Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Leaked (Confirmed)

I don't think shipping with both years is a bad thing, it allows Xbox One and PS4 users to play the 2014 season! Plus (I hope) there might be a 2-season championship mode (for the first time in the Codemasters games) where you can try to be champion 2 years in a row, where the teams/tracks/cars DO change in between years!

Hatta said:
@Hatta forgetting about the leaked 'screenshots' for a second...
can you comment on the leaked text attatched to them explaining how the game will be shipped incomplete and require an update?
if that's true then I will not buy the game!
its quite frankly DISGUSTING for a company to to intentionally sell an unfinished game that requires an update after purchase.
the game is called F1 2015, yet is shipped with 2014 cars... And requires an update to actually get all the 2015 cars!! 
What you're actually selling the consumer is F1 2014 again... And later adding 2015 DLC.
thats not right...
It's another kick in the teeth to the little fan base that's actually left for this game!
2 years of development and you're telling us it's still not finished... But take our money anyway! A bit of DLC will patch the game up!
It'll ship with both years. 
So @Hatta  is the 2015 hybrid cars like the sauber in the leaked photos (2014 cars with 2015 front nose & livery) just for development purposes to test the game and promoting the game in screenshots etc? And that these 50-50 cars wont actually ship with the final game? 

I don't understand all that fuss about the cars. I rather take outdated cars like in Project Cars "Formula A" with a good handling/gaming experience than up to date cars and a very bad game like F1 2014.
It is like PES vs. Fifa in the old days. PES was the much better game but had no original data.

One of the reasons they may not be able to ship the game with the new cars is that the new car data is probably not available yet.

Even now they are probably finalising aero twiddly bits (my technical term) and maybe some teams are even finalising sponsors and livery. I can't imagine any of the teams are keen to part with high levels of details on the car. For example in testing this weekend red bull were running a special cammo livery that disguised the car shapes. People give codies a hard time on this sort of stuff, but a lot of it may well be outside of their control.

Once the car detail is available then of course you have many weeks to actually get the car designs into the game. Which itself is probably none trivial.

So I think the strategy of releasing the game with the 2014 cars is fine. It allows everyone to get used to the new features and hopefully iron out a few bugs and get a patch in before the new ones are available to race. Don't see how anyone can realistically object to this.

Tourgott said:
PES was the much better game but had no original data.
As it is again now, and has been for a couple of years.
Not sure. They are both not that good anymore as they were. Maybe it's because I lost my interest in football in general a little bit. Anyway, that's OT.

@Hatta so if this years game will ship with both '14 and '15 cars, then I'm guessing the 'in season updates' will be when the cars get developed by the teams, eg front wings, rear wings etc. is that right or ?

I'm not against the 2014 cars being in the game, I just find a bit peculiar. The reasoning that it allows them to get the game out sooner makes sense and seeing as it's already been in development for longer than any of their F1 titles, that is a good thing.

It's good to have it confirmed anyway. We'll find out the official reasoning behind in time to come.

Sorry @Wynterdust but I just disagree with you. 
If the game needs an update to include its core content after release then they are releasing an incomplete game.
why isn't the 'full 2015' content added for release? Or why not delay the game until it can be finished.
i like the idea that the game comes out earlier than previous editions, and can be updated with realtime data.. Again FIFA squad style. But main content such as the actual cars should be on the disc from the start. There's no excuse for that!
its also very comparable to FIFA. Yes it's a small company, but it's a sports game representing a global sport. You have your track and cars just like a stadium and players. You control one thing while several others react... It's very similar!
in terms of the new engine, they skipped a year on next gen. The xbox one and PS3 have been out well over a year. It's not like it's new tech....
if CM join the line of Devs who think it's acceptable to release unfinished games simply because DLC exists, then imagine how bad things will be in years to come!
its the customer who is shortchanged here!
That's fine I respect that.
It will be shipped with it's core content though as far as we know. As has been said it is releasing with both seasons. Some clarification is perhaps needed as to whether the 2015 season will use the actual models with estimated performances or whether they will be 2014 cars with 2015 noses and liveries until an update. I imagine we will get that clarification when they do eventually reveal it.
I still think of it in this way though: If they were just releasing the 2015 season it would ship around October like it usually does. So even if the updates didn't arrive until then we'd still be getting that years season as the same time as we usually do anyway. This game feels more like an F1:CE type game to me, re-releasing the same season but on the newer gen consoles but with the added bonus of giving us the 2015 updates so we get two seasons in one game saving us having to pay for another game in October.
Don't get me wrong I can understand your arguments and I would actually agree with you if the game were officially confirmed as "F1 2015" and the 2015 models weren't being used. But until then, to me, this is more like Championship Edition 2. Personally I think this is one of the reasons they're taking a while in announcing the game. Perhaps they can't announce it as F1 2015 until they do put the 2015 cars in. I'd also wager that Marussia and Caterham's current predicament is having an effect as well. Perhaps we won't hear an announcement on this game until it's official whether Marussia and Caterham are competing this year.
I don't agree with the Fifa comparison though. For example, a player will always move the same way or at least very similarly to previous games whereas the control physics on F1 games are always completely different (unless you're playing Studio Liverpool 2002-2004 efforts). There's a lot more to change in F1 games than there are in Fifa games I'd wager.
From what I gather, they've been working on this game since after 2013 released and that 2014 was initially going to be a new gen release but time constraints defeated them. This game will have had at least a year and a half development by now.

