Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Leaked (Confirmed)

I'd suspect it may just be the PC version ported over to the consoles; why wouldn't they go this route? PC version already does 60fps+!

But yes, I'd hope they dial out the bugs...

Codemastes have confirmed F1 2015 was leaked, read more here: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2014/news/first_screenshots_of_f1_2015_leak.html

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2014/news/first_screenshots_of_f1_2015_leak.html

Copy and paste this link into Google and you have the whole page of screenshots and a full article can't wait !
The HUD is awful but look at the Monaco shots with the baggy gloves and the real Merc 2014 wheel the crane and the ambulance too I can't wait this franchise is finally taking a step towards realism. This game could even turn out to be a sim who knows :D The article also hints towards voiceover and broadcast, this could mean commentary :D and it could turn out to be amazing considering things can happen so suddenly in racing I mean the commentator could be talking about Vettel setting fastest lap and then Hamilton smashes into a barrier and he is shouting ! Can't wait :D

Interesting that the 2014 season will come with the game as well, a first to have 2 seasons in one Codemasters game, and it allows people on Xbox One/PS4 to play last years races too.

One day, assuming they go on with it, Codemasters should really release an F1 engine, then have the seasons as DLC = cheaper to buy each year so might entice more people to get each season, plus you could have a career mode moving through the seasons. Then add in classic content...

But I'm sure the licensing is more complex than that, which is why we shouldn't be allowed to see any screenshots until they're approved by "Formula One Management and the teams"... that's where things take time, I expect!

I was hoping to see the multiple seasons this year already. A new engine, next-gen, all the extra development time they didn't put in F1 2014. I really did expect that this years game wouldn't be called F1 2015 but something like EA did with Career challenge and put the seasons in for which they've had the licenses (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Something that would justify the 'cooking up a storm' statement :)

Does anybody else have that 'meh' feeling about this game?
Difficult to tell after a few low quality screenshots that don't reveal much, but even knowing they are low quality and don't show much they didn't get me very excited to see more. Look like old gen graphics updated a bit as opposed to a clean start

The pics have got me very exited yet they are quite low quality like you guys were saying and it finally looks kind of real with the real life t cam positions which obviously makes the car look bigger. Which makes it like real life when the car isn't tiny like in previous games I mean even the steering wheel is waayyyy bigger

Most people have already paid and played f1 2014 why should they pay for it again.  Graphics look better.  If this as oculus rift support from the start I will pay whatever price.  Otherwise forget it.

I was hoping to see the multiple seasons this year already. A new engine, next-gen, all the extra development time they didn't put in F1 2014. I really did expect that this years game wouldn't be called F1 2015 but something like EA did with Career challenge and put the seasons in for which they've had the licenses (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Something that would justify the 'cooking up a storm' statement :)
hopefully as the monaco pic is a 2014 merc if im not mistaken?? or hopefully they have just put a remastered 2014 merc as they are still finishing the 2015 ones.

I've hoped for something like this for so long with some classic cars. Every season you mentioned and some extra tracks as DLC that's one way of making more money from the series I can't see why they don't get more development people in to do something like this spilt the different devs into sections for patches, DLC, the next F1 title etc

So it will be released in May (or even before). Cool. Those low-quality scans didn't blow my mind so I'll wait and see. Hopefully they'll have classic DLC after the release. 

Sector4 said:
So it will be released in May (or even before). Cool. Those low-quality scans didn't blow my mind so I'll wait and see. Hopefully they'll have classic DLC after the release. 
They're talking about 3 months of development time. That means it will be handed over to the publisher around May. Before we see it in stores then, we are talking about July perhaps...

Sector4 said:
They're talking about 3 months of development time. That means it will be handed over to the publisher around May. Before we see it in stores then, we are talking about July perhaps...
Games are in stores about 1 or 2 weeks after they went gold. Therefore 31st of May could be a realistic launch date since Dirt/Grid had the same launch date in the past.

