Welcome to the new GRID

Just now, Miatakias_GR said:

No devs made it like that.. Ok was not bad this yellowish feeling , matched to this game.. If new Grid handling / physics are close to Race driver Grid i will not complain for anything else..😎

Absolutely agree with you. 'Racedriver GRID' has got the best physics handling from all these 3 games so far. Driving with Ford Mustang Boss 302 was a pleasure.

2 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Absolutely agree with you. 'Racedriver GRID' has got the best physics handling from all these 3 games so far. Driving with Ford Mustang Boss 302 was a pleasure.

In videos some testers say that new grid has similar feeling with the first one so i expect a really good game

5 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

In videos some testers say that new grid has similar feeling with the first one so i expect a really good game

Because of that fact I expect a really good game too. With 'DiRT Rally 2.0' and 'GRID (2019)' Codemasters come back to their wonderful roots.

22 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Because of that fact I expect a really good game too. With 'DiRT Rally 2.0' and 'GRID (2019)' Codemasters come back to their wonderful roots.

Yes i may buy Dirt rally 2.0 also in some lower price ... But for me Grid franchise is the best!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

No devs made it like that.. Ok was not bad this yellowish feeling , matched to this game.. If new Grid handling / physics are close to Race driver Grid i will not complain for anything else..😎

I used a mod to remove the p!ss filter. Autosport has the best car physics. Driving the Lacetti in the first grid was like being on rails, taking corners in the same way lap after lap.
In Autosport the car is more dynamic and every lap is different, hitting the fastest lines through corners is much much harder.

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

I used a mod to remove the p!ss filter. Autosport has the best car physics. Driving the Lacetti in the first grid was like being on rails, taking corners in the same way lap after lap.
In Autosport the car is more dynamic and every lap is different, hitting the fastest lines through corners is much much harder.

About colors i prefer Autosport palette.. About physics / handling i prefer Grid 1  it was the smoothest handling ever in racing game also the damage model and car deformation was the best.. Many testers of new Grid say that handling is very close to Grid 1 .. Lets see..

Grid 1 handling was fine but bit unreal, cars glued to track. GAS handling is a perfect sim arcade mix imo. Switching to grid1 from sim gaming like rfactor was hard, had no Such issues with GAS. 

Posted (edited)

If the handling without assists will be like GRID 1, I think I may refund the game. I don't want F1 2011 levels of stupid handling. 2011 physics at least had severe understeer at times, so that's one point GRID will never get back.

I want out. Codies you have the possibility of making the cars feel totally different between assists, so for the love of god don't do the 2011 handling. Autosport was okay with the amount of understeer the cars gave you at times.

Also for those who don't understand F1: That is 8.5 seconds quicker than the actual pole time that year.

Edited by UP100

1 hour ago, Flowa23 said:

Grid 1 handling was fine but bit unreal, cars glued to track. GAS handling is a perfect sim arcade mix imo. Switching to grid1 from sim gaming like rfactor was hard, had no Such issues with GAS. 

'Racedriver GRID' is pretty old game so what did you expect from it? Realistic handling started to appear in further games in 2015 ('DiRT Rally').

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

If the handling without assists will be like GRID 1, I think I may refund the game. I don't want F1 2011 levels of stupid handling. 2011 physics at least had severe understeer at times, so that's one point GRID will never get back.

I want out. Codies you have the possibility of making the cars feel totally different between assists, so for the love of god don't do the 2011 handling. Autosport was okay with the amount of understeer the cars gave you at times.

Also for those who don't understand F1: That is 8.5 seconds quicker than the actual pole time that year.

You cannot really compare the handling in F1 to the handling in 'GRID'. Open-wheel cars have got completely different handling than the rest of cars. We can even notice that in 'GRID' games (maybe except 'GRID 2'). Man, this is obvious, why do I mention this arcade game for kids?

35 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

You cannot really compare the handling in F1 to the handling in 'GRID'. Open-wheel cars have got completely different handling than the rest of cars. We can even notice that in 'GRID' games (maybe except 'GRID 2'). Man, this is obvious, why do I mention this arcade game for kids?

