Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Leaked (Confirmed)

@hatta is there a new engine running the 2015 game? or is it still ego?

It's not a relevant question.  They could change one line in the code recompile the engine and call it a new name and you would never know. Similar you will never know how much of the old ideas are in the new code. 

The only relevant question is whether the graphics are better. They will be of course because there is greater processing power available. How much better ? We wait to see...

They said they have a brand new engine from scratch. That doesn't mean anything, really. WWE 2K15 had a "brand new engine", but in reality it was just like the old gen games, just with slightly better graphics. 

I just hope the graphics are up to the next gen standards and they have sorted the AI issues. And hopefully everything in the game will feel "new". As in, no "hey, that pit crew animation was already in F1 2010".

Sector4 said:
They said they have a brand new engine from scratch. That doesn't mean anything, really. WWE 2K15 had a "brand new engine", but in reality it was just like the old gen games, just with slightly better graphics. 

I just hope the graphics are up to the next gen standards and they have sorted the AI issues. And hopefully everything in the game will feel "new". As in, no "hey, that pit crew animation was already in F1 2010".

Fun thing is my guess is that the final iteration of the ego engine looked nothing like the first version of the ego engine, but because cm still call it the ego engine  people claim it is old/outdated, whereas if the had renamed it people would say wow new engine. It's the triumph of marketing over substance. People should focus less on what the engine is called and more on what the actual results are in game. Internal details of the engine are not for us. Finsl results that the engine produces the we can see are where our criticism should lie.

its a relevant question if I want to know. oh and I would like to know. if that's alright with you joe?? maybe I should just let you decide what I want to know and not want to know?

its a relevant question if I want to know. oh and I would like to know. if that's alright with you joe?? maybe I should just let you decide what I want to know and not want to know?

Sorry wrong word. The question is better described as pointless, it's the answer that's irrelevant.

I'm really hoping for a racing experience. With aggressive AI and with the opponents making mistakes and crashing out. If that's the case, I don't care how the pit crew animations are! (Oh, and a better damage model off course ;-))

According to EB Games and their games release schedule that employees get a hold of, F1 is coming to the Wii U!

If they want to troll harder than before, they will announce just the release date with no screens or videos or anything. 

https://twitter.com/jtl_96/status/573912457078566912

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/573943048448708609

Last year was the same discussion about soon, there was no information about the release date of the F1 2014 ..... and during the F1 weekend at Monza could already play in this edition !!!!

I'm starting to become a bit desperate too. I bought a PS4 last summer, anticipating a next gen F1 game and project cars in the fall, felt gutted that both games wouldn't make it until 2015. Now project cars has been postponed already 3 years and whilst Codemasters said they were cooking up a storm in 2013, there hasn't been even the slightest hint of a breeze. What ever happened to that cooking? 

I think we're going to get many new features. I watched a youtube video which compiled tweets from Steve Hood. What stood out the most was when he said that Codemasters would only add new features like ex. formation lap, once they got the physics and AI better. After the leak, the screenshot said they are fine tuning the in-game broadcasting like older f1 games. So I have a feeling Codemasters feel that they have got the physics and the AI good enough that they can change their focus to add more features like the formation lap for example. But maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.