Welcome to the new GRID

#LikeNoOther Autosport, not 2019 😛

Big question i have is what happens after Season 3... is that it, does the game get abandoned or will there be continued DLC, development and support so we get the game #NearlyAsGood

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GavinMac said:

#LikeNoOther Autosport, not 2019 😛

Big question i have is what happens after Season 3... is that it, does the game get abandoned or will there be continued DLC, development and support so we get the game #NearlyAsGood

It all depends on finances. DR2.0 at least has gotten 2 more seasons + 1 free DLC for people who have bought at least one season. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well there are enough tracks and cars not carried over from GAS that can be used to milk some DLC for a few more seasons

I would love to see more to be honest. I like physics and core gameplay of it. It only needs more content. 

3 hours ago, Mrocz said:

I would love to see more to be honest. I like physics and core gameplay of it. It only needs more content. 

this is what we all wrote many times here - I like physics and core gameplay of it. It only needs more content and atention, more simple awful graphic bugs update like trees and rocks and building texture. the light/shadows play could be also updated and ofcrs AI

I tried the game for about an hour...

It still arcade, but handle nothing like the other GRID. The driving behavior is far more authentic than GRID Autosport & some handling behavior are more realistic than Assetto Corsa or other reputable simracing games while the rest is more exaggerated. When you steer over the limit or hard on the brake, the car actually do plow straight & you actually do need throttle control going out of a corner, etc. When you need to countersteer out of a corner from too much throttle, it snap hard like it should.

I've read & watch video reviews about GRID 2019... I feel like they don't know what is oversteer(when the traction in the rear is inferior to the front ). This only happen when you need to countersteer to keep track, but you don't in 99.99% of the case, It just rotate. The car are very neutral that it rotate easily & still in control of the car. Like AC, it has no lift off oversteer.

All the car has fantasy spec & stats, but the car behavior is done right & not too much alien like many simracing game which is nice.

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 3

On 2/25/2020 at 9:40 AM, Ak1504 said:

Welcome to the new GRID

giphy.gif

100% accurate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Best review so far !

This is how Grid's forums is after just 6 months of newest entry and thats because of the fault handling/choices of CM that never listen to community ...

• Agree 1

6 months and its dead. Well done CM. *slow clap* WELL.DONE. 

lol, it's just the same few here on the forums.

get ready for GAS 2022, greedy as sin !

On 4/17/2020 at 7:50 PM, Jay84 said:

6 months and its dead. Well done CM. *slow clap* WELL.DONE. 

the 20 of us are having fun 😄

• Haha 1

I finally picked the game up today in the PSN sale for £22,it was the ultimate edition.

I have had a weird relationship with this game as I had it pre-ordered from all the way back when it was announced but cancelled it just a day before release after seeing footage of base consoles and feeling there may be some serious issues with the game.

Since then I had kind of forgotten about it other than checking out these forums once or twice to see what progress was being made with it.

Anyway,I've been pretty bored with how life is at the moment and haven't had much to play.I was looking through the current PSN sale and spotted Grid,the sale ended tonight at midnight....so I did a quick search at what the dlc content had been and saw it was all now released.

I don't usually impulse buy,but given the sale was ending very soon I figured £22 for the complete version would keep me entertained for a good while.

I've played a few events now and the blurry visuals I saw at launch seem to have been fixed(I'm on a base PS4),there are lots of events now and I'll only be playing single player so that's great for me.

I'm playing on hard with all assists turned off and it's a good challenge for me personally,so that's also good news.

I know the game has disappointed many,and for good reason with the lack of content and dodgy visuals when compared to previous Grid games.....and I played Driveclub for three months solid so I know what a beautiful game looks like.....but I have to say my first impression has been a positive one and I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this game.

At £70 back when I had the ultimate edition pre-ordered.....maybe not,but at £22 with all the content and patches(loving being able to set race distances),I think this is a pretty good investment.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I agree.  At £22 for the ultimate edition is a must. 

Sadly I paid £50 for standard game and was pretty annoyed. 

I've since upgraded ultimate edition and it's more cars and a few tracks for £10.

I expect to have all the  cars from day one lol 

I hated gt sports for the reason that you had race to buy cars.

.its looking a bit better but I see they've added car wash lol.

I can't play this game on my wheel but tbh it feels ok on  pad .

Edited by senna94f1
Predicated spelling has never worked.

Posted (edited)

Nevermind new patch is just a few bug fixes. I guess that counts as SEASON 4 😉 

Edited by Jay84

Posted (edited)

I love this game. Maybe graphically this is not the level of Gran Turismo Sport, but when it comes to driving model and fun, GRID wins by several lengths.

