Sign in to follow this  

End of bug fixes

since ChristinaMc left, there is no communication at all, we do not even know if a person from the Community Team is still interested in the Dirt forum.
I have the impression that apart from the DLCs that were clearly announced, so only season 2, they will not do anything else again.
we will enumerate an inconsiderable number of bug, but what's the point, all it is important for them to sell their DLC, also including bugs.
talk to us CM !!!!!

Patch 1.5 is coming soon.

• Agree 3

There is no indication of a direct change in bug fixing efforts. I think one can draw almost an infinite number of conclusions from Christina leaving, so without more details it's best to take it at face value (an employee left).

They are hiring a new community person.

• Agree 5

Please I hope they fix the times on some of the cars. The historic vw is horrendously hard on clubman!

16 hours ago, bn880 said:

There is no indication of a direct change in bug fixing efforts. I think one can draw almost an infinite number of conclusions from Christina leaving, so without more details it's best to take it at face value (an employee left).

They are hiring a new community person.

i hope those person have large shoulders 😅

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Dominic0 said:

Please I hope they fix the times on some of the cars. The historic vw is horrendously hard on clubman!

H2 FWD and R2 AI are bugged (crazy fast). I'm doing Historic Champ right now with 205 on diffculty set at 15 and it's the right difficulty for me. that's easier than Open difficulty in career (which is around 30-40)... o.O

edit: ok I've managed to turn it up to 25 and it's still ok. keep in mind I am not very good at this game - clubman is about my limit in career, I think

normally in historic/custom championships I have the difficulty at 45 for 4WD cars and 35 for RWD.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

On 5/27/2019 at 11:10 PM, Riggs said:

Patch 1.5 is coming soon.

no official press release, or maybe on Tweeter or Facebook or an other social network....................

Posted (edited)

Early 2000's were good times. People couldn't post on forums urging companies to do something. We bought the game and played it. When a patch came, we installed it, but we didn't care about it in the meantime.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

Early 2000's were good times. People couldn't post on forums urging companies to do something. We bought the game and played it. When a patch came, we installed it, but we didn't care about it in the meantime.

yes and the games were finished when we bought them

• Agree 7

3 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

no official press release, or maybe on Tweeter or Facebook or an other social network....................

Let's be a little more direct then.

Version 1.5 is coming soon.

How soon? I'm not ready to tell you all yet, but once everything's locked in place I'll help get the word out on social channels 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 5

39 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

How soon? I'm not ready to tell you all yet, but once everything's locked in place I'll help get the word out on social channels 😉

Thanks PJTierney for the info - it seems they have found a good replacement for Christina in You.

I wonder why there is still such a negative attitude to this sim. DR1 was great, but DR2 is still a nice step forward.

• Agree 7

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Fjacobsen said:

I wonder why there is still such a negative attitude to this sim. DR1 was great, but DR2 is still a nice step forward.

It's strange, isn't it? DR2 is fantastic, and sure, it has a few issues that really need to be fixed (the audio cutouts, for example) but nothing that comes anywhere close to making it a "bad" game. I really do find it hard to understand how some people find the problems to be so obnoxious that it completely ruins their enjoyment of the game.

I also think there's often a severe case of rose-tinted specs going on with DR1. After playing DR2 for... *checks stats* 164 hours, going to DR1 really feels like a step back, particularly in FFB, physics and visuals.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

we have the right to wait for the bug fix, although they do not prevent us from playing, but clearly shows an unfinished game, moreover, the lack of communication or the scattering of information does not help us to keep hope and to stay positive, although I'm having fun on this game

16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

he used the 's' word!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, caerphoto said:

It's strange, isn't it? DR2 is fantastic, and sure, it has a few issues that really need to be fixed (the audio cutouts, for example) but nothing that comes anywhere close to making it a "bad" game. I really do find it hard to understand how some people find the problems to be so obnoxious that it completely ruins their enjoyment of the game.

Maybe because you have different priorities ? I always find it a bit strange when I read something like "I really don´t understand how people don´t like a game/other stuff as much as I do". That always seems to be a indication for me that these people think that their priorities/tastes are much more important/the only right opinion than the opinions/tastes of other people.

From my perspective: I also think that the game is fun, and a nice improvement over DR1 in some areas, but not in ALL areas. I for example think that the pacenotes were done better in DR1. DR1 had better Hardware-support. DR1 had an offline custom-mode to earn money/car-upgrades. It had Hillclimb. One of the main-modes didn´t have an expiry-date written on it. I could use the car I wanted to use in the Career, without having to wait for the Shop to reset. Etc., etc., etc. And that´s without the still not fixed bugs that are going on for months now; plus the new ones that seem to creep up with every new update.

