Jump to content Jump to content

Welcome to the new GRID


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Oscar97 said:

I really hope the career mode contains exactly zero reverse GP circuits. That was terrible in Autosport.

 


What are you on about ? How come was it terrible ? And of course there will be, the more tracks to choose from the better, and the number should near 200 not 100..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

 


What are you on about ? How come was it terrible ? And of course there will be, the more tracks to choose from the better, and the number should near 200 not 100..

As grid's number of tracks are always poor reverse tracks is a MUST i am afraid,  i agree that some reverse circuits are terrible like Spa but in some other it decently works!  Thats why i say that i would prefer more fictional / city tracks where codies can design/make them to work in both normal and reverse route + they can create many layouts + they dont pay money for official tracks license + Grid is not a simulator to represent the real motorsport world .... I think we must push/ask codies to go to this direction adding more fictional /city/open road post-launch tracks + drift and derby! 🤗

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So,I've just been catching up on some Grid media on youtube etc and just wanted to say that the attention to detail is looking real good in this new game.I was watching a comparison of Grid and Forza 7 around Brands Hatch and the Grid footage really made it look like an event was going on with lots of trackside detail....the Forza footage just looked really flat in comparison.

It's stuff like this that really brings a game to life for me so well done devs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

 


What are you on about ? How come was it terrible ? And of course there will be, the more tracks to choose from the better, and the number should near 200 not 100..

As Miatakias pointed out I'm mostly talking about Spa here, having to do it in reverse is just really annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:17 PM, kyussman said:

So,I've just been catching up on some Grid media on youtube etc and just wanted to say that the attention to detail is looking real good in this new game.I was watching a comparison of Grid and Forza 7 around Brands Hatch and the Grid footage really made it look like an event was going on with lots of trackside detail....the Forza footage just looked really flat in comparison.

It's stuff like this that really brings a game to life for me so well done devs.

❤️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...all looking good but still nothing about multiplayer? ...as if it will be a single player only game 😄

I've tried all of the famous at the moment sim racers but I honestly say that GAS multiplayer is the most fun and adrenalinish among all (At least to me, for all sims I used an old G27 wheel), BUT only after you manage to find a lobby and after that start racing before you get kicked for an unknown reason. What I am saying is that there are a lot of things that need to be polished so to say and there is still no word about multi at all. 

I never played single player in GAS. Highest rank reached was 76 in TC in multiplayer only. Quit playing because GAS multi was dead before it actually started, simply because of lack of 1. Text chat & 2. No spectating option while in lobby & 3. The funny cockpit camera (which I didn't actually mind). 

So my main question would be whether you are planning on addressing the above 3 things in the new Grid?

Any news on multiplayer in general would be appreciated a lot!

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me playlist destroys MP cause saperates the community ... Repetitive events same car in same track , 3 standard flashbacks sucks.. I would prefer not to be in new Grid i would love just custom lobbies as in Grid 1.. Even more important is text chat + spectate mode... There is much time ahead until release so sooner or later we will get MP video + demormation/damage system demosrtation..

I found today this video which shows Mazda rx-7 in 0:06 and in 0:24 for an instant... It sounds so wild which i have already loved (actually i love rx-7 in all racing games)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...so just to clarify a couple of things:

Firstly, all planned track DLC is completely free regardless of which version of the game you purchase? There's no "providing somebody on your friends list owns it you can play it online only" (or words to that effect) clause hidden within the micro print of that statement, is there? Oh and I trust there is track DLC planned for Grid?

Secondly, there are definately no restrictions regarding specific cars only being able to drive on specific tracks like as was in the original Grid?

You'll have to forgive my scepticism here but this is game changing stuff and with all due respect Codemasters don't exactly fill me with confidence in a way that they used to do, so it is kinda tough to believe that this previously unseen level of consideration towards it's customers doesn't come without there being a huge catch involved. A leopard doesn't change it's spots and, well, "Codemasters" and "free" (to that scale) in the same sentence is unheard of.

And finally what's the HDR quality like on consoles - and do we have PC-esque sliders to tone down the inevitable overdone lighting effects?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
8 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

...so just to clarify a couple of things:

Firstly, all planned track DLC is completely free regardless of which version of the game you purchase? There's no "providing somebody on your friends list owns it you can play it online only" (or words to that effect) clause hidden within the micro print of that statement, is there? Oh and I trust there is track DLC planned for Grid?

Secondly, there are definately no restrictions regarding specific cars only being able to drive on specific tracks like as was in the original Grid?

You'll have to forgive my scepticism here but this is game changing stuff and with all due respect Codemasters don't exactly fill me with confidence in a way that they used to do, so it is kinda tough to believe that this previously unseen level of consideration towards it's customers doesn't come without there being a huge catch involved. A leopard doesn't change it's spots and, well, "Codemasters" and "free" (to that scale) in the same sentence is unheard of.

And finally what's the HDR quality like on consoles - and do we have PC-esque sliders to tone down the inevitable overdone lighting effects?

 

 

The DLC will not be free. All post-launch tracks will be free and you can rent DLC cars you don't have in multiplayer, so that everyone can play in the same lobbies. You will get a bit less money from the race and you cannot customize that car. By buying the DLC, you will have all the new career challenges, customization of the cars and so on 🙂 

As far as I know, @ChrisGrovesMCM already confirmed that any car can be used on any tracks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

The DLC will not be free. All post-launch tracks will be free and you can rent DLC cars you don't have in multiplayer, so that everyone can play in the same lobbies. You will get a bit less money from the race and you cannot customize that car. By buying the DLC, you will have all the new career challenges, customization of the cars and so on 🙂 

As far as I know, @ChrisGrovesMCM already confirmed that any car can be used on any tracks?

Aha. So that is why ultimate edition will be more expensive than base version. Hmm, actually I had already known that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, gaaillc06 said:

Grid is really shaping up to be a great game! I cannot wait for Grid to be Released! I actually plan to preorder this on allkeyshop.com so I can compare prices

You're promoting a site that links to site which are considered evil by gamers and developers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...