Tool for calculating setups.

Hi,

I am making a little tool (it will be a website) that let's you input your inventory and then it calculates all possible setups for you. You can say what priority the stats have and the tool will get the best setup, given your inventory.

I was wondering is something similar already exists, and if not whether people would like to use something like that.

I could use help, in the sense that I need an overview of all parts and what the stats are for every level. If people wanna help me, I will think up a way people can send me the parts (and stats) I am missing.

How does this sound to you people?

• Agree 2

Your concept is admirable but I think you overestimate the actual impact various parts have on performance. Many of us here have tried set-ups that are extreme. Ranging from all power to all aero to lightweight to even some who run with a PI of zero and the differences do not impact lap times. I would not advise you to spend your time on this.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, BartvanBerkel said:

Hi,

I am making a little tool (it will be a website) that let's you input your inventory and then it calculates all possible setups for you. You can say what priority the stats have and the tool will get the best setup, given your inventory.

I was wondering is something similar already exists, and if not whether people would like to use something like that.

I could use help, in the sense that I need an overview of all parts and what the stats are for every level. If people wanna help me, I will think up a way people can send me the parts (and stats) I am missing.

Hey buddy, I have some different software development experience. I'd like to be helpful with that if you dont mind.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Your concept is admirable but I think you overestimate the actual impact various parts have on performance. Many of us here have tried set-ups that are extreme. Ranging from all power to all aero to lightweight to even some who run with a PI of zero and the differences do not impact lap times. I would not advise you to spend your time on this.

Ok. Tnx! That is good to know. It is a nice little project for myself, and I have heard some people who wanted to see it. That is enough for me. But it's good to know that for now the setups are not that interesting. Hopefully that changes in the future.

7 hours ago, bondar said:

Hey buddy, I have some different software development experience. I'd like to be helpful with that if you dont mind.

Great!

https://github.com/BK024/F1MobAutoConf

It's a maven webApp project written in Java with a simple JSP front-end deployed with tomcat. I can change it around, specifically the front-end is not great. But for now this is what I'm working on. Feel free to collaborate. If you are gonna do that I would like it if you branch of. We can later merge the branches if we want. Tnx! I do need some help though getting all the parts and their stats written down. Anyone can help with that 🙂

On 5/25/2019 at 4:30 PM, Dr Zaius said:

And almost every aspect of the game has math errors that come and go or are replaced with new anomalies at releases and updates.

• Agree 2

On 5/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, BartvanBerkel said:

Hi,

Would be great if you’d go even further and build a game we’d love so we can be free of Codemasters. 🙌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/27/2019 at 6:14 PM, Fierce said:

Would be great if you’d go even further and build a game we’d love so we can be free of Codemasters. 🙌

Haha, if only. 😉

On 5/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, Fierce said:

I think it's Eden that's the problem, but I don't know enough about post-release development in the gaming industry to say for sure.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PGIII said:

I think it's Eden that's the problem, but I don't know enough about post-release development in the gaming industry to say for sure.

I wonder if Eden does the shell around the graphics and physics engine since those components seem really solid.  But garbage in, garbage out.  Could explain the disconnects at an interface level.

An example is different racing lines for different cars.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PGIII said:

Eden Games has a hand in this too, but Codemasters, who have directional oversight, hired them and can’t be disassociated from the garbage they’ve collectively built. Only Codemasters knows why there are so many more bugs in this game than in F1 2016, a brilliant game they built with Exient. In the App Store, F1 2016 is still #15 in the Racing category. This steaming pile of failure, #38.

Those of us who enjoyed F1 2016 and waited for two years to live the dream in an updated game got a bug-infested, untested beta release built by interns. Chris and co. have been failing at massaging the situation ever since launch. You can empty a bottle of perfume on a piece of turd, but it’ll still be a piece of turd. Fixing symptoms won’t improve our experience.

We can only hope Codemasters cares enough to chuck this game down the toilet, go back to the old drawing board, and produce an F1 game F1 fans deserve (there are many, many other racing games for “everyone” else). It appears many of us have lost all hope in the ability of Codemasters to fix this game. Let’s relegate this low point to the past and focus on F1 2020. What do you say, @ChrisGrovesMCM?

Edited by Fierce
  • Agree 3

On 5/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, BartvanBerkel said:

Hi,

I created a spreadsheet in Excel that does this.  It's a little cumbersome, but it works.

39 minutes ago, Stageguy said:

I created a spreadsheet in Excel that does this.  It's a little cumbersome, but it works.

I still remain doubtful of the efficacy of anything that resembles an "ideal setup".... with the benefit of months of gameplay trying different configurations, any differences are indiscernible. Now that we can run three different set ups and I have my three in the most opposing forms.... Power, Handling and Aero... all indications are that Aero is always going to yield the best results. I have never found a track where sheer, brute power is an advantage.

• Agree 1

While your tool is admirable, the tools that release the swarm of bugs with every patch and update will render your had work useless in one download.  Yes, the entendre was intentional

Sounds like a great idea to me let's hope all your hard work is appreciated :classic_smile: