Sign in to follow this  

F1 2016 THE BIG ONE ?????

I was reading the videogamer article and spotted out of the corner out of my eye on one of the screenshots that it said, "we're moving some of our focus on to the 2016 title". This could mean a simulator grade game for 2016 or maybe a better damage model or some more gamemodes or maybe dedicated online servers.

Why on earth does Codemasters making a F1 game in 2016 give any sort of suggestion that any of that will be included? We haven't even had 2015 officially announced yet let alone released

The focus has always been on the 'next game' and it never delivered. I'm still skeptical about what game Codemasters can deliver. For me, this game should be the turning point. F1 2014 never was a full game to begin with so they have had 2 years time to create a new experience for 2015. I was hoping for a career challenge like game with different seasons, but that doesn't look likely anymore. And hybrid cars with new liveries and a new nose? Then the game should be out in April, not in June...

Reub09 said:
Well I never said that was I was saying was confirmed ya dope
I never said you did, all I asked was why Codies working on a 2016 game meant "This could mean a simulator grade game for 2016 or maybe a better damage model or some more gamemodes or maybe dedicated online servers." You're the one who couldn't give a valid respone and just turned it into insults. I was just curious as to why any of those things aren't possible in the game coming out before the one you are speculating about, you know, the game we know nothing about yet.

Also if you bothered looking on the forum before posting virtually a duplicate thread you would have realised that the thread at the top of the page was about the screenshots you are on about.

I know it was and I posted on that thread but this is about 2016 not 2015 and I wasn't trying to insult you earlier I was just saying that since they are focusing on the next title before their current one is even ANNOUNCED could mean that if 2015 is an improvement that 2016 will follow up and make the perfect F1 game (if they still have the license of course) and I guess I didn't think before I retorted and yeah so :)

It's a shame codemasters have to follow the F1 franchise every year. It would be good to take an extra year out and just master a F1 title every 2 years. More time to work on it, fix bugs etc. This way you could work more on community feedback aswell. Say if an idea becomes high on demand then you will have time to process it into the game.

It's a shame codemasters have to follow the F1 franchise every year. It would be good to take an extra year out and just master a F1 title every 2 years. More time to work on it, fix bugs etc. This way you could work more on community feedback aswell. Say if an idea becomes high on demand then you will have time to process it into the game.
Well to be fair they did very little on 2014 and did no patches or anything to focus on 2015 so its like a game and a half timeframe considering an earlier release. 

I doubt their licence allows them a year out, hence F1 2014...

They ought to change it to every 2 years, and release season/rule/car/driver changes via DLC in the off year. At least until they get a solid base down.

Also, I'm hoping for a physical release in the US for the next game. 2012 was the only F1 game I bought due to unavailability of a physical copy. I simply refuse to pay more than $20 for a digital game. But I guess we'll see what happens with the next game.

Too soon to tell there is no creditable information online as of yet to do with F12016..... lets wait for 2015 to be released first.

(Pure speculation) I think that F1 2015 will serve as their trial for the current gen systems (PS4/Xbox One) where they release the game with some improvements (such as a better frame rate and more detail to the cars and tracks) but will not have a lot of new bells and whistles aka. new features (but I could be proven wrong :) ). I think it will be F1 2016 when Codemasters will add new features to the game as they would then have a structure to add to.