I know many people on these boards are tired of hearing these things. I personally have went on from DR2.0, and have been pretty quiet, because I personally don´t want/need to write about how disappointed I was/ and still am with DR2 on a regular basis. But I still watch the progress the game makes; which shows that I still have interest in the game, and a slight hope that at some point the game will turn out as good as I personally would have liked it to be on release. 

But I also think there are many more games (not necessarily from the same genre) that at least for ME feel as if they honor/appreciate the time and cash I spent more than Codemasters did until now with DR2.0.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 5

23 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Maybe because you have different priorities ? I always find it a bit strange when I read something like "I really don´t understand how people don´t like a game/other stuff as much as I do". That always seems to be a indication for me that these people think that their priorities/tastes are much more important/the only right opinion than the opinions/tastes of other people.

I agree, it’s silly when people say that. It's also kinda silly to get overly annoyed by things that are either theoretical (“expiry date”) or kinda trivial (headlights having the wrong texture).

It’s fine to have priorities, within reason, but someone saying, for example, that they literally cannot enjoy the game because of the state the FFB was in at launch is just not reasonable. Unless the FFB was actually broken for that person, it wasn’t that bad. They’re playing a rally simulator, not a steering wheel simulator.

29 minutes ago, Civarello said:

From my perspective: I also think that the game is fun, and a nice improvement over DR1 in some areas, but not in ALL areas. I for example think that the pacenotes were done better in DR1. DR1 had better Hardware-support. DR1 had an offline custom-mode to earn money/car-upgrades. It had Hillclimb. One of the main-modes didn´t have an expiry-date written on it. I could use the car I wanted to use in the Career, without having to wait for the Shop to reset. Etc., etc., etc.

Pacenotes, matter of opinion and I’m not gonna argue there. If you like DR1’s better, cool. Better hardware support, though? In what sense? VR, yeah, but the input support is much better in DR2. Offline credit earning, well, that’s a much bigger topic than just Custom Events – the whole structure of DR2 is built around being online. Again, no problem if you disagree with this, but you gotta discuss it in context.

The other stuff, again, fine, a matter of opinion, and again I have no problem with that, but it does seem a bit like comparing feature lists without considering the experience of actually driving in the game. For me, that experience is better enough that all the other stuff you mentioned seems trivial.

And just so I’m clear, I’m in no way excusing the bugs etc. They should be fixed, and many shouldn’t even have made it to release, but I also accept the realities of modern game development. I don’t like it, but since I can’t do anything about it I’m not going to let it bother me, and instead just enjoy playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just want to play the game comfortably.  Many of the complaints posted in this forum were not a problem at all in DR1.Why did the CM made the dicisions that aggravated gameplay from DR1? These are very frustrating for many people, I think. Certainly it has evolved from DR1 in terms of driving cars, but many points got worse in gameplay imo.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, caerphoto said:

I agree, it’s silly when people say that. It's also kinda silly to get overly annoyed by things that are either theoretical (“expiry date”) or kinda trivial (headlights having the wrong texture).

It’s fine to have priorities, within reason, but someone saying, for example, that they literally cannot enjoy the game because of the state the FFB was in at launch is just not reasonable. Unless the FFB was actually broken for that person, it wasn’t that bad. They’re playing a rally simulator, not a steering wheel simulator.

Pacenotes, matter of opinion and I’m not gonna argue there. If you like DR1’s better, cool. Better hardware support, though? In what sense? VR, yeah, but the input support is much better in DR2. Offline credit earning, well, that’s a much bigger topic than just Custom Events – the whole structure of DR2 is built around being online. Again, no problem if you disagree with this, but you gotta discuss it in context.

The other stuff, again, fine, a matter of opinion, and again I have no problem with that, but it does seem a bit like comparing feature lists without considering the experience of actually driving in the game. For me, that experience is better enough that all the other stuff you mentioned seems trivial.

And just so I’m clear, I’m in no way excusing the bugs etc. They should be fixed, and many shouldn’t even have made it to release, but I also accept the realities of modern game development. I don’t like it, but since I can’t do anything about it I’m not going to let it bother me, and instead just enjoy playing the game.

