Sign in to follow this  

Historic 2 front wheel drive

A bit crazy times? Or am I just terrible. The aiĀ  is thrashing me and I do ok in community challenge in tier 2-3.

I'm only on clubman to a bit suprised. Any One else noticed this?

Edited by Dominic0
  • Agree 1

Yup, it's probably the worst class when it comes to difficulty balancing.

I once won the New Zealand rally in clubman, H2 FWD. I was so proud of myself šŸ˜„

Lost all the other rallys by a far stretch though... at least it was enough not to get demoted.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I managed to win a stage in Argentina. I got some points so atleast I won't be relegated. But that trophy is going to be difficult...

yes H2 FWD AI is bugged.

R2 too? I haven't used that class much.

It's really ridiculous, but this car class is simply unplayable in the career mode. I don't know if the problem is that the code generating AI times is such a mess that it can't be easily fixed (which is worrying), or that Codemasters simply doesn't care (which is worse). And it doesn't even require coding a proper AI as there are no cars represented on the stage, the only thing needed is to generate a list of believable times according to the car class. Sampling times from an appropriate statistical distribution would do a better job than what we have, even.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, blaugranamarti said:

It's really ridiculous, but this car class is simply unplayable in the career mode. I don't know if the problem is that the code generating AI times is such a mess that it can't be easily fixed (which is worrying), or that Codemasters simply doesn't care (which is worse). And it doesn't even require coding a proper AI as there are no cars represented on the stage, the only thing needed is to generate a list of believable times according to the car class. Sampling times from an appropriate statistical distribution would do a better job than what we have, even.

yes, there's clearly a lot more going on there than that just like the FFB.

but the issue is that as far as I can tell there doesn't necessarily need to be!

It's completely screwed. When I moved up to Pro, I switched to this class, and driving balls to the wall rarely saw me get higher than the mid 20s at the end of it. I'm not amazing, but I'm not THAT bad.

I wonder how the AI system works, how are top times calculated etc. Logically thinking it should be a case of programming a line like "make the times 20% slower" or something, but maybe (and probably) there is more to it than that.

By the looks of it to me that AIĀ does the run at certain speeds so you can see for example in this front wheel drive if you watch the AI marker onĀ the left is acceleration and speed are way above what your car can do. He will also not do the corner so fast you can usually catch him through the corners basically the cars acceleration and speed are completely wrongly factored

Edited by Dominic0