Welcome to the new GRID

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Great news so far. But one thing makes me a bit anxious. Look at 7:40. Does it mean that after terminal damage you respawn like Je... like you played FPS online? Codies, could you explain that to me? Maybe I don't understand something?

Yeah I'm scared 😕 How can we have random crashes and stuff when you wouldn't even retire...

• Agree 1

You can change the amount of flashbacks, just like in previous games. In that video you can see in the bottom left corner a red number 5, thats how many flashbacks you got.
Here are all the tracks shown in the video -

JxQd1Bm.jpgwNBO7Rk.jpgJbNJFVt.jpgSmSXwx1.jpg7MoHGak.jpgtBoZmyY.jpgtr87Lee.jpgQD1UzAo.jpg4GCwMWZ.jpgVnCAQss.jpglEKWHxr.jpgXmZkjuz.jpgKRRrE0g.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

That Crescent Valley raceway must be the Autosport raceway from GAS,  no real track but i like much suitable also for the Nascar style cars... 

About flashbacks i dont like them i will have them off both online and offline.. It should be better not  exist in game at all.. 

I hope there are only custom lobbies and not Playlist online as well...

Also i noticed that there is not option for weather that means that that option to change it  is where you change the time of  day?  I think it's like that in dirt rally 2.0.. 

So far there is footage for Shanghai city track in: day/clear,  noon/clear,  day /rain,  night /Clear,  if there is this combo in all locations i would be happy as this adds variety in an already limited content game... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

That Crescent Valley raceway must be the Autosport raceway from GAS,  no real track but i like much suitable also for the Nascar style cars... 

About flashbacks i dont like them i will have them off both online and offline.. It should be better not  exist in game at all.. 

I hope there are only custom lobbies and not Playlist online as well...

Also i noticed that there is not option for weather that means that that option to change it  is where you change the time of  day?  I think it's like that in dirt rally 2.0.. 

So far there is footage for Shanghai city track in: day/clear,  noon/clear,  day /rain,  night /Clear,  if there is this combo in all locations i would be happy as this adds variety in an already limited content game... 

Absolutely agree. In 'GRID 2' we could choose only between day and night in selected tracks. Some tracks in Miami (Ocean Drive for instance), Paris (Le Trocadeo, Champs Elysees), Chicago, etc. were only during sunset. There was no option to change that. I hope in 'GRID' we will be able to choose between day, sunset, night, rain, and so on on every single track. Also this rain is something brand new to this series and this is really cool. I am very intrested in how it looks like. So it would be good if we receive some new gameplay showing that.

Posted (edited)

2 new gameplay videos in first video at 1:50 it is shown for few seconds the cockpit view , looks detailed enough (ok dont expect project cars 2 level  of detailes) but nothing to do with terrible , blurry with no details GAS cockpit.. Also there is cockpit without wheel as in most modern racing ames suitable for those play with wheel ... Very happy with it !

About cameras i would like to see again the view over drivers helmet in open wheels like that of GAS..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

23 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Some more infos from Game director Chris Smith...

8:39 in video>

DLC's are coming out ....
This is what i am afraid of 😞
We all know how it ended up in previous games !

7 hours ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

But what do you mean? That DLCs will be only content from previous games? Don't be so pessimistic. You can always share your opinion here, tell that you would like to have got brand new content in DLCs and other users will support you. I recommend to write about it in 'If you had one wish...' post. 🙂

9 hours ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

Yes will be season 1,2,3 dlc with tracks abd cars abd maybe new modes?  For sure drift will be not in game at least on launch  and i am afraid demo too.. 

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

But what do you mean? That DLCs will be only content from previous games? Don't be so pessimistic. You can always share your opinion here, tell that you would like to have got brand new content in DLCs and other users will support you. I recommend to write about it in 'If you had one wish...' post. 🙂

He is right to say like that ascwe have seen sane tactic from cm in the past for example to sell Spa as dlc in grid 2 also they did same with dirt rally 2.0.. (Wales, Germany, monte carlo, Sweden) That is a bad strategy that separated  the online community 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

He is right to say like that ascwe have seen sane tactic from cm in the past for example to sell Spa as dlc in grid 2 also they did same with dirt rally 2.0.. (Wales, Germany, monte carlo, Sweden) That is a bad strategy that separated  the online community 

All post-release tracks should be free for everyone according to press who have been trying out the GRID game. You should apparently also be able to play in classes you don't have a DLC for through "loan cars" according to one press guy.