Tourgott said:
Sector4 said:
Games are in stores about 1 or 2 weeks after they went gold. Therefore 31st of May could be a realistic launch date since Dirt/Grid had the same launch date in the past.
In the email/newsletter it actually says 'to help us push through to release over the next 3 months'. So that would mean only 1 - 2 months of development left allowing time gor it to be distributed etc 

that would mean we could be seeing it in stores sometime in may i would guess

Yes, exactly. Promoting the game will start this month and it will be released in May. It will be completed and handed over to the publisher just before the launch. 

F1 2013 announced July 16th, released October 4th.
F1 2014 announced July 31st, released October 17th. 
Grid Autosport announced April 22nd, released June 27th. 

So it should be 2-3 months from announcement to release. F1 2010, 2011 and 2012 were announced in March (half a year before release), but they probably noticed that they couldn't maintain the hype with such a long wait. 

I meant that they couldn't maintain the hype when they announced in March and released in September. Of course, knowing Codemasters, they probably wouldn't be able to maintain the hype for the first next-gen F1 game even if they announced it day before release. 

Obviously I'm not going to comment on any specific speculation here. I won't say so don't ask. But I would like to explain a bit about the general development process when it comes to 'moving focus' between projects.

Let's try an F1 analogy. Seems appropriate. Imagine Mercedes and Red Bull are neck and neck in the constructors championship. It's 3 races from the end, and someone from Mercedes says "We've started work on next year's car." Now, does that mean they've given up on the championship? Not at all, they're still giving absolutely everything they can to win. But they also need to prepare for the future, and they have some people in a position who are able to do that.

Games are much the same. As a designer, when you get towards the later stages of a project you end up in a position where all your systems are designed and you're just fine tuning stuff and fixing bugs. Thing is, there's only so much of that that you can do in a day; after a while you find that you can't do anything else until another fix comes in from someone else, or until you get a new build to see the effects of your changes. And so on and so forth - there's a bunch of stuff that can affect your workflow.

At that point, you end up having the time to look at something else. This is what 'moving some focus' means. It's not that huge numbers of people are being taken off project A and being put onto project B, it's not that project A is being abandoned or rushed or forgotten about. It just means that certain people on project A have some inevitable time between tasks, and they've now started to look at project B in that time in order to get the most out of it.

Britpoint said:
Obviously I'm not going to comment on any specific speculation here. I won't say so don't ask. But I would like to explain a bit about the general development process when it comes to 'moving focus' between projects.

Let's try an F1 analogy. Seems appropriate. Imagine Mercedes and Red Bull are neck and neck in the constructors championship. It's 3 races from the end, and someone from Mercedes says "We've started work on next year's car." Now, does that mean they've given up on the championship? Not at all, they're still giving absolutely everything they can to win. But they also need to prepare for the future, and they have some people in a position who are able to do that.

Games are much the same. As a designer, when you get towards the later stages of a project you end up in a position where all your systems are designed and you're just fine tuning stuff and fixing bugs. Thing is, there's only so much of that that you can do in a day; after a while you find that you can't do anything else until another fix comes in from someone else, or until you get a new build to see the effects of your changes. And so on and so forth - there's a bunch of stuff that can affect your workflow.

At that point, you end up having the time to look at something else. This is what 'moving some focus' means. It's not that huge numbers of people are being taken off project A and being put onto project B, it's not that project A is being abandoned or rushed or forgotten about. It just means that certain people on project A have some inevitable time between tasks, and they've now started to look at project B in that time in order to get the most out of it.
Hopefully this will make people realise that shifting some of the concentration on to F1 2016 could mean as little as one person deciding what to call it

Britpoint said:

That's fair enough, but honestly I think most of the forum posters get this. They just have the feeling that we are watching (to use an F1 analogy) Ferrari struggling year after year, telling everbody next year will be the great improvement and every year the fans are disappointed. Let's hope both Vettel and F1 2015 can break this streak...

If the game doesn't come until June and still doesn't ship with 2015 cars I'll be pretty disappointed. I could understand if it was coming March or April but June gives them a lot of time to get them ready. Especially when they can spend the month after going gold working on them and patch them in day 1.