I don't see why can't I compare them though? The open wheels in Race Driver: GRID seem terrible though as all of the cars have already unbelievable amounts of grip, so there is no way to really make the open wheelers unique except by making them turn really easily. At least Autosport got this kind of right, except that the Open Wheelers still wanted to do this weird half-drift if you turned the wheel too much.

44 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

'Racedriver GRID' is pretty old game so what did you expect from it? Realistic handling started to appear in further games in 2015 ('DiRT Rally').

In 2010, the former Swordfish Studios released a game called F1 2010 which had a decent enough handling.

These days instead of DiRT Rally, Codemasters' "most realistic" game is still considered by some to be one of the RBR games. All RBR games released years before Race Driver: GRID. I don't see what this has to do with the handling though. We already had games like rFactor out back then (2005) that were close to the level of actual production simulators (rFPro used the same engine and was used by actual Formula 1 teams and other manufacturers and so on)

1 hour ago, KreuZenNL said:

ChrisGrovesMCM I would like to know of there is slipstream

Considering most Codemasters titles have it, I would say this one has it as well.

Posted (edited)

2 new videos at first in 2:45 there is an impressive crash , such moments is Grid all about for me..

In second video you can see some replay camera angles at the end..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Posted (edited)

Also i have a question... Why this in NASCAR car the cockpit view is on the right and not on left where driver/wheel is?? You can see that above in second video i uploaded at 2:45 (it's not replay footage but gameplay...)  Pretty weird!😮🙄😳image.thumb.png.9951754f18f6729dca29b3e914912005.png

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Because pre release version with many bugs.

Posted (edited)

@ChrisGrovesMCM System requirements question: is the recommended Nvidia card really a GTX 1080 or do you mean a 1070? Because, the 1070 is about even with an RX590, but a 1080 is over 50% faster than a RX590.

Edited by warpengage

14 hours ago, warpengage said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM System requirements question: is the recommended Nvidia card really a GTX 1080 or do you mean a 1070? Because, the 1070 is about even with an RX590, but a 1080 is over 50% faster than a RX590.

Looks that chrisgrovesmcm has not visited forums for some days,  i have opened a dedicated topic about systems requirements,  you better go there to discuss about it... 

Another gameplay. Muscle cars in action.

But one thing worries me. In Freeplay we are allowed to race only on one selected track (I am not sure whether numer of rounds works like 3 rounds, 3 different tracks or 3 rounds, 1 track like it is in 'GRID Autosport'). What is more, we cannot randomise tracks. I don't know what is the problem to add option to randomise tracks like it was in previous 'GRID' games. I know that it is not so important but in my opinion it would make freeplay more comfortable. Personally, I want to press the button and go any track, not to wonder which of nearly 100 tracks to choose. Quite a lot, isn't it?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Another gameplay. Muscle cars in action.

But one thing worries me. In Freeplay we are allowed to race only on one selected track (I am not sure whether numer of rounds works like 3 rounds, 3 different tracks or 3 rounds, 1 track like it is in 'GRID Autosport'). What is more, we cannot randomise tracks. I don't know what is the problem to add option to randomise tracks like it was in previous 'GRID' games. I know that it is not so important but in my opinion it would make freeplay more comfortable. Personally, I want to press the button and go any track, not to wonder which of nearly 100 tracks to choose. Quite a lot, isn't it?

I was about to upload right now this video but u got to do it first... 🙂 In this video we see at the end some replay with different camera angles... Classic Grid style replays with cinematic action i like them... Also in start of video we take a taste from users interface and menus,  i like the new approach with big pictures that is not similar with the older grid games... 

Also in players profile option i see i would like we are able to create our driver choising face, helmet , racing suit like F1 series and other games..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

1 hour ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Tracks will get learned quickly, so the more the better.

Obviously, I didn't mean something like there are lots of tracks and it is wrong, no, no, no, no. I just don't like the fact that there is no randomise option. That is it.