F1 2019 - Voice commands on xbox one?

Posted (edited)

Hello Codemasters and F1 players,

I realy hope we will get this feature this year! Its completly unbeleavable that only the xbox one version of previous f1 games are missing this basic feature. On PC I was able to use this feature with xbox one Controller and xbox one headset plug n play. 

If yes, Can you at least explain why this feature is missing?

Edited by Scott1904
Idea

Welcome to Codemasters forums, The people in the know dont talk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Faya already asnwered that, there wont be any voice commands on xbox its not their fault tho  its got to do somethin with microsoft

• Agree 1

Codemasters also said they didn't have time to fix the lolly pop lights in F1 2018 for cockpit drivers, yet F1 2019 has been in development for 2 years, still not fixed,

Truth is well never know the real reason, its just easyier for Codemasters to blame someone else.

• Agree 1

The voice commands is an Xbox issue. They work with kinnect but not a headset

• Agree 1

Hello Microsoft employee, could you say what the issue is ?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

The voice commands is an Xbox issue. They work with kinnect but not a headset

Yes already known, but Why. We need an official answer why this will not be changed. I dont believe that there is no solution for Codemasters.

Edited by Scott1904
Errors

4 hours ago, Scott1904 said:

Yes already known, but Why. We need an official answer why this will not be changed. I dont believe that there is no solution for Codemasters.

Cortana does not currently work with games. The voice command software that does work with games is within the kinect software so if you don't have a kinect then you cannot use voice control in games on Xbox.

9 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Cortana does not currently work with games. The voice command software that does work with games is within the kinect software so if you don't have a kinect then you cannot use voice control in games on Xbox.

Translation, Codemasters cant be bothered to add support.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, AScott said:

Translation, Codemasters cant be bothered to add support.

no if you read his comment he says that the voice command can only work if you have a kinect and basically if you have a kinect then it works if not then it doesn't its as simple as that. its not that codemasters can't be bothered to add support its already there if you have a connect and that's all they can do.

5 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

no if you read his comment he says that the voice command can only work if you have a kinect and basically if you have a kinect then it works if not then it doesn't its as simple as that. its not that codemasters can't be bothered to add support its already there if you have a connect and that's all they can do.

Yea thankyou I did read his comment, I just dont bielve everything I read on a internet forum from people who dont know, its as simple as that,

Do you work for codemasters or Microsoft ? so how do you know for a fact theirs nothing codemasters can do ? you cant.

Thank you.  that's also my opinion.  I refuse to believe it's that hard.  pc and ps4 have no synonymous spokes wizard like cortana and just use the input signal of the micros.  Any xbox game can actually do that even if it offers ingame voice chat, as well as f1.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Scott1904 said:

Thank you.  that's also my opinion.  I refuse to believe it's that hard.  pc and ps4 have no synonymous spokes wizard like cortana and just use the input signal of the micros.  Any xbox game can actually do that even if it offers ingame voice chat, as well as f1.

Your welcome but not need to thank me am in the same boat, ive asked numerous times about this feature, and its the same everytime, no official answer from codemasters just opinions from people who dont know the answer,

Thiers no doubt in my mind whatever the issue is, codemasters could sort it out with Microsoft if they wanted to, but that takes time and effort, and like numerous issues with F1 2018 that should be fixed,

codemasters only listen to the majority to prioritise what they fix and what they ignore.

33 minutes ago, Scott1904 said:

No, they can't. XBox voice command works differently from Sony: Cortana or Kinect is required for voice commands to your XBox, and Microsoft hasn't opened it up to devs as I understand it, only Kinect. Which is pretty much dead of course.

If you want to test it: try turning on/off your Xbox with voice control through your headset while NOT using Cortana/Kinect. Then you'll know for sure who's at fault.

• Like 1

Games can use headset mics for chat, so why not take that and use it for in-game commands? I doubt Microsoft told them they need to have a special type of input from the Kinect to do commands.

But I'm not a dev, so I don't know what dumb decisions Microsoft makes.

• Agree 1