list are listed 12 locations:

12 Incredible Racing Locations – Compete in intense wheel-to-wheel races on iconic city streets, world-famous circuits, and beautiful point-topoints, featuring Havana, Shanghai, Brands Hatch, Indianapolis, and many more, with multiple routes at each location and varied time of day and weather conditions:
  • China – Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai, Circuit, Street Track
  • Malaysia – Sepang International, Circuit, Circuit
  • Japan – Okutama, Circuit
  • United Kingdom – Brands Hatch, Silverstone Circuit, Circuit, Circuit
  • Spain – Barcelona, Street Track
  • United States – San Francisco, Indianapolis, Crescent Valley (fictional), Street Track, Circuit, Circuit
  • Cuba – Havana, Street Track
  • Australia – Sydney Motorsport Park, Circuit

BUT in China (Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai) , UK ( Brands Hatch, Silverstone Circuit) , and USA (San Francisco, Indianapolis, Crescent Valley) there is more than one track so they are probably  shown all 12 location of base game.. I guess each season will include 1 track and the total tracks will reach 15 in total with many different layouts offcorse.. I dont expect soemthing more..

So neither Forza 8 or PCARS 3 into 2019?

Edited by PocoLoco319

It's 12 locations across 8 countries.

As for Codemasters dying, that's simply not true. They've made a lot of money with DiRT Rally, and I'm certain they at least break even with their other games (maybe not ONRUSH though).

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Agreed. But the problem is judging by comments over on facebook this is acceptable practice for them to sell a part game then portion the rest off as dlc. I am with you wait for bargin basement price hopefully with a COMPLETE edition. Then buy.

Edited by AaronDix
Spelling mistake

23 hours ago, Oscar97 said:

As for Codemasters dying, that's simply not true. They've made a lot of money with DiRT Rally, and I'm certain they at least break even with their other games (maybe not ONRUSH though).

This is from me from another post, just for you to know some more information, but not all of it as I don't know everything. This also misses the Evo studio being bought by Codies and Evo studio layoffs.

image.png.e49db3fb0acd75beaa5d938fd5998d5b.png

I have not played grid since Racedriver Grid and I loved that game. Many hours spent as a kid playing it. Well grown up a bit now and I am sure everyone else from the old Icon clan is probably too busy to play, but will be picking this new game up and putting down COD BO4 for a bit 😅😂

Posted (edited)

I understand that this game is a mass product, designed for casuals, but please enter into it more realism from the point of view of the physics of the behavior of cars, in Grid Autosport and F1 series you could almost do it, and in Dirt Rally 2.0 - just could. I would like to have a full view of the cockpit with mirrors and working gauges. And let the bots be smarter)

Edited by BorisK66

7 hours ago, BorisK66 said:

I understand that this game is a mass product, designed for casuals, but please enter into it more realism from the point of view of the physics of the behavior of cars, in Grid Autosport and F1 series you could almost do it, and in Dirt Rally 2.0 - just could. I would like to have a full view of the cockpit with mirrors and working gauges. And let the bots be smarter)

When it comes to cockpit camera I saw how it looks like on first gameplays and to my mind (at least) it is OK. It is better than in 'GRID Autosport' for sure.