What i want to see in GRID !

Posted (edited)

I opened this topic for everyone to say what exactly want to see in this new GRID game ..

Here the first gameplay video we have :

My suggestions so far:

- Detailed cockpit view (already watched the first gameplay video and the cockpit looks dark and not detailed about as in GAS... (i was hoping that would be detailed like it is in Dirt Rally 2.0)

- Demolition Derby is a MUST for GRID series! (at least as online event in custom lobbies)

- Drift mode at least in online mode only as custom event!

- Custom liveries and upgrades!

- Daytime option and weather for all tracks/locations (already in gameplay video i saw wet track , first time in GRID series!) 🙂

- Nationalities flags over cars in race and in lobby for both offline and online!

- Custom online championships like previous GRID games with point system!

- Good collision and damage system like this of RACE DRIVE GRID!

- Text chat both in lobby and in race like this of RACE DRIVE GRID)

- No flashbacks online

- Force shift up and down when gearbox is automatic

List is continued...

I would like to see your suggestions here.. 🙂

Edited by PocoLoco319
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Spectate on join until lobby ready, plus maybe 2 or 3 spectate slots if server full, server list with player names in game, as the original.

If Demo derby --- NO punctures..

Edited by Loggy
  • Like 1

Oh Oh Oh.. and maybe a vote system for race type in mixed playlist (if still in) so we can vote away endurance if not in the mood.

And I'm sure I'm not alone in not really liking night races unless like the original (which was a bit silly really) sped up day night event but it was always nice to see the sky brighten as the race ended. :)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Loggy said:

Spectate on join until lobby ready, plus maybe 2 or 3 spectate slots if server full, server list with player names in game, as the original.

If Demo derby --- NO punctures..

You are right loggy , spectacor mode when you join is very important

• Agree 1

Text chat in game and in lobby!!!

No text chat - no community, no fun.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Ravenwest, It’s the signature team in the grid games. Nathan McKane and Rick Scott has to return. I would also love to see the other Ravenwest drivers from Grid Autosport like Aaron Westley and Léo Garnier in the mix. Hopefully Ravenwest will make a return

Edited by Eltoroloco199

21 hours ago, PocoLoco319 said:

- Detailed cockpit view (already watched the first gameplay video and the cockpit looks dark and not detailed about as in GAS... (i was hoping that would be detailed like it is in Dirt Rally 2.0)🙂

Actually, the cockpits are fully featured. It's just the lighting that's making the interior dark. Watch closely as they go around the first corner, light shines through the driver's net and you can see fully detailed and functioning gages, which Autosport didn't have, or anything remotely as detailed.

Posted (edited)

- Drifting

- Demo Derby

- Full 2018 car, driver, and track rosters from IMSA, European/Asian Le Mans, and WEC

- Open wheel racing

- A mix of DiRT 4 and Grid 1's career mode where you build your own team, hire sponsors, personnel, and field up to 3 cars in races

- 24 Hours of Le Mans/Endurance racing (full 24 hour length+mid-race saving and driver changes)

- A track list rivaling Project Cars 2's or Gran Turismo 6's

- Sim, DiRT Rally-esque handling

- Full practice and qualifying sessions

- Full cosmetic & mechanical damage

- Flag rules & safety cars

- Dynamic weather & time of day

- Tire choices

- Fully animated pit stops

Edited by slideweight

3 hours ago, slideweight said:

- Drifting

- Demo Derby

- Full 2018 car, driver, and track rosters from IMSA, European/Asian Le Mans, and WEC

- Open wheel racing

- A mix of DiRT 4 and Grid 1's career mode where you build your own team, hire sponsors, personnel, and field up to 3 cars in races

- 24 Hours of Le Mans/Endurance racing (full 24 hour length+mid-race saving and driver changes)

- Tire choices

Prepare to be disappointed with most of this wish list. https://gematsu.com/2019/05/grid-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc?fbclid=IwAR1Pd-kqqwU9d_Q8_vnLIBhHTkrLw_88y-iE-vevD7_Qvm7I0T9Q1Ha3KCc

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, slideweight said:

- Drifting

- Demo Derby

- Open wheel racing

- Tire choices

I think you are in wrong place to set this list , go to Slightly Mad studios forum better lol!:classic_laugh:

I would like to see all these features in GRID but as Aaron Dix says the most are not gonna happen

Edited by PocoLoco319
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, warpengage said:

Actually, the cockpits are fully featured. It's just the lighting that's making the interior dark. Watch closely as they go around the first corner, light shines through the driver's net and you can see fully detailed and functioning gages, which Autosport didn't have, or anything remotely as detailed.

