Sign in to follow this  

FFB strength variations?

Hey,

So I've been having some issues with my Thrustmaster T500RS wheel being inconsistent in how strong the FFB is when playing Dirt Rally 2.0. For example, last night I had my FFB dialled in, felt crisp and I had it at a strength level where I had a nice feeling of weight through the steering and self aligning. Today I started the game again, same car, same stage and same FFB settings, but the forces felt through the wheel and the weight of the steering feels like it's at about 50% tops of what I had yesterday. This has been an issue since the start. If I bump up the SAT to get it to around the same feeling as before, if I start the game again, the FFB will suddenly be too heavy. 

I know some wheels weakens when they get hot, but this seems to come randomly, normally between game starts, not during a session. The fact that it can change from one day to another eradicates the theory that it's heat, since the wheel/PC has been shut off for a whole night.

I've always blamed this on my wheel hardware of software but this is the only game that it's acting up like this and I've tried different USB-ports, different FW, drivers etc.

Does anybody else resemble  these issues? If so, do you also use Thrustmaster?

My T300 has been pretty consistent. Doesn't even seem to heat up much with this. It did feel a bit weird after the update but a recalibration seemed to sort that out. 

3 hours ago, bogani said:

Hey,

So I've been having some issues with my Thrustmaster T500RS wheel being inconsistent in how strong the FFB is when playing Dirt Rally 2.0. For example, last night I had my FFB dialled in, felt crisp and I had it at a strength level where I had a nice feeling of weight through the steering and self aligning. Today I started the game again, same car, same stage and same FFB settings, but the forces felt through the wheel and the weight of the steering feels like it's at about 50% tops of what I had yesterday. This has been an issue since the start. If I bump up the SAT to get it to around the same feeling as before, if I start the game again, the FFB will suddenly be too heavy. 

I know some wheels weakens when they get hot, but this seems to come randomly, normally between game starts, not during a session. The fact that it can change from one day to another eradicates the theory that it's heat, since the wheel/PC has been shut off for a whole night.

I've always blamed this on my wheel hardware of software but this is the only game that it's acting up like this and I've tried different USB-ports, different FW, drivers etc.

Does anybody else resemble  these issues? If so, do you also use Thrustmaster?

maybe it's location-based?     i notice for ex.   that sweden is less   and australia and argentina is a lot more

Never had any non-consistent problem for my G27

I have experienced this, but in my case this is something that has to do with how my body adapts to longer sessions. At first I'm not warmed up so the FFB feels heavier but it gets progressively lighter the longer I play. This has nothing to do with the forces exerted by the motors getting weaker, but rather with muscles adapting to the stresses. Seems like a possible explanation for your problem.

1 hour ago, Pistro said:

I have experienced this, but in my case this is something that has to do with how my body adapts to longer sessions. At first I'm not warmed up so the FFB feels heavier but it gets progressively lighter the longer I play. This has nothing to do with the forces exerted by the motors getting weaker, but rather with muscles adapting to the stresses. Seems like a possible explanation for your problem.

Yeah, no, it's a significant weaker FFB, nothing to do with how 'warmed up' I am. It's not a subtle difference. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Pistro said:

20190524_235939.gif

Edited by Decks
  • Haha 3