Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Leaked (Confirmed)

I wonder if we might see a Monaco release? In the past they used to time it with another glamour event, Singapore, so I can see it. 
If the glamorous release thing is true why not Bahrain (might be too early)

LGS469 said:
ukfan758 said:
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

well according to Paul Jeal codemasters will be announcing f1 2015 next week

Source?
http://f1-game.de/forum/news/4167-paul-jeals-antwort-auf-den-vermeintlichen-release/ It's in German so you will need to use google translate
We're not announcing next week...

LGS469 said:
ukfan758 said:
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

We’re not commenting on the leaked details other than the quote that was provided to the press.

"The work-in-progress images were taken from a confidential internal development email. At this time, all content is subject to approval by Formula One Management and the teams."

Boring and vague I know. But as I’ve said a few times, we’re not ready to announce F1 2015 yet. Sadly the leak has revealed the game without context and like anything without context, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

Sadly this leak has hit a bit too early and we can’t just push our announcement forward because as mentioned, we’re not ready – we still have assets being created and approved. But once we are ready things will become a lot clearer.

Source?
http://f1-game.de/forum/news/4167-paul-jeals-antwort-auf-den-vermeintlichen-release/ It's in German so you will need to use google translate
Obviously that's outdated.
Anyway: I'm pretty sure CM will miss the chance to promote the game in a good way once again.

@Hatta forgetting about the leaked 'screenshots' for a second...
can you comment on the leaked text attatched to them explaining how the game will be shipped incomplete and require an update?
if that's true then I will not buy the game!
its quite frankly DISGUSTING for a company to to intentionally sell an unfinished game that requires an update after purchase.
the game is called F1 2015, yet is shipped with 2014 cars... And requires an update to actually get all the 2015 cars!! 
What you're actually selling the consumer is F1 2014 again... And later adding 2015 DLC.
thats not right...
It's another kick in the teeth to the little fan base that's actually left for this game!
2 years of development and you're telling us it's still not finished... But take our money anyway! A bit of DLC will patch the game up!
They've created F1 2010 in 2 years of development from the ground up. Just porting F1 2014 and a series of 2014 cars with a new nose won't be happening. Surely there will be some extra content: classic cars, multiple seasons they have the license for, a new game mode, simular like they expanded with F1 2013 to the classic content. You don't spend 2 years developing a port of the 2014 game.

can you comment on the leaked text attatched to them explaining how the game will be shipped incomplete and require an update?
its quite frankly DISGUSTING for a company to to intentionally sell an unfinished game that requires an update after purchase.
the game is called F1 2015, yet is shipped with 2014 cars... And requires an update to actually get all the 2015 cars!! 
What you're actually selling the consumer is F1 2014 again... And later adding 2015 DLC.
thats not right...
It's another kick in the teeth to the little fan base that's actually left for this game!
2 years of development and you're telling us it's still not finished... But take our money anyway! A bit of DLC will patch the game up!
It doesn't say it will ship incomplete. It says it will ship with the "complete 2014 season as well as a field of Hybrid 2015 cars. These cars will then be replaced by the actual 2015 cars via an update following launch." It also has not been officially announced as F1 2015 (despite it being the likeliest title). Perhaps this is one of the reason they haven't announced it yet, they can't release it as F1 2015 as it'll have both seasons on it?
The two years of development has gone toward creating a brand new engine. They're using very little if anything from the previous games and as the above post stated, 2010 took that long to develop from scratch as well.
The patch/DLC argument is pretty stale by now anyway. Nearly every game that's been released since the 360/PS3 has been around has shipped with the requirement of a patch and/or with the intention of releasing DLC afterwards.

Hatta said:
LGS469 said:
ukfan758 said:
LGS469 said:
Hatta said:

Source?
We're not announcing next week...
With project cars being delayed this is the perfect time to announce f1 2015

Hopefully Codemasters can get F1 2015 out of the door before Project Cars. Of course, Codemasters think that they are not their competition. 

I'm pretty sure ProjectCars delayed from November 2014 to March 15 (and now April 15) was the reason why they pushed F1 2015 back to June (or anything like that).

The thing is, they need to release the game before Project Cars. Driveclub has been a huge hit after they got rid of the launch problems and with all the upcoming (free) DLC, people will keep playing it so for most people, they already have their "racing game fix" sorted on PS4. If Project Cars gets released before F1 2015, many people will pick it up, too.

Sure, most die hard F1 fans will buy F1 2015 even if there are 100 other racing games available, but casual gamers DGAF. They just want racing game with fast cars and great graphics, doesn't matter if it is F1, Forza, PCars, GT or Driveclub. Go read the leaked F1 2015 scans thread on Reddit's PS4 section. "Wow, racing has seasons? I had no idea!" That's who Codemasters are trying to attract. They will look at F1 2015 and think "it will be released later, it has only a couple of cars that are virtually the same and only about 20 tracks, I guess I'll get Project Cars."

Unless CM release first.

Project Cars is a sim while F1 isn't trying to be that. Project Cars probably aiming at different audiences. I don't think the release date of Project Cars has much bearing on F1 2015's release at all. F1 will come out when it comes out.

Joethe155 said:
Project Cars is a sim while F1 isn't trying to be that. Project Cars probably aiming at different audiences. I don't think the release date of Project Cars has much bearing on F1 2015's release at all. F1 will come out when it comes out.

Said this before and i will say it again...

Project cars is hardly even close to a simulator.... yes it looks nice...handling is not bad. But its not a simulator in any way shape or form. If you want a full working sim you need to buy rfactor... and even then the public only gets 70% of what rfactor really is. Only way to see a real sim... its if you work in the inside of the racing world. These are just games nothing more nothing less..... to have a full on sim it would cost millions of  US dollars.  Its good to have dreams... but lets make them realistic.

I can't really imagine it no simply because 1. Fifa doesn't require the same sort of changes that F1 does and 2. EA as you're well aware are an infinitely bigger company than CM is. That will make a difference.

It is stale to the point it's becoming rotten. Like I said, near on every game does it so why is it surprising and/or only bad that CM do it for this? At least we know about it so people can decide if they want to get it straight away or wait for the update before buying it.

Again, Fifa is a completely different game and so there is no reason for them to make such a move. We know with F1 they're making a completely new engine which takes a lot of work and time.
Yes people already own 2014. Is anyone here forcing you to buy this one straight from the get go? I'm pretty sure a lot of people who brought Formula One 2006 on the PS2 then went on to buy F1 Championship Edition on the PS3 which came out just before the 2007 season as I recall.

You ARE getting the 2015 season. Just later than getting the 2014 season. Think about it for one moment. Say they solely made F1 2015. When would it release? Around October like the previous games. This one is releasing earlier in the year. You'll be getting the 2015 season around the time it would have released on it's own anyway so what is the problem??

Source? That looks like F1 2014 with a different steering wheel though, and the track surface is different I think. Or i'm looking too much into it :wink: 

Are they even making ps3/360 version of the game? I didn't think they were.

I don't even see a point in putting 2014 cars in it. Just releasing it with 2015 cars would make sense. I assume they're putting 2014 cars in for those who got rid of their consoles, thinking 2014 would be on PS4 and Xbox One.

I am not sure if I am right. I think codemasters are putting in the 2014 cars to market the idea of in season update feature and it doesn't look like a good move(at least from people's reaction on the forum). It kind of makes the game look incomplete. So would the game include the 2014 cars as well or does it go away once they push the update for the hybrid cars?

It would sound logical if they are gonna name it as F1 Championship edition 2 :wink: 

thats not right...
It'll ship with both years.