F1 2019 - Microtransactions...

Posted (edited)

Going to keep this short and simple... If ANY and I literally mean ANY content in the game (And I mean cosmetics and cosmetics ONLY (Anything else is by far worse... not better)) is not earnable (Or reasonably earnable), but is able to be bought... I will whole heartedly scrap this game from my list of ONLY this game! 

I have quit playing all other games due to this exact issue, this is the only game that has never had it (Besides F1 2016 with their R&D cr@p)... I am more than willing to quit on this game to if this affects ANYTHING about the game!

I may sound like I am overreacting, but cosmetics coming into games has only ever become a serious issue... even if it started off fine.

Edited by Zieonn
  • Like 2

generally speaking i dont think you are overracting, cosmetics ruined this era of gaming imho.

i want to be able to see everyone WITHOUT cosmetics, actually don't wanna even know if cosmetics exists, don't use them myself.

only wastes precious storage space, and ruins loading times plus generally ruin the game art with silly things. weekly cosmetics updates to make you download everytime you wanna play the game is cherry on top.

of couse i don't know how cosmetics are in f1 games because i don'T like formula 1 myself, but i hope they keep it sensible.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, waltran said:

generally speaking i dont think you are overracting, cosmetics ruined this era of gaming imho.

i want to be able to see everyone WITHOUT cosmetics, actually don't wanna even know if cosmetics exists, don't use them myself.

only wastes precious storage space, and ruins loading times plus generally ruin the game art with silly things. weekly cosmetics updates to make you download everytime you wanna play the game is cherry on top.

of couse i don't know how cosmetics are in f1 games because i don'T like formula 1 myself, but i hope they keep it sensible.

After seeing a article... Some Microtransactions (Cosmetics/Customization's) will ONLY be able to be bought, others will be earnable. To me this ruins my experience and I am now not sure if I am even going to pre-order the game.

11 hours ago, extracurricularturd said:

Unfortunately, while I agree with you that this isn't right. nobody cares..

Cool and I don't care you don't care. The feelings are mutual. 

You can't speak on behalf of people other than you, so... Best of luck.

• Like 1

I remember them doing a survey about future games at some point, pretty sure I checked DLC as being ok but can't remember if micro-transactions were an option or they counted that as DLC

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tandc001 said:

I remember them doing a survey about future games at some point, pretty sure I checked DLC as being ok but can't remember if micro-transactions were an option or they counted that as DLC

I sure hope they don't check it as DLC. Microtransactions for the most part destroy gaming, DLC does not...

I have only come by very few games (Generally Indie) where Microtransactions are fine and do only seem to be for keeping the game/server alive.

I already cancelled my pre-order and am not planning on getting F1 2019... unless... miraculously those transactions are not that much of a issue (But even then, I will wait and see how it is when F1 2020 releases). I can't stand games that add Microtransactions and those transactions being a game changer.

Microtransactions are easily hackable, using a cheat in order to get what you need to buy in game is easy and free if you got minimal knowledge. DLCs aren't hackable because they're server sided, so i'd rather have microtransactions than DLCs, better if there's none of that **** though.

• Agree 1

On 6/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, Zieonn said:

I sure hope they don't check it as DLC. Microtransactions for the most part destroy gaming, DLC does not...

I have only come by very few games (Generally Indie) where Microtransactions are fine and do only seem to be for keeping the game/server alive.

I already cancelled my pre-order and am not planning on getting F1 2019... unless... miraculously those transactions are not that much of a issue (But even then, I will wait and see how it is when F1 2020 releases). I can't stand games that add Microtransactions and those transactions being a game changer.

I just can't see how microtransactions for cosmetics is gonna have such a large effect that it causes people to cancel their order for game they originally wanted. They change nothing about the actual gameplay unless peoples main reason for buying the game is to customise their character. I don't really spend money on cosmetics anymore (only game i used to on was LOL)  but as long as the microtransaction are just for cosmetics I really don't care if the game has them or it doesnt

Completely agree here... was pretty shocked and extremely disappointed when I saw that they included microtransactions. Sure it's only cosmetics, but paying 60 bucks for a game and then being told to pay money to get all the content... I was always very pleased to play F1 because it was simply complete in terms of content. I got F1 2019 because I preordered it, but if they keep including or even expanding microtransactions in the future, that was definetly the last time. Sad seeing Codies destroying their image with that ****. The F1 series was always better than other games, better than FIFA, better than other racing games, simply because it had no microtransactions. You got what you paid for. Seeing them going down on that level is kinda sad, but if you need that money so badly, take it, but not with me.

@Faya (I know you are not responsible for it, but I tagged you as you may be able to forward this opinions to the desicion-makers)

Edited by danort17
  • Agree 1

On 6/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, Zieonn said:

As the Steam site is already on I checked the prices on them... it's like 1,50 bucks per helmet. And tbh, the designs look great. And these are the only designs looking any good, especially the suit designs. Putting weak stuff in the main game and good stuff by microtransactions is a very poor way to do it. I know that most of the common games do it like that, but I always thought Codemasters were better than this. Sad to see them proving me wrong 😕

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, danort17 said:

As the Steam site is already on I checked the prices on them... it's like 1,50 bucks per helmet. And tbh, the designs look great. And these are the only designs looking any good, especially the suit designs. Putting weak stuff in the main game and good stuff by microtransactions is a very poor way to do it. I know that most of the common games do it like that, but I always thought Codemasters were better than this. Sad to see them proving me wrong 😕

Probably will be able to mod my own helmet anyways, sucks for console players though.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, J0k3Rs said:

Probably will be able to mod my own helmet anyways, sucks for console players though.

I switched from PC to Console due to being able to travel. That is the main reason these microtransactions (and me loving customization) are irritating me.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, danort17 said:

Still do not understand why it is such a big deal, If you want them you can pay for them, if you don't, don't but they are only cosmetics and do not affect the gameplay in anyway. Much rather them do this than do what other companies do and lock gameplay behind a paywall. You have to remember they are a business and if they can find addition revenue with out effecting the gameplay why wouldn't they. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, UdayK29 said:

Still do not understand why it is such a big deal, If you want them you can pay for them, if you don't, don't but they are only cosmetics and do not affect the gameplay in anyway. Much rather them do this than do what other companies do and lock gameplay behind a paywall. You have to remember they are a business and if they can find addition revenue with out effecting the gameplay why wouldn't they. 

Just saying. When you need to mod a helmet to have a helmet compete with a paid helmet that is a problem and it may not affect the game gameplay wise, but does visually. Just because it is not gameplay altering does not mean it is not affecting the game.

Edited by Zieonn