Welcome to the new GRID

Posted (edited)

I definitely am Much better @ managing my expectations after experiencing greed 2019.

3 things i make sure of now:

I wait for REAL gamer reviews (after release date) not made by paid off media or "influence R's" receiving Free copies.

I complete games before blindly buying the next in the series.

I also am back to my old self with being CHEAP & waiting for (DEEP) discounts.

it feels Grrrrrrrreat, i'am like Tony the tiger !

Edited by OugaBooga
errors

On 5/25/2020 at 11:09 PM, PJTierney said:

Finally got that last Achievement 🙂 

I’m at Gold-level 28 and well into season 3 at the moment and soon reaching 12,500 km. Do you have some tips for how you keep up the motivation for «The around the globe»-trophy after you’ve reached Grid-level and completed the career mode including the three seasons? I recond I will be around 15,000 km after completing the last season, which means I will have 25,000 km to go before I reach the goal for the achievement. 

9 hours ago, Kjell007 said:

I’m at Gold-level 28 and well into season 3 at the moment and soon reaching 12,500 km. Do you have some tips for how you keep up the motivation for «The around the globe»-trophy after you’ve reached Grid-level and completed the career mode including the three seasons? I recond I will be around 15,000 km after completing the last season, which means I will have 25,000 km to go before I reach the goal for the achievement. 

Once you've done everything in the game it comes down to running Indianapolis Oval in the Porsche 917, with the gears maxed out.

At that point if you're just driving in circles for the Achievement I'd recommend turning the audio off and sticking some podcasts on. 🙂 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, OugaBooga said:

it feels Grrrrrrrreat, i'am like Tony the tiger !

Well, it's definately a Frosty environment in here 🙂

To be honest though, because the release quality of games is always a bit hit and miss nowadays you should be doing most of that list by default anyway. Plus, paying a lot less after a few weeks not only increases the possibility of purchasing a game with critical updates already applied it also gives the option to upgrade to any DX / Ultimate editions for around the same price of the day one release should you feel the need to do so. TBH, with the exception of COD and/or Battlefield games (which can sometimes offer just as much content in a season pass as there is in the base game) I kind of recognise the incredibly low value DLC's offer so I tend to stay away regardless.

After all, if the Grid base game would have been released with the exact same content as the DX upgrade offers, would you have still paid £30 for it? No? So why would it represent any value as a DLC expansion? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Once you've done everything in the game it comes down to running Indianapolis Oval in the Porsche 917, with the gears maxed out.

At that point if you're just driving in circles for the Achievement I'd recommend turning the audio off and sticking some podcasts on. 🙂 

Ha, if you think you had it bad then i'm currently 46% thru the 'Drive a truck for (with a top speed of 104km/h but bearing in mind the severity of the terrain it's more like an average speed of 50-70km/h) 6000km' achievement in Dakar 18....for a whole 8g. I don't know, you youngsters don't know when you've got it made...... 🙂

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Ha, if you think you had it bad then i'm currently 46% thru the 'Drive a truck for (with a top speed of 104km/h but bearing in mind the severity of the terrain it's more like an average speed of 50-70km/h) 6000km' achievement in Dakar 18....for a whole 8g. I don't know, you youngsters don't know when you've got it made...... 🙂

😮 

I'm older than you think 😉 

I'm used to the grind for some Achievements. This year alone I've done some 300 hour ones in Cities: Skylines.

• Thanks 1

I never care much for achievements tbh, if I like a game they wil come anyway by just playing the hell out of the game without it feels like an effort.   :classic_biggrin:

Nice rig you got there btw @PJTierney   :classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 9:46 AM, PJTierney said:

Ok, thanks. In other words, a humongous grind. 🥱 I wish the game would have had pitstops to change tyres and petrol filling, so I could have made some proper endurance races. I really wonder what the person that came up with the «Around the world»-trophy for this game were thinking. Maybe the person were confusing Grid with Dirt Rally 2.0, and mixed two of the trophies since I think «Fire up that car ... again»-trophy is better suited for Grid, while the «Around the world»-trophy suits Dirt Rally 2.0 better. 🙃

On 6/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, PJTierney said:

😮 

I'm older than you think 😉 

I'm used to the grind for some Achievements. This year alone I've done some 300 hour ones in Cities: Skylines.

If you really want to test your endurance, I think Train Sim World would test your patience, especially if you go for all of the 13 DLCs after finishing the base game. 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, Kjell007 said:

If you really want to test your endurance, I think Train Sim World would test your patience, especially if you go for all of the 13 DLCs after finishing the base game. 😂

LOL, when i want to test my patience i play games like dark souls, doom & serious sam on the hardest difficulty !

Almost ALWAYS i end up breaking **** & regretting i bothered, 

Edited by OugaBooga

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, Kjell007 said:

I really wonder what the person that came up with the «Around the world»-trophy for this game were thinking.

The around the globe achievement/trophy was made with MP in mind I guess, as that is dead horse and you have to do it in SP which you complete far before you reach the goal off course, makes it feel more like an humongous task then when you play online every evening having fun.   :classic_smile:

Also i think not all achievements should be easy to complete so it gives more satisfaction when you do get it.

Edited by Assiemodis
  • Agree 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.cbed8932406280bd6d6cee5fc8c0e7c2.jpg

Hi guys. Not so long time ago (actually, it is obvious) I got to know that new 'GRID' comes out (called just 'GRID', nothing else). It is really cool and I cannot wait when I will get it. In my opinion, both 'GRID 2' and 'GRID Autosport' were not as great as 'Racedriver GRID' so I hope the new game will be at least as great as 'Racedriver GRID'. If we start discussion about the upcoming game, I would like to share with my little proposition. What about adding spotter from 'GRID 1' (if possible)? I think that everyone who played 'GRID 1' will know who I mean (actually I didn't find his name so that also is why I ask). I also hope that Codies will not forget about the iconic car (At least in my opinion. And what do you think about it? You can share with your thoughts.), which is Ford Mustang Boss 302. There was no such Ford in 'GRID Autosport'. It would be really cool if they did menu like this one from 'GRID 1' or 'GRID 2'. Not such a minimalism like it is in 'GRID Autosport'. Personally, I didn't like the idea of putting a car on black background. This was a loss of racing climate. Much too stark. I would like to see good-looking damage model. Probably the best damage model was in G1. And one more thing, probably the most important. Let they make brand new circuits. Just think, would 'GRID' be good if they copied tracks from previous games like it is in 'GRID Autosport'? The quality is more important than the number of tracks (what doesn't mean that the game shouldn't have got satysfying number of tracks/locations). The same about DLC. Something completely new (you remember 'DiRT Rally 2.0' Season 1 so you know what I mean). We know that they plan to release 3 Seasons (!). I am interested in how big these Seasons will be. We will see.

Your opinion and comments are desirable. Thank you for being interested in what I wrote and published here on this forum. It might motivate me to be more active here. 🙂

Wishes!

6EF5650A19B7E4F4EEBAB09DD7A50B9E06833C8B.thumb.jpg.552ea047739803e8af32662e502a2ab7.jpg

I still have Grid Autosport!

I am online!

my rig..............absolutely .........

Yours ? all bout bragging rights..............THX Yo !

hhahahaa  lets seee  what5 happens in the next 3 yrs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've decided to play multi with my friend in GRID 2019 and GRID 2 yesterday. We spent a few hours playing GRID 2 and only 30 mins in GRID 2019. GRID 2 is still gives much more fun and positive experience...those progressiion system, car tiers and car uprgades are just great. Also hardcore mode is so much better in GRID 2....

Edited by MyMessiah

I was thinking about ads. Why all Codemaster games are full of ads? I don't think it's more real but it feels like the games should be free. Do you think those ads are paid? If so, it looks like the most expensive games on the market.

A Wheely Good Time finally done! I wasn't expected it that hard 😄 It wasn't impossible but difficulty peak is very high. Good game...