Welcome to the new GRID

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Thanks i am checking it... 

Shows gameplay of the Auto Gallery Nissan Skyline GTR Super Modified around Havana. The commentator speaks German mostly, so you will hear some things that you may not understand.

I really hope that was cosmetic damage or something otherwise that is a huge step down from all previous grid games. Car was basically a tank. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bluestig said:

I really hope that was cosmetic damage or something otherwise that is a huge step down from all previous grid games. Car was basically a tank. 

Agree. The best damage model is in 'Racedriver GRID'. Cars used to crush like Coca-Cola can there. Check this.

20190524163459_1.thumb.jpg.60007b9103274c97d9ddd6e313106aa6.jpg

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Agree. The best damage model is in 'Racedriver GRID'. Cars used to crush like Coca-Cola can there. Check this.

20190524163459_1.thumb.jpg.60007b9103274c97d9ddd6e313106aa6.jpg

Yup, just search grid car damage on google images and find out what could be achieved in that game 11 years ago. To think we have actually regressed so much in the damage department. I wonder what the reason is. Even in the dirt series there is barely any deformation anymore compared to older dirt 1 or 2. In the latest dirt rally 2 you can’t even lose wheels. 

E14ECF95-5572-4E3F-A511-B4F31837291D.jpeg

7850CE29-FCDD-4229-AB2B-24439B04D130.jpeg

20A8006F-7A93-4040-BB98-294F853FF8DD.jpeg

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bluestig said:

Yup, just search grid car damage on google images and find out what could be achieved in that game 11 years ago. To think we have actually regressed so much in the damage department. I wonder what the reason is. Even in the dirt series there is barely any deformation anymore compared to older dirt 1 or 2. In the latest dirt rally 2 you can’t even lose wheels. 

E14ECF95-5572-4E3F-A511-B4F31837291D.jpeg

7850CE29-FCDD-4229-AB2B-24439B04D130.jpeg

20A8006F-7A93-4040-BB98-294F853FF8DD.jpeg

Once I talked with matthewwhorseman about this and he told me that the reason the damage model is not so great as it used to be is that they have got limitations set by manufacturers so they cannot destroy vehicles as much as they would like to. Unfortunately, as you said, in later games the damage model gets worse. And if you claim that 'DiRT Rally 2.0' has got poor damage model, check out 'DiRT Rally (1)'. Obviously, in DR 2.0 it is not so spectacular. Yet there is some progress comparing to DR 1. But not so great.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Nr1Cobra said:

BMW M8 GTLME discovered ?!?

I am pretty confident that I have spotted the BMW M8 GTLME ! 

With that we have all IMSA GTLME Cars:

- Porsche 911 RSR

- Chevrolet Corvette C7.R

- Ferrari 488 GTLME

- Ford GT GTLME

- BMW M8 GTLME

https://msn.gamereactor.de/video/460563/Grid+GamescomGameplay/

GridBMWM8GTLME.jpg

bmw_m8gte_iwsc_1703_18_700.jpg

Thank you very much dude... Great cockpit view graphics , also in 6:20 it get an track limit penalty and looks that the car does not slow down , means that the penalties are not slow down as in GAS but time addition in the end of race like formula 1 and Dirt rally RX?? Lets see i would prefer it like that!Also in 1:33 you can see that assists have levels like dirt rally and not on/off and that this capture is full 5/5 assist level so it looks arcady.. Game looks a dope i want it now!!😫

Just now, UP100 said:

image.thumb.png.bb4d01c869a44971045add15bf98577a.png

This looks great!

Exactly. Really glad they made good-looking head camera. This is for the first time for 12 years (!).

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

image.thumb.png.bb4d01c869a44971045add15bf98577a.png

This looks great!

Yes cockpit is in Dr 2.0 details level about.. Cm never ever had detailed cockpit camera i am glad to see they fixed this... 

Posted (edited)

I would love to see the track: Potrero de los Funes Circuit on Argentina for Grid !

Furthermore it would be nice to have:

Americas

• Long Beach 
  • Mid-Ohio
  • Belle Isle
  • Watkins Glen  
  • Lime Rock  
  • Laguna Seca 
  • Road Atlanta

Europe 

• Spa
  • Le Mans
  • Hockenheim ( Old Version ! ) 

Asia 

• Macau

Australia 

• Bathurst
  • Surfer's Paradise 
  • Adelaide 

porteno-des-funes-03.jpg

Potrero de los Funes Circuit.JPG

Edited by Nr1Cobra

Posted (edited)

alot of interesting cars, the time trial bit in that video seemed strange tho
ERaCeT0.jpg

Edited by Sir.Smoke

Posted (edited)

One thing I've noticed with a few of these preview videos is whiteout track glare. I consider it dangerous to drive in these circumstances without a decent set of polaroid :classic_cool: sunglasses, will these be available as a dlc or can we equip with :classic_cool: them from the off ? :classic_cool:

Seriously though I hope there is some graphic settings to reduce the saturation glare levels.

glare.JPG

Decent polaroids would have that track as black as the day it was laid.

Edited by Loggy
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Loggy said:

One thing I've noticed with a few of these preview videos is whiteout track glare. I consider it dangerous to drive in these circumstances without a decent set of polaroid :classic_cool: sunglasses, will these be available as a dlc or can we equip with :classic_cool: them from the off ? :classic_cool:

Seriously though I hope there is some graphic settings to reduce the saturation glare levels.

glare.JPG

True same is about in Dr 2.0,  too much sun flares and glare, there is usually graphics options to reduce this in racing games... 

The video, which tells us about tracks and locations. But unfortunately, it seems that only 5 of all 13 locations are new. The rest is taken from previous 'GRID' games so this game will not be challenging for experienced 'GRID' players. I hope that DLCs tracks will be new, not copied.

There are only 4 new tracks:  Sidney Motosport Park, Zhejiang, Havana and Shanghai.

Some new gameplay.

But there is something wrong with graphics. Look at these textures. I hope it is caused by graphics settings set by the guy, who made this video. Otherwise, how could car textures look like this on 'Ultra'?

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Some new gameplay.

But there is something wrong with graphics. Look at these textures. I hope it is caused by graphics settings set by the guy, who made this video. Otherwise, how could car textures look like this on 'Ultra'?

The game still needs some polishing / texturing in its pre release state.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Some new gameplay.

Thanks for video , Yes textures are bad and trees quality as well.. I hope its because of alpha/beta version or low reso textures and not to be like that in final version in high/ultra settings....

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, Codemasters haven't made my wish true (yet? I hope.). I think I will turn the pit chief voice off before I start playing it. It is awful.

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy

At least with this latest batch of gameplay videos we can see that Codemasters have finally got to grips with their 'cockpit' issues,lol.It's funny because I used to be behind the car only but now I need that cockpit for immersion and it looks great in the new Grid....well done Codies!

• Agree 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, Loggy said:

glare.JPG

Those lighting effects are pretty awful, with the worst part being that if this stays the same then console gamers are going to be stuck with that. I knew lighting was going to be an issue (a point which I raised earlier on in this thread and a point which was met with developer silence) but in all honesty I wasn't expecting it to be as extreme as this. With the mention that Codemasters were planning free track content updates (that was a real game changer) and the fact that the game was delayed until October and would no therefore no longer interfere with my gaming plans I was really warming to the idea of another Grid session. But my feelings regarding overdone lighting and the inability to tailor them to personal tastes remain the same and even with my brand new good eyes it's still impossible to come to terms with lighting of that intensity. By golly, Codemasters, if nothing else you certainly know how to push people off the fence 🙂