The "Mexico DLC" isn't what you think it is.

sooooooo thanks to the Flag Theory, people think that a Mexico rally location might be coming as DLC

and it might. I'd love it and I know most of us here would

but I think it's more likely they were working on remastering landrush tracks from Dirt 4 but the mode didn't make it into the game. (the other D4 landrush locations were all in the US, and there are basically zero important landrush tracks in the rest of the world, so no other flags needed)

discuss. (aka, bring those thumbs down!)

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

please no (landrush).

If it's for that, let that Mexico flag be just that, a flag ūüėĄ¬†I'd like to have Mexico rally but personally i have to give Corsica and Portugal the "priority", for historical reasons.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

yah, no. I'm not proposing there will be landrush DLC

I'm saying there might have been plans to put landrush into the base game at some point, but they are not happening, and that explains why the flag is there, instead of the flag existing to represent a future (brand-new) rally location

Posted (edited)

Ah, possibly just means the asset already existed in Dirt 4 maybe? 

I hope it's just that and not a foreboding of its return!

Edited by RodgerDavies
needing to express an active dislike of landrush
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I kinda liked Landrush in DiRT4. Though anything to get away from the shitty rally physics in that game. ūüėÉ

Edited by chukonu

Can you imagine? There are already people crying about a bit of rallycross content, they'd lose their minds in landrush was reintroduced! 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Gymkhana follows next image.jpeg.f9db75b4e88e7142ffcbcc773c42a0e9.jpeg

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

If we get DirtFish and a bit of box-smashing I'd... actually be kinda ok with that.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

No, god noooo!!!!

Edited by Suteki83
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, afahoy said:

If we get DirtFish and a bit of box-smashing I'd... actually be kinda ok with that.

I'd settle purely for Dirtfish, but I wouldn't actually mind the box smashing as well: it was a good way to improve car control in DiRT 4...

• Agree 1

With Newer situation in CM, i hope we will be lucky, if we get any other DLC after season 2

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

lol. no, guys.

I'm not saying landrush is coming. I'm saying maybe they were thinking of including it, but it got scrapped and the flag is all that's left.

ie no DLC related to Mexico at all.

2 hours ago, dani211212 said:

With Newer situation in CM, i hope we will be lucky, if we get any other DLC after season 2

What's the "newer situation"? 

You should obviously start threads at Reddit and Steam forums with the title 'Landrush is coming in DLC. 

That'll be.... fun. 

:classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

What's the "newer situation"? 

i try to explain, sorry if English wont be that good, i try my best.

The game did sell very poor, so they concetrate of money making next new game,

- new game is Grid, that means less and less time for Dirt Rally 2.0

if you look closely the are half way of support time, just fixing  bugs that even shouldnt be in first place!  

not any new feature for a game till now ,

white and black blank livery is as answer for not becoming livery editor (and there was talk about from Artmstrong about that, pre lunch of DR2)

they try cut expensive where they can..

- Second point

from time Dirt Rally 1.0 till now major of  too important poeple left CM, that is indicator that something is not going how it should.

there are so many article on internet, that said Dirt Rally 1.0 saved CM, they moved to fast to Dirt 4 expected to make bigger profit, they didnt,

so they returned to winning formula, Dirt Rally, the game is good, don't get me wrong, i like it alot, because i am fan of CM.

but the choices they made, the game did sale very poor  (online career mode, rain, ffb, DLC account problem for console) poeple where expected much much more from this sequel. and to be honest they had right to expect. first game was great.

i hope this is wacke up call, now they will re-live Grid series, and i wish they will succsed,

the only good part now, for us, the DIRT fans is,( the game looks every day better and better, so that will rise up sale) 

they have already finished model of cars and track, so it wont hurt them to put some DLC after Season 2, (Greece, Finland, focus and Impreza maybe kit cars..)

Edited by dani211212
  • Sad 1

I don't understand the whole flag theory. Maybe the Mexican flag is just a part of the real circuit so it's faithfully represented in the game. It's a whole new level of jumping to conclusions...

I may end up eating my own words, but I think you are jumping to a lot of negative conclusions there @dani211212.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

I don't understand the whole flag theory. Maybe the Mexican flag is just a part of the real circuit so it's faithfully represented in the game. It's a whole new level of jumping to conclusions...

It was in the Gossip Thread: 10% of the time, DiRTy Gossip is right 100% of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

i think it's probably just a false flag (pun intended).

if you look at the F1 game files there are often assets from previous games left over that aren't used in the more recent games.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

i think it's probably just a false flag (pun intended).

That's what they want you to think. #OverThinkEverything

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani211212 said:

i try to explain, sorry if English wont be that good, i try my best.

The game did sell very poor, so they concetrate of money making next new game,

- new game is Grid, that means less and less time for Dirt Rally 2.0

if you look closely the are half way of support time, just fixing  bugs that even shouldnt be in first place!  

not any new feature for a game till now ,

white and black blank livery is as answer for not becoming livery editor (and there was talk about from Artmstrong about that, pre lunch of DR2)

they try cut expensive where they can..

- Second point

from time Dirt Rally 1.0 till now major of  too important poeple left CM, that is indicator that something is not going how it should.

there are so many article on internet, that said Dirt Rally 1.0 saved CM, they moved to fast to Dirt 4 expected to make bigger profit, they didnt,

so they returned to winning formula, Dirt Rally, the game is good, don't get me wrong, i like it alot, because i am fan of CM.

but the choices they made, the game did sale very poor  (online career mode, rain, ffb, DLC account problem for console) poeple where expected much much more from this sequel. and to be honest they had right to expect. first game was great.

i hope this is wacke up call, now they will re-live Grid series, and i wish they will succsed,

the only good part now, for us, the DIRT fans is,( the game looks every day better and better, so that will rise up sale) 

they have already finished model of cars and track, so it wont hurt them to put some DLC after Season 2, (Greece, Finland, focus and Impreza maybe kit cars..)

This isn't over.

• Like 1