Sign in to follow this  

Petition to fix 2019 HUD its too low on screen

Posted (edited)

@Faya @issueskid

The hud in 2019, specifically the race positions and timing/laps sit much lower compered to 2018's game. 

Combined with the darker hud this year it makes it far more intrusive on the screen.

Can the hud be raised to match 2018 portion or have an option to move these parts of the hud because it sits far too low and is too distracting as it's more in the eye line, it also makes the game feel to arcady and more like a mobile game. 

5b8097fa3e79040a58b8ad62_Stream settings Screenshot 2018-08-25 00-31-21 3.png

Edited by Jajb
  • Agree 2

I believe the issue from what I've seen in the released videos, is due to the new graphics. The top left has the flags graphics which are much larger due to the new graphics.

In cockpit cam though, from Ben's (Tiametmarduk) video though (the Hamilton wet race) when he goes to cockpit cam at 1 point, the positions and lap timer graphics sit nicely on the halo which is good.

I do agree this needs to be changed however. Perhaps put the flags below the positions or across the top of the screen maybe - the official HUD however would resolve this I feel 😉😂

As far as I can say, you don't need to worry about that.

• Agree 1

Just seen more new footage and the top parts of the hud still sit low like the do on the right pic. Really need to move the positions/lap time parts at the top of the screen higher back to where they were in 2018 on left. It's so distracting 

Posted (edited)

In fact the hud sits so low when the MFD is open you almost can't see the right of the screen.

Just look at how intrusive the hud is now with where its all placed, its ridiculous, its more arcade hud than racing game now 

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 12.42.34.png

Edited by Jajb
  • Disagree 1

Majority petitioned for it, ENJOY 😂

• Agree 2

I would love the HUD to be in the centre of the wheel when driving in cockpit view. 

Just watched the latest videos the position and timing hud is still lower, it needs to be raised a little, its too much in the eye line while driving. Even a feature to have 'hud standard or hud raised' would do. Its too distracting as it is 

This example in the screenshot must be the reason why it's so low this year.. and for the top right the space is reserved for the clock/timer in practice and qualy.

Screenshot_20190611-130623_YouTube.jpg

8 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

This example in the screenshot must be the reason why it's so low this year.. and for the top right the space is reserved for the clock/timer in practice and qualy.

Screenshot_20190611-130623_YouTube.jpg

That's why we want the official graphics

image7024.thumb.png.023bfdd9761348f38785cf06c56c7675.png

image7025.thumb.png.5bee6f846ff8de2be74e5c13080bca76.png

image7026.thumb.png.59636c77d5ad52d3de83b1289dccd722.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

Far too much stuff all over the screen, far too distracting and if you turn it off you get no information. Looks like an arcade game

They should have had an option for "Mini Hud' or something 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Isn't it possible to adjust the HUD in the menus? If not, I am all over this petition. I also hate the new blue colour of the ERS bar, on YouTube in tracks like France everything looks mhch too colourful and cartoony. ERS bar looks tacky. Lastly, the pictures @FIE posted are amazing and would completely upgrade the game. Why should we not have officiall TV HUD, it adds to realism. A lot.

Edited by PureDriving
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

So it's been confirmed the HUD is customisable on PC, you should be able to adjust the positioning. I really hope they can bring this to consoles as well.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

So it's been confirmed the HUD is customisable on PC, you should be able to adjust the positioning. I really hope they can bring this to consoles as well.

Since they specifically mentioned PC, I think it's safe to say you can't adjust it on console. I don't use the HUD anyway, but it would be nice to have the option for people who do. It does look rather intrusive now.

1 hour ago, PureDriving said:

Isn't it possible to adjust the HUD in the menus? If not, I am all over this petition. I also hate the new blue colour of the ERS bar, on YouTube in tracks like France everything looks mhch too colourful and cartoony. ERS bar looks tacky. Lastly, the pictures @FIE posted are amazing and would completely upgrade the game. Why should we not have officiall TV HUD, it adds to realism. A lot.

From a recent stream from Codies on YouTube, it appears they have fixed the ERS bar. No longer blue.

56 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

This really needs to be on console, I’d like to know the reason as to why it isn’t currently. The HUD from what we have seen so far isn’t ideally placed imo.

If this is true, their is a God! Customizable HUD would be insane also. For me, if they fixed the shiny tyres situation and the blue ERS bar then I am sold. Not like i haven't already pre ordered though Haha.

Customisable hud for PC only. Im on console so this sucks, hope they can implement this feature in the console version

On 6/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, FIE said:

I wish the game looked this, I have never understood why it doesn't as it is the official F1 game, 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, FIE said:

You want to give me and many other players instructions? It's YOUR opinion that YOU want this Forza poop on wilst racing and YOU do not want to have any realism stuff. I'm fine with it, but please stop to talk for many players, they want the official broadcast style or customisation! It's NOT A ISSUE, please stop with nonsense comments.  

It is an issue though, just because you dont want it does not stop it being an issue for the rest of us. I guarantee you, lmost would love the option to customize the HUD with a TV layout.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, AScott said:

You want to give me and many other players instructions? It's YOUR opinion that YOU want this Forza poop on wilst racing and YOU do not want to have any realism stuff. I'm fine with it, but please stop to talk for many players, they want the official broadcast style or customisation! It's NOT A ISSUE, please stop with nonsense comments.  

Issue? These concepts are ideas to get a new layout with the official broadcast style and not the same HUD as every year with the same boring system. 

These are comments are off topic, my petition is to be able to move the hud not to implement a new hud. It is to move the 2019 hud as 2019 sits too low