1. are there any issues with this

2. what does the ffb slider do for it, it is set at 100 but cannot find any info what happens when you alter this?

Soft lock automatically changes your steering wheel's rotation range, depending on what car you drive, to match reality. It's slider determines the strength of the resistance encountered when reaching maximum rotation.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pistro said:

Soft lock automatically changes your steering wheel's rotation range, depending on what car you drive, to match reality. It's slider determines the strength of the resistance encountered when reaching maximum rotation.

Yes, this - and also when you reach the ‘lock’ with Soft Lock enabled, and the value is set to 100 - the wheel jerks pretty significantly in the opposite direction. So if you are at full lock and this happens it sucks. I stopped using soft Lock, I just set my wheel to 540 degrees and call it a day. Driving the older high powered cars is just too much work at 720 and 900 degrees. Tried it for a while but then I decided to trade off some realism for enjoyments sake 🙂

on PS4 I am convinced that it does not work as it should with all cars.
Golf, Integral, Abarth, Sierra, Datsun ..... with soft lock, it's over 900 degrees of rotation.
I mentioned the subject several times and nobody answers that.
The best way would be to have a complete list of rotation angles of each car and adjust each time because CM will certainly not correct this problem like many others besides.

6 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

on PS4 I am convinced that it does not work as it should with all cars.
Golf, Integral, Abarth, Sierra, Datsun ..... with soft lock, it's over 900 degrees of rotation.
I mentioned the subject several times and nobody answers that.
The best way would be to have a complete list of rotation angles of each car and adjust each time because CM will certainly not correct this problem like many others besides.

Yep i have used soft lock at 100 since release however couple of nights ago i manaully changed the wheel to 540 and it was like playing a different game. Cars i tried were both fiestas, Fabia, C4 and C3. I dont know what they have in real life but in game with soft lock on its way more than 540 im actually thinking 900 or 1080? 

Manually putting the wheel to 540 has made such a difference for the good. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Yep i have used soft lock at 100 since release however couple of nights ago i manaully changed the wheel to 540 and it was like playing a different game. Cars i tried were both fiestas, Fabia, C4 and C3. I dont know what they have in real life but in game with soft lock on its way more than 540 im actually thinking 900 or 1080? 

Manually putting the wheel to 540 has made such a difference for the good. 

It's probably because in order to activate soft lock you have to first calibrate your steering wheel and then turn it on in your steering wheel settings (it's at the bottom of the menu with all the saturation and deadzone options).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah ive calibrated a few times and its on by default.

I have already calibrated my steering wheel, for me the R5, R2, GT are 540, the M3 720, Group B 900, so it seems ok, but the Golf, Abarth, Datsun, Sierra, and certainly d other, exceed 900 degrees of rotation and that, it would surprise me

On 5/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Pistro said:

It's probably because in order to activate soft lock you have to first calibrate your steering wheel and then turn it on in your steering wheel settings (it's at the bottom of the menu with all the saturation and deadzone options).

On 5/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, FLAW3D said:

Yeah ive calibrated a few times and its on by default.

Thanks this worked for me on PC. Yea it's on by default but calibrating with it set to off did the trick.