what rally location would you like in future seasons

what rally location would you like in future seasons?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. what rally location would you like in future seasons?

• Ireland (Tarmac)
    • Corsica(France) (tarmac)
    • China (gravel)
    • Japan (gravel)
    • Indonesia (gravel)
    • Safari(Kenya) (gravel)
    • Mexico (gravel)
    • Portugal (gravel)
    • Turkey (gravel)
    • Ypres(Belgium) (tarmac)
    • Islas Canarias (Spain)(tarmac)
    • Croatia (tarmac)
    • Cyprus (tarmac/gravel)
    • Canada (gravel)
    • Sardegna (Italy) (gravel)
    • Scotland (gravel)
    • Azores (Portugal) (gravel)
    • San Remo (Italy) (tarmac)
    • Zlin (Czech Republic) (tarmac)
    • Morocco (tarmac/gravel)

let's imagine that Finland and Greece come in season 3, and that codemasters have not defined what other rally to bring, what rally location would you like?(included for seasons 4,5,infinity...), choose more than one option if you wish.(please, if I missed any rally (I only had 20 options) write it down)

Ypres or Zlin if I could choose any; a true fast, narrow roads tarmac rally, full of junctions and little villages. I don't expect there to be any 'new' locations in the works though, I suspect the 'level designers' will be working on Grid at the moment.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ypres or Zlin if I could choose any; a true fast, narrow roads tarmac rally, full of junctions and little villages. I don't expect there to be any 'new' locations in the works though, I suspect the 'level designers' will be working on Grid at the moment.

I was about to say the exact same thing.

How fantastic would it be to drive on the fast, tricky, narrow roads of Ypres. I might even get a world record then as I know the roads like the back of my hand. And I would be able to declare if the physics are on point or not for some of the cars. I know a few people, you know... 😄 

48 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

How fantastic would it be to drive on the fast, tricky, narrow roads of Ypres. I might even get a world record then as I know the roads like the back of my hand. And I would be able to declare if the physics are on point or not for some of the cars. I know a few people, you know... 😄 

I go to Ypres every year too and usually make a point of driving (or cycling) the stages the day before the rally - perfect tarmac rallying roads in my opinion, helped by the sun, the beer and ambience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

I go to Ypres every year too and usually make a point of driving (or cycling) the stages the day before the rally - perfect tarmac rallying roads in my opinion, helped by the sun, the beer and ambience.

And we thank you for coming! 😄  

I'll be visiting several teams at the service park to look for inspiration for new liveries. 😄

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

If they do release Ypres then I'll be determined to get further than the bend that gave me a trip to hospital on the Monteburg rallysprint a while back!  

• Haha 1

I like different stuff so voted Safari, Indonesia, Morocco, China and Croatia.

doubt it's happening though.

• Agree 1

None of the above, bring back Wales, should never have been dropped.

All of them that are not tarmac! 👍

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Busterbvi said:

Have you seen the timeline for season 2 yet? Wales is there

As for future seasons, I really want Codemasters to go outside of the box regarding Rally locations, sure Rallies like Corsica might be fine but that has appeared in so many rally games already. Also they should try to get surfaces that's not in the game already. Like desert, or muddy Tarmac (Aka Ulster)

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Busterbvi said:

Wales is already confirmed for Season 2.

Posted (edited)

Poor Canada :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Riggs

19 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Poor Canada :classic_biggrin:

eh, well the east is exactly New England, the center is kinda like Germany but flatter and fewer roads, and the west is a bit like Monte Carlo or the coast of NZ, so....

A few months ago Christina mentioned that most of the Dirt staff are now on working on other projects (i think she metnioned f1 2019). So there are still some staff left on Dirt Rally 2, but is it enough to create a whole new rally?  

So far we have just had old rally’s from Dirt Rally 1, i can’t see them creating a whole new rally from scratch. 

would like to be wrong though, unless i’ve missed some recent positive news/rumours?

Considering the gap between February 26th (game's release date) and the end of Season 2 (late August), I suppose there would've been enough time for a paralel team to work on a new rally for Season 3 to pair with Finland and Greece. Either that or in Season 4.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

A few months ago Christina mentioned that most of the Dirt staff are now on working on other projects (i think she metnioned f1 2019). So there are still some staff left on Dirt Rally 2, but is it enough to create a whole new rally?  

So far we have just had old rally’s from Dirt Rally 1, i can’t see them creating a whole new rally from scratch. 

would like to be wrong though, unless i’ve missed some recent positive news/rumours?

Even if not that, no harm in a few people asking. Maybe one will find its way into DR3 one day. After all, I'd say at least Argentina, Australia and New Zealand are definitely replies to the community here asking for them for years.

If I ask for Ypres enough times (there's even a kebab pizza shop in the service park there)...

I agree with you though, with Grid on the horizon too, I imagine a lot of the environment modellers will be on other things for now - I imagine whatever Season 3 or beyond will hold is already modelled, if still needing texture work or lighting etc.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

dream does not cost anything my friend, we are here to inform codemasters what the community wants, is in them to listen or not

I'll be honest; if they were going to model some new stages, for this game or another, I'd rather see more long stages for the 12 (?) countries we already have stages modelled for. After all, I imagine (with the exception of Germany and Argentina which would probably need a whole new suite of assets) creating another 10km for Wales or USA or Finland would be quicker to do than a 13th location.

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)

Indeed, this is what I would like to see, despite wishing for Portugal and Corsica to join the calendar. Another long course (like they've done with the current stages) would be just fine.

That's why I was wondering wether they took the chance to photograph that 2nd stage while they travelled to Argentina and the other locations. Otherwise it's gonna cost a lot more due to flight tickets etc.

There is also the option of using some DiRT 3 stages as a base for work, since many were modeled based on real parts of stages. So it'd be cheaper than having to fly to those locations to make a reconnaissance. I'm not saying "use DiRT3" stages, as those were larger and lack some depth. But it can be used as a reference map to model it in DR2.0 from scratch, but even the environment parts like the mountains in the distance and overall terrain around the track could be imported rather than making everything from scratch. What's really important is the track's depth and quality. Apparently DiRT3 only has 5 rallies: Finland, Kenya, Michigan, Norway and Monte Carlo. So it wouldn't be much of use, perhaps except for Kenya but the stages I've seen seem to be extremely small (sprints are around 2 minutes).

Then it'd be a matter of using the assets already available for said rallies. Would make the whole process faster imo, (aside from Germany and Argentina).

Edited by Riggs

Azores, please. One of, if not THE most beautiful location for a rallye event...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, Opassac said:

Azores, please. One of, if not THE most beautiful location for a rallye event...

😍😍😍

• Like 2
  • Agree 2