Jump to content

DRS indicator light in wheel

Recommended Posts

Would like to see DRS indicator light in the wheel when you press the button.

If you drive in cockpit with high FOV you have to look behind to see is it on.

Also full OSD in cockpit view would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In previous games the light on the wheel will blink when it's available and stops blinking once you activate it. It's barely noticeable though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Karppuuna said:

Would like to see DRS indicator light in the wheel when you press the button.

If you drive in cockpit with high FOV you have to look behind to see is it on.

Also full OSD in cockpit view would be great.

Hey,

Maybe you can use a 3rd party app on your phone? Is that an idea?

I use SIM Dashboard on my Android Phone and it works great with, for example, DRS. It light up a color when available and another color when in use. When it is inactive, it will be grey.

I have it on my F1 add on wheel from Thrustmaster and it works super! No lag etc. See my picture.

20190520_120333.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
Text mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Karppuuna said:

Would like to see DRS indicator light in the wheel when you press the button.

If you drive in cockpit with high FOV you have to look behind to see is it on.

Also full OSD in cockpit view would be great.

Codemasters Dont like Cockpit racers, thier more into chase cam or TV Poop ricers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AScott said:

Codemasters Dont like Cockpit racers, thier more into chase cam or TV Poop ricers,

I'm confused?? The DRS light is on the wheel. It's in different places depending on which team. When it's available it blinks (faintly I know) and then when activated, it's solid. You just need to find it in practice for the car you're driving et voila!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martbloke said:

I'm confused?? The DRS light is on the wheel. It's in different places depending on which team. When it's available it blinks (faintly I know) and then when activated, it's solid. You just need to find it in practice for the car you're driving et voila!

When avaible blinks ( faintly ) as you said thats the issue, if this was a tv poop cam issue it would be fixed already,

also if I understood correctly hes saying not all info is avaible via steering wheel screen,

Thiers stuff thats being ignored simple because cockpit racers are the minority, hence codemasters dont like cockpit racers.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AScott said:

When avaible blinks ( faintly ) as you said thats the issue, if this was a tv poop cam issue it would be fixed already,

also if I understood correctly hes saying not all info is avaible via steering wheel screen,

Thiers stuff thats being ignored simple because cockpit racers are the minority, hence codemasters dont like cockpit racers.

Yeah I understand about using the wheel more instead of the OSD and having multiple screens on it like cycling through like the MFD - that would be great.

Didn't understand the DRS 1 though as it is already there and did not get from the OP that the issue was the faint blinking. That does need to be more prominent. In fact why they don't just have it orange for a available and then green when activated I don't know.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×