Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Leaked (Confirmed)

Recommended Posts

nobbymilo said:
the monaco picture says at the top
"were moving some of our focus onto the 2016 title, whilst still  working on fine tuning features in 2015"

So is this going to be a half-a***d effort as well then

This time next year
"were moving some of our focus onto the 2017 title, whilst still  working on fine tuning features in 2016"
I don't understand how they have the resources to do two games at once with the 7 staff they have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The game has not been announced as "F1 2015" so why is there an outburst about 2014 cars being in the game? Two things: 1. I seem to recall F1 2010 used 2009 cars in the first screenshots yet I saw no sign of them in the finished game. 2. It's no stretch of the imagination that they may even have both the 2014 and 2015 seasons in one game which could explain why they haven't announced a name yet.
The graphics obviously look better. They look like they've improved just as much as Forza 5 did over Forza 4 so there's no issue here.

We cannot make a judgement either way just by a few screenshots. Some actual information about the game is required before the mad hand flailing and overreactions we see every year starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safe to assume indeed. Though it wouldn't be surprising if it wasn't called F1 2015 as it appears it will have both 2014 and 2015 in one game. Was more targeting those that seem... agitated by the presence of the 2014 cars in the 2015 game however.
Still, more information is needed before we can really start predicting whether it will be a good game or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Wynterdust said:
Safe to assume indeed. Though it wouldn't be surprising if it wasn't called F1 2015 as it appears it will have both 2014 and 2015 in one game. Was more targeting those that seem... agitated by the presence of the 2014 cars in the 2015 game however.
Still, more information is needed before we can really start predicting whether it will be a good game or not.

Its like F1 2013. It had classic cars, but it wasn't called F1 80's, 90's and 2013, because the main focus is on the 2013 season. So people complaining about the title being called "F1 2015" is as dum as f**k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
People think
Britpoint said:
Games are much the same. As a designer, when you get towards the later stages of a project you end up in a position where all your systems are designed and you're just fine tuning stuff and fixing bugs.

CM fixing bugs? You would hope so. but i am not holding my breath, every game so far had major bugs on release, or missing content. The series has gone down hill and F12014 was a kick in the teeth.

@Hatta we going to get a demo? Atleast answer some question in this thread you are apparently "community manager"

The amount of hype around F12015 is enough to make me go play a train simultor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"community manager"   aka  he gets people who work in the building cups of coffee.

The new game will be another half arsed effort, oh wow they improved the lighting and want to achieve 60fps like it's some major selling point, who cares?

The fanboys will all rush out and buy this F1 2014 V2.0  and then happily pay extra for DLC.

i think i'll pass on this game but look forward to hearing all the rage topics after it's released about the bugs and there being "nothing new" in the game apart from a few graphical enhancements because of "muh next gen grafix m8"



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F1 2010. Massive hype since the announcement that Codemasters had bought the license. Finally a new F1 game and it's made by the company that made TOCA (which was an awesome series). I haven't been that hyped for any game ever and that includes GTA V. On release day I was pacing around the house, waiting for the mail and when the game didn't come with the first mail batch, I sent an angry email to the online store where I bought it. But an hour later the game dropped in my mailbox and I rushed to play it. 

F1 2011. Safety car, yay...

F1 2012. Bought because I enjoyed the season and I got to play as Schumacher.

F1 2013. Wasn't going to buy it, but it was like 20 euros on PSN and I was drunk. 

F1 2014. Won't buy.

F1 2015. If the first photos and videos don't blow my mind, I'll sell my PS4. 

EDIT: Won't be announced this month. Top kek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pictures look promising as far as visual quality goes.... again by past experience with Codies visuals have always been amazing, its the mechanics of the game that need fixing......... still we need to know the most important things that if have been addressed by the Codies team will make the game amazing in my opinion this year..... 

for example right of the top of my head I can think these as my personal priorities that will ultimately dictate if i buy the game this year :

a-1 Bugs fixed.
b-2 Have the "Safety Car" come out more often as it does in real life.
c-3 Fixed replay system with actual real life cam angles this time.
d-4 Full formation lap and practice sessions.
e-5 Online lag problem that continues.
f-6 A better damage system.
g-7 Better single player atmosphere and AI Single Player feels like you are playing in some kind of apocalyptic world with animations. Too dead...  No interviews.... no spaying champagne nothing.... flat.

:A lot of us still do not own a Xbox One or a PS4... these consoles are costly apart from buying the F1 titles. Plus a decent wheel set for us hardcore online racers.... playing with the remotes just does not do the trick. F1 2014 on a remote is a horrible nightmare even with all assists off.. So it all piles up to a lot of cash.... I wont be paying attention to online reviews by big companies and magazines anymore and I urge other community members with seniority to do the same..... and will be listening to other community members who buy the game day one or new coming members. If they say its worth it then i will buy it..... no other way. I am sure you at Codematers understand why we are all taking a very cautious stance this year.... we have been disappointment for far too long now.  I understand a lot of staff changes have been done in the company... i hope these changes also reflect on the game.

PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS ONE RIGHT! 

Eddy

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You actually have a good point. I dont own a Xbox One yet either. So no chance of preordering this year. 

CM need to realize all the fanboys have turned into pessimist's and are not going to be rushing to get the game day one no more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sure they understand what they have to do to win back the people who have stopped buying their F1 games. Sure, I'm hyped, but if they don't absolutely blow me away with their announcement and the previews/reviews aren't glowing, I won't buy the game. If they want to stop the downward spiral of their sales, they need to nail this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advise here would be not to pre order the game, and that's not a bashing towards CM.  I brought F1 2014 and while it was not worth the money it was only made a good game by the PC community which improved the game 10 fold.

For me having better graphics etc is nice but what is more important is the basics of the games and the continued bugs with it all this needs to be fixed first.

Still unable to do manual starts, parade lap dynamic pit strategy useless engineer etc all need to be looked at as well as there is no point doing the career mode when you have to develop the car when the ai have 100% developed cars, wheres the fun in that...

Hopefully there will be less gimics this time but only time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmpaw37 said:
Sector4 said:
I'm not sure they understand what they have to do to win back the people who have stopped buying their F1 games. Sure, I'm hyped, but if they don't absolutely blow me away with their announcement and the previews/reviews aren't glowing, I won't buy the game. If they want to stop the downward spiral of their sales, they need to nail this game. 


Absolutely right. However, I have some theories which could explain why the sales figures have been in decline, and although some may disagree what I am about to say, it makes sense IMO.

Firstly, look at the sport in general...

I have been a fan of the sport since I was around 7-8yrs old and am now 40. Now in this time, I have been to many GP's and had memorabilia spanning across those years, but unfortunately, something has happened which has made my enthusiasm dwindle, to the point of me hardly owning anything F1 related...apart from the games from CM(and the odd PC sim).

I think it all started after the great Ayrton Senna died, and to be quite honest, I wasn't much of a fan of his at that time...mainly due to the upcoming British drivers, his battles with Mansell and at times, harsh racing with Prost. However, I will also say I was between the ages of 16-18 and had other priorities in my life, so F1 was placed aside so to speak. But that was when things changed for the worse...

Now, In light of what has occurred since then, my next sentence isn't going to please many people, but hear me out...

As you know, 1994 saw Michael Schumacher begin to shine and initially, I was excited to see what this young German could do. The novelty however soon wore off and to be honest, I was fed up to the back teeth of hearing 'Schumacher this...Schumacher that!'...and to add, it wasn't just for a short time, we had it until his first Official retirement, and it was these years that started it off for me personally. We all can remember the reaction of the crowd in the 2005 USGP in Indianapolis, and deep down inside we all knew why the crowd acted this way...No, it wasn't just for the tyre issue alone...it was because of Schumacher!.

I am far from a Schumacher 'hater', I acknowledge his skill and achievements but, look what we've had in recent years from 2009-2013...the dominance of Vettel and the people's reactions to his winning ways...you just can't ignore the boo's!.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am all for someone winning and showing us what a great driver they are but, I can safely assume that there are many thousands of others who feel the same way as I do, and to this end is why the sport has been tarnished for good.

What you have to understand is, people such as I and the elders who have been blessed with being able to live through the 'glory' years have noticed a huge change, and when I or someone I know watch a race, the excitement just isn't there anymore. Take for instance my eldest brother...He was the one who created my initial interest in the sport, taking me to the British GP every year until I was old enough to attend myself when he couldn't, even his interest is all but a fond memory, and doesn't watch many races at all these days!.

Another point is, the younger generation today just aren't really interested in such things - For instance..., I was at my nephew's school not too long ago and was in a classroom waiting for his exam results. Thing is, his other classmates were present and we somehow brought up the subject of Lewis Hamilton and his world championship. Now the shocking thing is, about 2 thirds of those students there didn't even know about it, and even some of them didn't even know who he was!...and therein lies my point...

The hardcore fans that once was have either given up on the sport or have moved on to other things - the younger generation have little to no interest in it either, so my question is what is the future going to look like for F1...Not good IMO!.

Formula One will eventually be like how Formula-E is now - You ask anyone in the street or family members what Formula-E is and I guarantee they won't have a clue!.

So, to end, this sums up my theory about F1 and CM sales reductions. I honestly don't think the games are that bad at all, it's just because the majority of the people just are giving up interest in it, such as myself.

After all these years, I am saddened it has come to this stage in the life of Formula One, but at least I have all those memories - memories I've had the pleasure of living through - the heartache, the excitement, disaster and triumph, what a ride it's been...but unfortunately our time together has come to an end!.

You may be right about decline of the sport. Not something that we can reasonably expect CM to do anything about.

As regards the game sales, simple for me. Sales base is made up of a large casual user base plus a much smaller hardcore.

Casual users are happy with one good F1 racing game in their collection and they need no more. If they are to buy more they need something ++big being put into the product every iteration to continue buying it. They look back at say F1 2012 and say, well I played 2012 this much, what is in 2013 to make me want to buy it ?

This is a problem I think for CM. I don't know what the deal is on the licence. But maybe it prevents them adding in lots of extra stuff each year. Or maybe the cost of the licence is so much they can't afford to. The classics in F1 were a good addition in F12013 and made me buy because I wanted to drive those cars. But what can CM put in 2016 that is going to want to make me continue buying the product after 2015 is released ?

2015 is likely to be a big seller IMO. But sales will tail off as before on 2016 and 2017 unless stuff can be added that appeals to the casual user base. You may ask how making the casual user base happy helps people on here. Well, only if it is a big seller to the casuals will the cash be available to develop features for the smaller hardcore.

To blow my theory out of the water, why is FIFA so successful ? I don't play the game myself, but it seems like every year it sells a ton. What is it that they are putting in each year that makes people want to re-buy ?

As reagrds release date, CM release strategy is pretty formulaic. If you know what/when the release date is you can predict backwards and figure out when information on when the game will be released will be available. No real point pressing the CM guys on this one. They have their release plan and as soon as they are ready to release info they will, and everyone here will get it. People complain about a lack of info on here, but CM have been clear, when there is info ready to release they will do so. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rayg1979 said:

My advise here would be not to pre order the game, and that's not a bashing towards CM.  I brought F1 2014 and while it was not worth the money it was only made a good game by the PC community which improved the game 10 fold.

For me having better graphics etc is nice but what is more important is the basics of the games and the continued bugs with it all this needs to be fixed first.

Still unable to do manual starts, parade lap dynamic pit strategy useless engineer etc all need to be looked at as well as there is no point doing the career mode when you have to develop the car when the ai have 100% developed cars, wheres the fun in that...

Hopefully there will be less gimics this time but only time will tell

The only way I would pre-order is if I am getting a significant bonus for giving someone my money up front, because all the risk is with me. If someone is so desperate to have the game rather than wait a couple of days to see what the world thinks/reviews etc then thats what they are trading on, getting the game 2 or 3 days early against the risk that it might turn out to be something they don't like. Not a good gamble if you ask me. I have zero sympathy for people who pre-order and then don't like the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't pre-order games. Just don't. There will be PLENTY of copies available, doesn't matter if it's the newest GTA or something more niche like F1. 

And I agree about the decline of the sport. I would still buy every game on launch if Schumacher was around, though, because I'm a big fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I understand. But sometimes it would be great to get some sort of time frame for important things like announcements. First we were told that we would get news after the release of F1 2014, then it was "this year" (2014), then "nope, not before the end of the year" and after that "nope, not this month or the next or the month after that..."

"We will announce the game before XXX (e.g May)". I would be content with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

well according to Paul Jeal codemasters will be announcing f1 2015 next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

well according to Paul Jeal codemasters will be announcing f1 2015 next week

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum gets more confusing. Hatta says one thing Paul jeal say something else. 
You need to organize yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

well according to Paul Jeal codemasters will be announcing f1 2015 next week



What source? can't find what you are saying in twitter....


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmpaw37 said:
Sector4 said:
I'm not sure they understand what they have to do to win back the people who have stopped buying their F1 games. Sure, I'm hyped, but if they don't absolutely blow me away with their announcement and the previews/reviews aren't glowing, I won't buy the game. If they want to stop the downward spiral of their sales, they need to nail this game. 