Yeah i paused in 0:20 and you are right you see normally the instruments , ok it is not detailed as in PCARS2 or GT SPORT but at least looks more detailed than GAS which was so ugly.. I usually use bonnet/hood camera or close chase cam but sometimes i like to play in cockpit , so i am happy with this! 🙂

Posted (edited)

Stuff I would like.

1. The ability to extend each race like in GAS. 3 lap races just don't do it. If I could do 15 or so laps for every race I would be happy.
  2. Also please include the optional qualifying and practice that was in GAS - so much more fun.
  3. Please allow separate wheels and pedals. These days many of us have a combination of equipment. For example I have a T500RS wheel with CSP V3 pedals. I won't be buying if you don't do that. I would have to unbolt my CSPs and dig out my old pedals just for one game if so.
  4. Please make drift events optional like they were in GRID1. I played the GRID1 campaign all the way to the end without doing a single drift event. :classic_biggrin:
  5. I know this is a bit 'simmy' but the ability to drag HUD elements around would be great. I dislike having to look at the bottom right corner of the screen the whole time. Even if you had several presets with the RPM indicator in the middle at different heights and what not would be nice.

I'll add more as I think of it.

Good luck with the game.

:classic_biggrin:

Edited by WozzaUK
Oops.

Online lobbies that fit more players. Currently in Autosport the limit is 12 people, I believe it should be 16.

9 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Online lobbies that fit more players. Currently in Autosport the limit is 12 people, I believe it should be 16.

No bad i would like to see this too but i guess it will be 12.. In gameplay video in muscle cars race there are 16 cars but it was like that in Race driver GRID in single , all previous GRID games are up to 12 players online..

Posted (edited)

A nice addition to the game would be the ability to race real life race car drivers as AI opponents. For instance, I would love to actually see Nick Tandy drive the Porsche RSR and Oliver Gavin drive the Corvette C7.R.

You could go a step further with this if IMSA and WEC are fully licensed. All teams in these series use drivers directly employed by manufacturers in their lineups. How about if you get to these championships in game, you also earn the ability to hire an actual sports car racer to drive one of your cars. If you field Ferraris, you'd be able to hire Toni Vilander or Davide Rigon; if you race Porsches, guys like Patrick Long and Gimmi Bruni become hireable,etc.

It seems minor, but it'd be a good way to build on the team management and immersion that make GRID stand out.

Edited by slideweight

On 5/22/2019 at 11:38 PM, Boyan said:

Text chat in game and in lobby!!!

No text chat - no community, no fun.

Let US join the lobby and text "hi all" grid 2008 style!

On 5/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, PocoLoco319 said:

You are right loggy , spectacor mode when you join is very important

Yes. Let us spectate after joining the lobby while waiting for the race to finish. Actually Spectate Mode in a present state (grid2 and gas style) is mostly point less. Who needs it when you can only use it when you start and abort the race. Et us spactate PPL when we are not taki g part in a race becouse we Just entered the lobby. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

You know, Miatakias_GR , you wont get any of that 🙂

Lol my Serbian friend what is wrong on steam,  you are not my friend there ir did you change name?  I can't find you... Add me as friend again!  Yes probably we will not get any of that :classic_unsure:

community requests are transparent to codies, they will never listen to us !!

we asked the for same stuff ooa for grid2 and autosport… we barely had cockpit view back and thats it.

online will be the same pointless boredom ****, blind waiting or bouncing around busy lobbys… with no way to text chat hello or spectate meanwhile… i'll not buy that !

Racing online in Autosport definitely is not pointless boredom, there is battling and fun in every race.

In my opinion, time spent between races is too long and its booooring. Also when you joined the lobby a little bit too late, and the race Just starting youhave mostly between 5 to 10minutes waiting time without any possibilty to spend that time text chatting or spectating. There should be option to chat with the whole lobby and to spectate PPL during that waiting time. At the moment since grid2 and GAS times game does not care about PPL who wait in lobbies which sucks.

Since we are able to communicate only thru steam chat we can only talk to chosen Group of PPL. And VoIP chat is not for everybody. 

Codies bring text chat ingame back! 

Disclaimer. I know they wont do that, as im pretty sure new grid is just an axed version of gas (jugding by the locations count). 

Still There is a little hope i will be mistaken. 

• Agree 2

I just minimize the game and surf the net when there's a waiting period. Spectating and text chat should definitely return. Removing spectating for those who join the lobby after a race has started was a bad choice. Replacing text chat with voice was another one. Both features should be brought back, developers must know this.

• Agree 1