what rally location would you like in future seasons

what rally location would you like in future seasons?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. what rally location would you like in future seasons?

• Ireland (Tarmac)
    • Corsica(France) (tarmac)
    • China (gravel)
    • Japan (gravel)
    • Indonesia (gravel)
    • Safari(Kenya) (gravel)
    • Mexico (gravel)
    • Portugal (gravel)
    • Turkey (gravel)
    • Ypres(Belgium) (tarmac)
    • Islas Canarias (Spain)(tarmac)
    • Croatia (tarmac)
    • Cyprus (tarmac/gravel)
    • Canada (gravel)
    • Sardegna (Italy) (gravel)
    • Scotland (gravel)
    • Azores (Portugal) (gravel)
    • San Remo (Italy) (tarmac)
    • Zlin (Czech Republic) (tarmac)
    • Morocco (tarmac/gravel)

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

😍😍😍

p.s:   is it happened ever that  a driver  crash and got into that cliffs???  😱😱😱

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

😍😍😍

😍 This SS in the ridge of the volcano is so iconic, beatiful and scary, that i really think it deserves to be portraited in a driving game... 😍

Edited by Opassac
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

p.s:   is it happened ever that  a driver  crash and got into that cliffs???  😱😱😱

Not that i'm aware of... There's been some crashes but thankfully, afaik, none fell through the cliffs... It's a big dive 😄 

• Agree 1

With the discount on the sale of DR2.0, we will have many players who will be hypothetical buyers of DLC to have more seasons (3,4, infinite)

let's hope

• Agree 1

On 5/25/2019 at 11:41 AM, teknoid85 said:

If you watch inboards you’ll see that there aren’t actually many places the car is exposed - there are very steep banks beside most of the road fortunately.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

If you watch inboards you’ll see that there aren’t actually many places the car is exposed - there are very steep banks beside most of the road fortunately.

Yes, there are banks in some places, but there's definitely a lot of places where you can fall of... I've driven in that road... Of course not at those speeds 😁 (tourism trip)...

• Like 1

It would be nice if they put in Finland and Greece from DR1, then I would like Rally Donegal (Ireland) on asphalt and Mountainrally Norway on snow.

With 14 rallies in DR2.0 it would be a dream come true. Not likely though. 😐

• Like 1

With the rumors of future seasons stronger than ever, this survey has gained interest.

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2019 at 12:13 PM, Kjell007 said:

It would be nice if they put in Finland and Greece from DR1, then I would like Rally Donegal (Ireland) on asphalt and Mountainrally Norway on snow.

With 14 rallies in DR2.0 it would be a dream come true. Not likely though. 😐

Finland/Greece I would say are allllmost guaranteed.

Jon Armstrong gave a definite "no" to Ireland.

we'll see. there are probably maximum 6 more locations coming. seasons 3 and 4 seem very likely and anything more seems very unlikely.

if Finland and Greece are two, and they put two more RX tracks, that leaves two spots. I hope they aren't planning on doing 2 more RX because that would be a disservice to the player base, but we'll see.

if I had to choose I'd like something different like many people here. Safari or (winter) Norway like Dirt 3 or Croatia, China, Malaysia, or Morocco from Dirt 2. I realise I'm contradicting myself with saying I want different stuff but then listing places from old games but they're just ideas. I'd like places like that. and no tarmac: tarmac is less fun and the physics in the game aren't great on it.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

I would just love more rallystages. Rx is not my thing really. Especially the daily ones on a empty track is the worst of both worlds.

• Agree 3

I missed my annual “you should add Belgium” please whilst I was busy spectating at my favourite rally, so I’m just going to leave this here:

they even have a kebab pizza shop in the same square as the service area; it’s meant to be...

Why do people seem so sure that we're getting more seasons, has something been said that I've missed?

On 7/13/2019 at 4:29 PM, ianism said:

Finland/Greece I would say are allllmost guaranteed.