Well its been a week (7 days) since Hatta said we would have an "F1 2015 announcment"

I can chime in with speculation as well and say its going to be released end of May lets go for the 29th.

Hope they found out who leaked the internal email in the first place. If this was Blizzard or some other big company they would of been diciplined for sure maybe worse. Not like codemasters are having a problem with cutting people loose at the moment.

@Hatta any news on timeframe for news & stuff. Getting abit bored as majority will agree

I think they probably can't show anything until the 2015 cars have been properly introduced in real life.

That is Melbourne. Think about Red Bull's "funky" livery, absence of Manor and Caterham and so on.
Until the official F1 grid is shown in real life, we have to patiently wait and be happy for what the leak brought us in advance:)!

@AyrtonChuva: I'm starting to think that is indeed the case. Compared to last year, there is still a lot in doubt. McLaren and Red Bull haven't shown their finished livery yet. Ferrari, Red Bull and maybe some other teams are still to introduce the new shorter nose. Manor is questionable whether they're going to make it to the grid. And Force India only rolled out the new car yesterday. That's 5 of the 10 teams (McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari, Force India, Manor) that aren't showing their final form. And since the game features 2015 content, they'll probably want to show some 2015 content and not just the 2014 cars.

Real reason: they have some classics again this year and the screenshots/videos need to be approved first. 

Why would there need to be classics for that to be the case? We already know they need to get approval for *every* screenshot or video they release.

They have 2014 cars and will be doing 2015 both in the one game. I can't see them bothering with classic stuff this year, it would be too much. I'm fine with no classic stuff for a year or two really. Let them get a solid foundation on the new consoles first.

I think it may be wishfull thinking but Im hoping that they are waiting to release any info for fanatec to announce there new xbox1 wheels?? Something I thought of when I played GAS, Fanatec was plastered around the tracks for no reason im aware of so with fanatec making a announcment this month about what new wheels they have lined up it could mean getting a F1 replica wheel :) What you guys say makes alot more sense but ever since booting GAS up I thought cm/fanatec must have something lined up?

Hatta said:
@Hatta forgetting about the leaked 'screenshots' for a second...
can you comment on the leaked text attatched to them explaining how the game will be shipped incomplete and require an update?
if that's true then I will not buy the game!
its quite frankly DISGUSTING for a company to to intentionally sell an unfinished game that requires an update after purchase.
the game is called F1 2015, yet is shipped with 2014 cars... And requires an update to actually get all the 2015 cars!! 
What you're actually selling the consumer is F1 2014 again... And later adding 2015 DLC.
thats not right...
It's another kick in the teeth to the little fan base that's actually left for this game!
2 years of development and you're telling us it's still not finished... But take our money anyway! A bit of DLC will patch the game up!
It'll ship with both years. 
Wow could you find three seconds to create a reply?

Well its been a week (7 days) since Hatta said we would have an "F1 2015 announcment"

I can chime in with speculation as well and say its going to be released end of May lets go for the 29th.

Hope they found out who leaked the internal email in the first place. If this was Blizzard or some other big company they would of been diciplined for sure maybe worse. Not like codemasters are having a problem with cutting people loose at the moment.
If it releases May 29th, I know what I'm getting for my birthday :P (which is May 29th)

Hopefully there is a physical release here this time.

vtidixon said:
I think it may be wishfull thinking but Im hoping that they are waiting to release any info for fanatec to announce there new xbox1 wheels?? Something I thought of when I played GAS, Fanatec was plastered around the tracks for no reason im aware of so with fanatec making a announcment this month about what new wheels they have lined up it could mean getting a F1 replica wheel :) What you guys say makes alot more sense but ever since booting GAS up I thought cm/fanatec must have something lined up?
I just want a PS4 wheel from Fanatec.