Absolutely right. However, I have some theories which could explain why the sales figures have been in decline, and although some may disagree what I am about to say, it makes sense IMO.

Firstly, look at the sport in general...

I have been a fan of the sport since I was around 7-8yrs old and am now 40. Now in this time, I have been to many GP's and had memorabilia spanning across those years, but unfortunately, something has happened which has made my enthusiasm dwindle, to the point of me hardly owning anything F1 related...apart from the games from CM(and the odd PC sim).

I think it all started after the great Ayrton Senna died, and to be quite honest, I wasn't much of a fan of his at that time...mainly due to the upcoming British drivers, his battles with Mansell and at times, harsh racing with Prost. However, I will also say I was between the ages of 16-18 and had other priorities in my life, so F1 was placed aside so to speak. But that was when things changed for the worse...

Now, In light of what has occurred since then, my next sentence isn't going to please many people, but hear me out...

As you know, 1994 saw Michael Schumacher begin to shine and initially, I was excited to see what this young German could do. The novelty however soon wore off and to be honest, I was fed up to the back teeth of hearing 'Schumacher this...Schumacher that!'...and to add, it wasn't just for a short time, we had it until his first Official retirement, and it was these years that started it off for me personally. We all can remember the reaction of the crowd in the 2005 USGP in Indianapolis, and deep down inside we all knew why the crowd acted this way...No, it wasn't just for the tyre issue alone...it was because of Schumacher!.

I am far from a Schumacher 'hater', I acknowledge his skill and achievements but, look what we've had in recent years from 2009-2013...the dominance of Vettel and the people's reactions to his winning ways...you just can't ignore the boo's!.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am all for someone winning and showing us what a great driver they are but, I can safely assume that there are many thousands of others who feel the same way as I do, and to this end is why the sport has been tarnished for good.

What you have to understand is, people such as I and the elders who have been blessed with being able to live through the 'glory' years have noticed a huge change, and when I or someone I know watch a race, the excitement just isn't there anymore. Take for instance my eldest brother...He was the one who created my initial interest in the sport, taking me to the British GP every year until I was old enough to attend myself when he couldn't, even his interest is all but a fond memory, and doesn't watch many races at all these days!.

Another point is, the younger generation today just aren't really interested in such things - For instance..., I was at my nephew's school not too long ago and was in a classroom waiting for his exam results. Thing is, his other classmates were present and we somehow brought up the subject of Lewis Hamilton and his world championship. Now the shocking thing is, about 2 thirds of those students there didn't even know about it, and even some of them didn't even know who he was!...and therein lies my point...

The hardcore fans that once was have either given up on the sport or have moved on to other things - the younger generation have little to no interest in it either, so my question is what is the future going to look like for F1...Not good IMO!.

Formula One will eventually be like how Formula-E is now - You ask anyone in the street or family members what Formula-E is and I guarantee they won't have a clue!.

So, to end, this sums up my theory about F1 and CM sales reductions. I honestly don't think the games are that bad at all, it's just because the majority of the people just are giving up interest in it, such as myself.

After all these years, I am saddened it has come to this stage in the life of Formula One, but at least I have all those memories - memories I've had the pleasure of living through - the heartache, the excitement, disaster and triumph, what a ride it's been...but unfortunately our time together has come to an end!.


I cant comment on F1 as far back as you as ive only been interested in the sport since about 96 (8 years old) back then my attention wasnt good so hardly watched a full race but over the years I did watch more and more and from the start of jensons championship year (09) I havent missed a session yet alone a race :) there are many points I do agree with but imo vettel and schumacher did the best job in the car they were given and more often than not dominated there team mates showing how good they are/were. I can see why ppl dont like the same person winning all the time but most motorsport is the same these days! Marquez moto gp, Ogier and loab wrc, whincup v8 supercars, so F1 isnt alone. Sky always have classic races on and tbh most races before 2011 you were lucky to get 5 overtakes a race so to most that is why F1 is/was boring, now we get 20+ most races but most overtakes are drs assisted or down to the tyres so alot see it as artificial overtakes and not driver skill. Imo F1 needs another season like 2012 were the first 7 races had 7 different winners and went all the way down to the last race for the championship. The merc last year just made most races unbearable to watch, no car should be that much quicker than the other 10 cars! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ukfan758 said:
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

well according to Paul Jeal codemasters will be announcing f1 2015 next week

Source?
http://f1-game.de/forum/news/4167-paul-jeals-antwort-auf-den-vermeintlichen-release/ It's in German so you will need to use google translate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×