I am someone who doesn´t like to call other peoples tastes/preferences "silly" or "trivial", just because they´re different from my own. When I found out that Dirt Rally 2.0 had this Online-Requirement for the Single Player-Career the game immediately went off my to buy-list. And DR2.0 was a very sure purchase for me, considering Dirt Rally 1 is my 2nd most-played game on Steam. As I´ve mentioned a couple of times by now I only own it because it was a surprise-gift from my gf on release. Now, that reason might sound silly to you and others, but for me it´s not.

I personally don´t see ANY advantage of the SP-Career being dependent on Racenet, but a plethora of negatives. There are so many opportunities in this game to be competitive (the Online Challenges, Time Trial, the dedicated MP-Modes) for the people who want that, so why the need to have this competition (via Leaderboards) in the SP-portion as well (and I only speak about the Career-Mode, not the MyTeam-Mode in general). 

If a game has a feature that I really don´t like I don´t buy that game. The same reason why I don´t buy ANY game that features any kind of Free2Play-mechanic (Lootboxes, ingame-shops, fantasy-currencies etc.). The same reason why I don´t pre-order games.

Regarding Hardware-Support: Analogue-Handbrakes for example; or are they now properly supported ? Or some of the Wheel-options not being changeable (due to them being greyed-out).

Even though I personally am more on the "critical" side of Dirt Rally 2.0, I absolutely get why people like this game as much as they do. 

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Civarello said:

I personally don´t see ANY advantage of the SP-Career being dependent on Racenet

It means you aren't forced to maintain two different "careers". If you allowed it to be offline, then you would need a second career mode online to use for dailies and events - you can't have the money cross between the two. Holy hell would that **** a lot of people off. As for the negatives... you have to maintain an internet connection? What other real negative is there? The rare out of sync resets that have only hit a very limited number of people?

28 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Regarding Hardware-Support: Analogue-Handbrakes for example; or are they now properly supported ? Or some of the Wheel-options not being changeable (due to them being greyed-out).

I don't know what happened to the handbrake, and I'll concede that is annoying as hell, but I'll be very surprised if it isn't fixed eventually. As for the wheel-options: if they are grayed out it is because your device does not support the mechanic. The FFB was designed in such a way that certain effects were designed to be the control effect for certain devices. Ie the "engine vibration" or w/e it was called is grayed out for wheel users, because it is one of the primary mechanics that controls the rumble in gamepads from driving. The hardware is fully supported, but not all hardware can use all effects as they are implemented. If your wheel doesn't have a vibration motor in it like Fanatecs do, you aren't going to be able to get the same effect

These are issues with the game sure, but to act like these issues make the game not worth it or unplayable is a joke in my opinion. Even with the current issues the game is miles ahead of DR1 and the best rally sim on the market. The online requirement is blown out of proportion by people, if you can post on these forums as frequently as some of the complainers do, you should have no issues making a simple server handshake to validate times and integrity.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, caerphoto said:

Looks like depends on expectations of how the title will be used. If someone uses it like one of hundreds games form a collection, then yes - quality of FFB, or disabling sound in the middle of the stage really doesn't matter. At worst he restart the game or run another one.

But for people for whom simracing/rimrally is a serious hobby, full of organized schedules, leagues etc, those issues are game breakers. And it's not unexpected since quality FFB as well as sound directly affects driver performance. No mentioning disappointment itself of getting half-baked product for full price.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

But for people for whom simracing/rimrally is a serious hobby, full of organized schedules, leagues etc, those issues are game breakers

I don't think anyone is arguing that those are gamebreakers, I think the argument is they weren't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. FFB was a lot more muted than in previous titles, but it was a long shot from "broken" and unusable as some people were claiming. And this is coming from a die hard sim racing fan with 300 hours in Dirt Rally 2.0 already. If the FFB was unusable, I sure as hell haven't noticed it yet.

The sound cutting out is bad, but if it is consistently doing that I think the issue is more likely your system than the game. I had occasional cut outs in MP during the launch weeks, but since then? I can't think of a single time in the last month Phil has forgotten pace notes like he was at launch. A few UI notes don't match the pace note called, but that is about as bad as it is. The only annoying thing still happening is that Sweden and Germany have Phil repeat himself a couple times between the "... to finish" call and actually clearing the stage end gate.

No one is denying there are problems, they are just saying that people avoiding this game because "the problems are so bad" are probably blowing things out of proportion. The current issues do not justify (to me) a reason that someone should avoid this game. The game itself is better than any other rally game you can buy today. Don't let a few negatives force you to miss this game.

Posted (edited)

Probably your opinion is different than mine. For me provided FFB is sub-optimal - then to me it's a game-braker. Also if a game contains bugs which can influence my performance, destroying an effort of being competitive, which is the purpose of all racing/rally games, right? - then it's a game-breaker.

