F1 2019 - Microtransactions...

Posted (edited)

Going to keep this short and simple... If ANY and I literally mean ANY content in the game (And I mean cosmetics and cosmetics ONLY (Anything else is by far worse... not better)) is not earnable (Or reasonably earnable), but is able to be bought... I will whole heartedly scrap this game from my list of ONLY this game! 

I have quit playing all other games due to this exact issue, this is the only game that has never had it (Besides F1 2016 with their R&D cr@p)... I am more than willing to quit on this game to if this affects ANYTHING about the game!

I may sound like I am overreacting, but cosmetics coming into games has only ever become a serious issue... even if it started off fine.

Edited by Zieonn
  • Like 1

generally speaking i dont think you are overracting, cosmetics ruined this era of gaming imho.

i want to be able to see everyone WITHOUT cosmetics, actually don't wanna even know if cosmetics exists, don't use them myself.

only wastes precious storage space, and ruins loading times plus generally ruin the game art with silly things. weekly cosmetics updates to make you download everytime you wanna play the game is cherry on top.

of couse i don't know how cosmetics are in f1 games because i don'T like formula 1 myself, but i hope they keep it sensible.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, waltran said:

generally speaking i dont think you are overracting, cosmetics ruined this era of gaming imho.

i want to be able to see everyone WITHOUT cosmetics, actually don't wanna even know if cosmetics exists, don't use them myself.

only wastes precious storage space, and ruins loading times plus generally ruin the game art with silly things. weekly cosmetics updates to make you download everytime you wanna play the game is cherry on top.

of couse i don't know how cosmetics are in f1 games because i don'T like formula 1 myself, but i hope they keep it sensible.

After seeing a article... Some Microtransactions (Cosmetics/Customization's) will ONLY be able to be bought, others will be earnable. To me this ruins my experience and I am now not sure if I am even going to pre-order the game.

11 hours ago, extracurricularturd said:

Unfortunately, while I agree with you that this isn't right. nobody cares..

Cool and I don't care you don't care. The feelings are mutual. 

You can't speak on behalf of people other than you, so... Best of luck.

I remember them doing a survey about future games at some point, pretty sure I checked DLC as being ok but can't remember if micro-transactions were an option or they counted that as DLC

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tandc001 said:

I remember them doing a survey about future games at some point, pretty sure I checked DLC as being ok but can't remember if micro-transactions were an option or they counted that as DLC

I sure hope they don't check it as DLC. Microtransactions for the most part destroy gaming, DLC does not...

I have only come by very few games (Generally Indie) where Microtransactions are fine and do only seem to be for keeping the game/server alive.

I already cancelled my pre-order and am not planning on getting F1 2019... unless... miraculously those transactions are not that much of a issue (But even then, I will wait and see how it is when F1 2020 releases). I can't stand games that add Microtransactions and those transactions being a game changer.