DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Date and content next update?

it would be necessary and urgent to communicate the date and content of the next update.
The game is getting better and the content is great, but there is still too much bug everywhere and things not really finished that ruin everything.
Some examples :
- Leaderbords
- Soft Lock
- Rain
- Voice of the Codriver not strong enough in Germany
- The idiotic words of the Codriver at the end of the stage
- The missing pacenotes

CM, talk to us

@jennyannem

We don't have a community manager at the moment.

Don't forget the random events still missing since before Monte Carlo for some people, I'd like to see that patched soon. Also the still persistent audiobug.

Edited by chukonu

I could agree that having more open communication wouldn't hurt - something like real development roadmap presented to community, BUT

The important thing is: bugs are squashed, game is improving, new content is awesome.

What would change if we'd know more details? Essentially, nothing. That would not bring those updates any closer. It'll just create more wining - "why you work on X, when I want you to work on Y, because I think Y is gamebreaking and my opinion is the only thing that matters!"

6 minutes ago, chukonu said:

We don't have a community manager at the moment.

We do.

Community management is not flooding forum with new posts. It's a part of it, but if Cristina is posting something on the forum - that means, she's not spending this time to read the forum and bring our feedback to dev team to prioritize fixes and improvements.

I don't get why this forum is so pessimistic, winy and toxic 😕

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Unfortunately Christina is no longer our CM since yesterday. :classic_sad:

Edited by Riggs
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Oh. Didn't know that!

I thought it was just another toxic comment full of "sarcasm" 🙂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AlekseiL said:

Oh. Didn't know that!

I thought it was just another toxic comment full of "sarcasm" 🙂

This is one of the very few moments I wish that comment was toxic and full of sarcasm.

• Agree 2

I can't wait to read her tell all book, sure to be a best seller in the sim racing community

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlekseiL said:

I could agree that having more open communication wouldn't hurt - something like real development roadmap presented to community, BUT

The important thing is: bugs are squashed, game is improving, new content is awesome.

What would change if we'd know more details? Essentially, nothing. That would not bring those updates any closer. It'll just create more wining - "why you work on X, when I want you to work on Y, because I think Y is gamebreaking and my opinion is the only thing that matters!"

We do.

Community management is not flooding forum with new posts. It's a part of it, but if Cristina is posting something on the forum - that means, she's not spending this time to read the forum and bring our feedback to dev team to prioritize fixes and improvements.

I don't get why this forum is so pessimistic, winy and toxic 😕

it would simply avoid that we post all 20 messages each on the same bug, the forum would appear less toxic

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GregPit81 said:

it would simply avoid that we post all 20 messages each on the same bug, the forum would appear less toxic

Except it wouldn't 🙂

You can take FFB as an example.

2 hours ago, AlekseiL said:

Except it wouldn't 🙂

You can take FFB as an example.

Once they’d committed to “an FFB patch will come next month” that partly died down.

Just as we’re no longer flooded with comments about VR once it was added to the ‘roadmap’.

I honestly think they do help, using projects like Il2 Great Battles (amazing transparency and planning), Assetto Corsa Competizione (early access roadmap but hit and miss comms when those milestones were hit and no future announcements) and Warhammer Total War (no roadmap of any sort, community often overhypes itself and then gets toxic when something good, but not as good as wild expectations, comes about) as examples.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Once they’d committed to “an FFB patch will come next month” that partly died down.

Just as we’re no longer flooded with comments about VR once it was added to the ‘roadmap’.

I honestly think they do help, using projects like Il2 Great Battles (amazing transparency and planning), Assetto Corsa Competizione (early access roadmap but hit and miss comms when those milestones were hit and no future announcements) and Warhammer Total War (no roadmap of any sort, community often overhypes itself and then gets toxic when something good, but not as good as wild expectations, comes about) as examples.

Well, I do agree that it has it's benefits, yes. And would like to see roadmap as well 🙂