Jon Armstrong gave a definite "no" to Ireland.

we'll see. there are probably maximum 6 more locations coming. seasons 3 and 4 seem very likely and anything more seems very unlikely.

if Finland and Greece are two, and they put two more RX tracks, that leaves two spots. I hope they aren't planning on doing 2 more RX because that would be a disservice to the player base, but we'll see.

if I had to choose I'd like something different like many people here. Safari or (winter) Norway like Dirt 3 or Croatia, China, Malaysia, or Morocco from Dirt 2. I realise I'm contradicting myself with saying I want different stuff but then listing places from old games but they're just ideas. I'd like places like that. and no tarmac: tarmac is less fun and the physics in the game aren't great on it.

Too bad there won’t be Ireland. I really would love those narrow taramac roads in Donegal. I wouldn’t mind the rough conditions Kenya has to offer, but I would prefer another asphalt rally alongside Spain and Germany. Speaking of taramac, I really don’t understand why some complain about the taramac handling? I think it is quite spot on.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

Too bad there won’t be Ireland. I really would love those narrow taramac roads in Donegal. I wouldn’t mind the rough conditions Kenya has to offer, but I would prefer another asphalt rally alongside Spain and Germany. Speaking of taramac, I really don’t understand why some complain about the taramac handling? I think it is quite spot on.

I wouldn't say it's spot on, but i have to agree with you... Maybe it's not as good as the gravel tracks, but i think it's a big improvement over the first DR, good enough for me to have lots of fun driving Spain with those RWD machines... I also don't understand why tarmac is so much criticezed by everyone... Just my humble opinion...

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

5 minutes ago, Opassac said:

I wouldn't say it's spot on, but i have to agree with you... Maybe it's not as good as the gravel tracks, but i think it's a big improvement over the first DR, good enough for me to have lots of fun driving Spain with those RWD machines... I also don't understand why tarmac is so much criticezed by everyone... Just my humble opinion...

I don't play sim tarmac games, so I'm not really a good judge, but to me it feels very grippy. the cars don't really understeer at all, they just kind of whip around the corners.

Dirt 4 felt better at this.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ianism said:

I don't play sim tarmac games, so I'm not really a good judge, but to me it feels very grippy. the cars don't really understeer at all, they just kind of whip around the corners.

Dirt 4 felt better at this.

Never played D4, so don't have a basis of comparison, and i also don't play that much tarmac games besides the F1 series (i play very seldom GTSports and Project Cars 2)... All i can say is it's fun and looks reasonably plausible, but it's all very subjective (there are those who think it has too much grip and those who think exactly the opposite). All i know is you can easily slide the car in a controlled way if you are aggressive with the steering/throttle, but can also drive it very cleanly (even more with 4wd cars) if you want to... I never though i would have so much fun with the spain/GTR combo like i'm having (of course, that doesn't mean the physics are good, but i'm enjoying it) and like i said, don't understand why so much negative critics.

I also have to say i have zero experience in driving fast cars in open tarmac roads, so when i say it seems plausible, it's just my also subjective feeling...

Edited by Opassac
  • Agree 3

The reason for my «spot on» comment is that I’ve played a lot of racing games, including the Gran Turismo series since 1997, Codemasters’ Toca Race Driver later transformed to the Grid-series, and Slightly Mad Studio’s Shift, Shift 2 , platinuming Project Cars and Project Cars 2. These games do a very good simulation of asphalt circuit racing. But racing on a closed curcuit is something quite different than driving on twisting narrow taramac roads. Using racing cars from the WTCC series, GT3 or GT1 could never work on normal public roads, hence the heavy steering. If you take a look at the rally cars you will notice how small these cars are compared to racing cars. It is Toyota Yaris against BMW M6. The M6 is just not cut for agile road racing compared to lighter and quicker cars like the WRC-cars which need to be «twichy» to get around the corners. If you try one of the GT-cars included in DR2.0 I think you will notice how heavy they feel compared to the other classes like R5 and the lot.

Anyway, this is my opinion of course, but I think Codemasters has done an excellent job in this aspect. 🙂 Actually, I’m a Tier2-player when it comes to taramac in this game, in contrary to the rest of the game where I’m an average Tier3-player.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1