The driving model is arcade, but clever and fun. There is a very strong "one more race" syndrome here. Lots of classic cars and muscle cars. I love driving my Alpine A110 at full speed in the rain :classic_love:. Something beautiful. At a high level of difficulty, artificial intelligence is a very good rival.

If I knew that this game is so addictive I would buy a long time ago. Great job, Codemasters 👏. A really good game 👍. A perfect springboard from all these serious half simulators. GRID is very similar to Driveclub in terms of entertainment, but in Driveclub there are only modern cars and I prefer classics.

I recently bought two games: GRID and DiRT Rally 2.0. Both excellent.

E: I remembered one fatal defect: Polish translation is rubbish. Work of an amateur, really unacceptable for the game off the shelf AAA. Voice-over recordings are good. Quite ok. But the level of translation of the text and the errors it contains is like spitting in the face. Translations into Polish never been high quality in your games. But what is in GRID passes human understanding. This should not be. You should hire a professional for this job. I am allowed to use Google translator. A professional company with many years of game development traditions should not. Shame. So good game with such a flaw. I give 8/10 for the game. But translation, 2/10.

Edited by eMc0B
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, eMc0B said:

Maybe graphically this is not the level of Gran Turismo Sport

this is not even GRID2 level.

I didn't play, so I don't know. The point is that graphics are not the most important thing for me. GTS has much, MUCH better graphics (which is not surprising, the exclusive title and a large brand), but it is a boring game compared to GRID. And it's not a simulator in my opinion either. Graphics are not everything. The level of fun and driving pleasure is definitely on the GRID side. And that's what I'm looking for, driving pleasure. I also consider Project CARS (1, 2), Assetto Corsa, WRC 7, DiRT Rally 2.0, Driveclub, F1 2017 and F1 2018 as good games. GTS is absolutely the most boring car game I've ever dealt with. But I don't want to get into the comparison, because it doesn't make sense.

• Agree 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, eMc0B said:

Graphics are not everything

Definitely. But if you could 6 years ago, why you can't now?

Also, where is the career? I can forgive Autosport, because it was "handling patch". But now?

• Agree 1

Tbh .

I was hoping seasons 1 . 2 . 3 along with patches would transform grid . 

But sadly not . 

The weird colour of graphics. 

Was Someone colour blind as it's like a badly washed picture. 

The sounds is great but I absolutely hate any game where you then have to buy the bloody cars to race. 

Gt sports looks great and livery editor is good but its still down to tyre physics and its rubbish. 

I've never played grid on a wheel but use my wheel for AC on steam .  Pcars2 and AC and F1 up to  f12019. 

The cockpit is still too dark and some cars with all the assists off handle like on rails while others with assists handle like no assists. 

And that's a fair review from someone who's raced sims for many years and raced in real life .

I suppose if I'd bought grid 2019 for £22 ultimate edition then yes its worth that but not when people pay like £70 when new to only get 10% of an actual game.

When you're paying top dollars you expect to get a top game. 

GTA OR RED DEAD 2  LOTS OF OTHER GAMES WHICH ARE WORTHY OF PAYING TOP DOLLARS. 

But sadly not grid 2019 .

And what's with the silly skirmish.  I want to be able to change car set up. 

Grid was sold as a people's game.

For the casual sim where you can could jump on straight away or for the  arcade guys .

It doesn't really know what it is .

And that's a shame bec6grid autosport  looks and handles better and its 6 years ago.

Obviously this is  only my opinion 

Finally got that last Achievement 🙂 

• Like 3

Congrats @PJTierney now you can abandon the game/community like the rest of Codemasters team. 

Sorry that we did not manage our expectations better, we thought more of Codemasters!

Didn't bother providing a game with proper multiplayer setup!

Didn't bother with providing a good range of cars/tracks on release!

Didn't bother implementing damage system properly!

Didn't bother with different race formats!

Couldnt even be bothered to tell us if there are plans for future content or bug fixes!

Rather than the "Manage Expectations" line we get, maybe it should be "CBA"

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, GavinMac said:

Congrats @PJTierney now you can abandon the game/community like the rest of Codemasters team. 

Sorry that we did not manage our expectations better, we thought more of Codemasters!

Didn't bother providing a game with proper multiplayer setup!

Didn't bother with providing a good range of cars/tracks on release!

Didn't bother implementing damage system properly!

Didn't bother with different race formats!

Couldnt even be bothered to tell us if there are plans for future content or bug fixes!

Rather than the "Manage Expectations" line we get, maybe it should be "CBA"

It's uncalled for to flame someone like this. There are other ways to express your concerns. Please be respectful.