Yes, it's rally simulation, not rally event simulator, or team one.
Therefore a feedback given by game - mix of FFB, gfx and sound cues - is most important thing it provides. Without them, you can even cannot properly judge implemented physics.
If one of those things is broken (or provided with insufficient quality) then  from overall simulation point of view it's a game-breaker.
Regardless the program (the game) works, and some players accept its defects.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

The sound cutting out is bad, but if it is consistently doing that I think the issue is more likely your system than the game. I had occasional cut outs in MP during the launch weeks, but since then? I can't think of a single time in the last month Phil has forgotten pace notes like he was at launch. A few UI notes don't match the pace note called, but that is about as bad as it is. The only annoying thing still happening is that Sweden and Germany have Phil repeat himself a couple times between the "... to finish" call and actually clearing the stage end gate.

I wanted to let this discussion slide, because I know there is no common ground anyway; especially with remarks like "your opinion/preference is a joke to me". I say I totally get why people like this game; the opposite situation seems to be way harder; for people even TRYING to understand where the criticisms are coming from and why people aren´t on cloud 9 with DR2.0. 

But this ? Now you even go down THIS route, saying that it´s "more likely" the system of the users, and not the game itself, just because YOU didn´t experience this annoying bug for a longer period of time ? Guess what, I had this bug happen to me just ONCE....but I never would go out and say it´s the users fault. Especially when it´s happening THIS often and to THIS many people. And in the next sentence you even mention that you still have problems yourself in this department (albeit a different part of the Audio).

It was mentioned dozens of times that you all want constructive criticism; but even then this criticism gets ridiculed by mentioning it "being a joke" or "blown out of proportion". Yeah, it´s really fun to have a discussion about this game on these  boards........Constructive criticism isn´t when it only mentions things that you all agree with......

• Agree 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Civarello said:

From my perspective: I also think that the game is fun, and a nice improvement over DR1 in some areas, but not in ALL areas. I for example think that the pacenotes were done better in DR1. DR1 had better Hardware-support. DR1 had an offline custom-mode to earn money/car-upgrades. It had Hillclimb. One of the main-modes didn´t have an expiry-date written on it. I could use the car I wanted to use in the Career, without having to wait for the Shop to reset. Etc., etc., etc. And that´s without the still not fixed bugs that are going on for months now; plus the new ones that seem to creep up with every new update.

I know many people on these boards are tired of hearing these things. I personally have went on from DR2.0, and have been pretty quiet, because I personally don´t want/need to write about how disappointed I was/ and still am with DR2 on a regular basis. But I still watch the progress the game makes; which shows that I still have interest in the game, and a slight hope that at some point the game will turn out as good as I personally would have liked it to be on release. 

But I also think there are many more games (not necessarily from the same genre) that at least for ME feel as if they honor/appreciate the time and cash I spent more than Codemasters did until now with DR2.0.

So so true, every word you write down in your comment is the same as i thinking and feeling about this game since the release. And in less than 3 months time price drop of 50% is not a good sign at all. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Civarello said:

I wanted to let this discussion slide, because I know there is no common ground anyway; especially with remarks like "your opinion/preference is a joke to me". I say I totally get why people like this game; the opposite situation seems to be way harder; for people even TRYING to understand where the criticisms are coming from and why people aren´t on cloud 9 with DR2.0. 

But this ? Now you even go down THIS route, saying that it´s "more likely" the system of the users, and not the game itself, just because YOU didn´t experience this annoying bug for a longer period of time ? Guess what, I had this bug happen to me just ONCE....but I never would go out and say it´s the users fault. Especially when it´s happening THIS often and to THIS many people. And in the next sentence you even mention that you still have problems yourself in this department (albeit a different part of the Audio).

It was mentioned dozens of times that you all want constructive criticism; but even then this criticism gets ridiculed by mentioning it "being a joke" or "blown out of proportion". Yeah, it´s really fun to have a discussion about this game on these  boards........Constructive criticism isn´t when it only mentions things that you all agree with......

Agreed. I have never actually experienced the sound cut out bug and i have played the game a hell of a lot since release, but i’m not about to start denying its existence and saying it’s probably down to users systems rather than the game. That is clearly not the case. It just comes across as as rude and dismissive, it’s also misleading as the volume of users experiencing this bug demonstrates that it IS a bug. CM tried to fix it in a previous patch, it seems like it hasn’t quite worked, so hopefully next time they manage to nail it. 

Edited by Pieman99
  • Like 1