Edited by UP100
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

All post-release tracks should be free for everyone according to press who have been trying out the GRID game. You should apparently also be able to play in classes you don't have a DLC for through "loan cars" according to one press guy.

You are correct, they won't be charging anyone a dime for tracks, they are free.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

You are correct, they won't be charging anyone a dime for tracks, they are free.

Is that sure? Is this confirmed officially by any cm manager? So what does this mean,  that there  will be only cars/classes,  new events ir modes (for example drift) but all post - release tracks will be free for all with no charge? Have you any link with the source to send me? 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

17 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Is that sure? Is this confirmed officially by any cm manager? So what does this mean,  that there  will be only cars/classes,  new events ir modes (for example drift) but all post - release tracks will be free for all with no charge? Have you any link with the source to send me? 

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-director-i-hate-microtransactions

From the game director Chris Smith.

5 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Ok dudes that's great news,  i thought that there were tracks among the 3 seasons of dlc also i did not about split screen,   not that interested but its cool to be there.. :classic_rolleyes:

Yes! We will have got money again. No stupid fans or just levelling. 🤑

2 new videos i found the first one shows cockpit view at 2:20 and the first major crash at 1:45

Dont you think colors are too dark?? I think its a trend for CM lighting design as Dirt Rally 2.0 has similar dark colors , i dont like them a lot..

1 minute ago, Miatakias_GR said:

2 new videos i found the first one shows cockpit view at 2:20 and the first major crash at 1:45

Dont you think colors are too dark?? I think its a trend for CM lighting design as Dirt Rally 2.0 has similar dark colors , i dont like them a lot..

Yes, on the second one colours are almost identical to those in Silverstone from 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Look a this.

1668935118_DiRTRally2.0screenshot.thumb.png.ce9e6e734985080c12d7e16265bd3688.png

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Yes, on the second one colours are almost identical to those in Silverstone from 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Look a this.

1668935118_DiRTRally2.0screenshot.thumb.png.ce9e6e734985080c12d7e16265bd3688.png

Ok in this photo its about cloudy weather but in Grid in shady spots or tunnels  or when this is not sun its too dark almost black.. I think cm must make a bit brigher colors in some points.. For example look at the back of the car of first video (as its shown before starts) All the back part of car its dark black..

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

Ok in this photo its about cloudy weather but in Grid in shady spots or tunnels  or when this is not sun its too dark almost black.. I think cm must make a bit brigher colors in some points..

Oh, so you meant when you go through the tunnel. And in your opinion it is too dark. OK. I agree with you. I think it is one more problem and it is about headlights. They don't brighten dark places, in these videos tunnels. At least I think so, maybe they are just turned off? I cannot confirm that.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Ok in this photo its about cloudy weather but in Grid in shady spots or tunnels  or when this is not sun its too dark almost black.. I think cm must make a bit brigher colors in some points.. For example look at the back of the car of first video (as its shown before starts) All the back part of car its dark black..

But it is because this car has got such livery. It is not because of shadows.

OK, maybe shadows darken a bit too much.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Oh, so you meant when you go through the tunnel. And in your opinion it is too dark. OK. I agree with you. I think it is one more problem and it is about headlights. They don't brighten dark places, in these videos tunnels. At least I think so, maybe they are just turned off? I cannot confirm that.

Not only into tunnels but generally in most videos i have watched colors are too dark , same is dirt rally2.. I think its a trend of cm designers but dont like to many people.. In Grid 2 /GAS was not so dark.. Grid 1 was too yellowish.. (too warm/yellow color)

Anyway you might fix this in game options in brightness option..Overall graphics i like

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 2

Not only into tunnels but generally in most videos i have watched colors are too dark , same is dirt rally2.. I think its a trend of cm designers but dont like to many people.. In Grid 2 /GAS was not so dark.. Grid 1 was too yellowish.. (too warm/yellow color)

Well, when it comes to 'Racedriver GRID' I would not criticise this game for being too yellowish. It was 12 years ago (or 11?) and menu and HUD colour was yellow. I don't think it is yellowish by accident.

6 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Anyway you might fix this in game options in brightness option..Overall graphics i like

Exactly. Probably the reason why brightness is one of options we can change on our own in options.

1 minute ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Well, when it comes to 'Racedriver GRID' I would not criticise this game for being too yellowish. It was 12 years ago (or 11?) and menu and HUD colour was yellow. I don't think it is yellowish by accident.

No devs made it like that.. Ok was not bad this yellowish feeling , matched to this game.. If new Grid handling / physics are close to Race driver Grid i will not complain for anything else..😎

• Agree 1