Daily / Community events. Is it worth it at all?

For example I bought an N4/R4 Evo X. Before one stage daily event i paid 60 thousands to repair everything without Time penalty.
But that's not all! I tried Shakedown for twice only, then at service park i saw that i have to replace my (previously replaced brand new) brakes and it costs more than 30 minutes to do so i could get a time penalty. Worth to start the event? No.
The maximum amount of money to get could be about 43 thousands only. Worth to start the event? No. Maintenance costs almost every time more than its rewards.

I think CM should give us more money for the events 'cause there is no real motivation to start an event... 100K and up could motivate more users

What do you think?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Nah, I'm swimming in credits as it is. Wish there was more to spend it on. You just had an unlucky cumulation of operational costs (as happens irl all the time and not just in rally).

I also would like if DLC cars had to be bought ingame rather than given.

• Agree 5

Well, that's how it works in real life. If you damage your car this much and have to pay for all the repairs, it's not worth it. Drive like you own it.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Don't repair the car after the shakedown unless you have a long rally to do.  And also don't drive mad on the shakedown you are testing the feel of the car not limits.

I love working on a budget and I'm glad I'm not swimming. Sometimes I drive the single events with damaged cars and use the cash to go towards fixing them. Group B monsters are cash losers for me as I am not great with them but I can use them on 2 events and get the cash back.  Some events cost until you get better but there are always cheap cars to run. 

• Agree 1

DLC cars should be buyable, not given. I dont really agree with the politics behind this, although I understand why they've been doing it.

Guess it's avoid crybabies from crying some more, but what belongs to career mode should stay in career mode. Cars are always available in Freeplay.

• Agree 5

i have 80% of the cars owned+upgraded, don't have any interest in the others

i have all the crew maxed out  and have a credit of  5.500.000 

i think rewards are reasonable like they are now

• Agree 6

16 hours ago, mesa said:

For example I bought an N4/R4 Evo X. Before one stage daily event i paid 60 thousands to repair everything without Time penalty.
But that's not all! I tried Shakedown for twice only, then at service park i saw that i have to replace my (previously replaced brand new) brakes and it costs more than 30 minutes to do so i could get a time penalty. Worth to start the event? No.
The maximum amount of money to get could be about 43 thousands only. Worth to start the event? No. Maintenance costs almost every time more than its rewards.

I think CM should give us more money for the events 'cause there is no real motivation to start an event... 100K and up could motivate more users

What do you think?

Increase the number and upgrade your staff crew!... the repairs costs will become lower...

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, chukonu said:

Nah, I'm swimming in credits as it is. Wish there was more to spend it on. You just had an unlucky cumulation of operational costs (as happens irl all the time and not just in rally).

I also would like if DLC cars had to be bought ingame rather than given.

1000000% this.

If you don't want the DLC cars to be gifts, you know you can just sell them for 0 credits when they are released and then buy them for cash right?

the only difference is that all of the DLC cars (so far) can only be bought used, and the gifted versions are new.

1 hour ago, Adriano1976 said:

Increase the number and upgrade your staff crew!... the repairs costs will become lower...

only the time it takes to repair decreases, not the amount of money it costs.

• Agree 3

and if you upgrade your staff they can figure out fixes for parts sooner so you can repair them istead of replace them resulting in lower costs. kinda. 
I think that was the point Adriano1976 tried to make 🙂

Sure helped my buddy out when i told him as he spends most of he's time outside the road faceplanted in a tree.. heh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

also, to respond to OP, the community/ai events pay out more credits per stage (or event) than career mode does

single event in a daily shouldn't cause more than a few thousand credits worth of damage - maybe up to like 10,000cr or something if you really messed up your run. If you are doing more damage than that during a single stage you are the problem not the costs of repairs.

Drive it like, I don't know, you own it and have to maintain the thing in a competitive and challenging career mode.

This **** isn't NFS, or Forza or DR1 where you drive some free car in a daily that you borrowed. You have to own it, you have to be responsible for the results of your driving, and your bank account needs to fund your driving. If it can't, either your bank account or your driving needs to change...

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 2

Please don't treat me like an NFS boy

Again: I repaired a damaged car, up to 100%. There was no damage at all. All parts replaced to NEW. Also i did buy all upgrades to reduce cost and repair time, maxed out the possibilities.
Then i did shakedown on gravel for twice only to set up the car, without finishing the one minute run, then back to service park and i realized that i had to replace my brakes!

it is never happen IRL that you wear out your brake pads/discs after 2 minutes only... 😛
It must be a software bug.

To level the playing field between multi - millionaire day one players and noobies (actually, just as a general idea of adding some incentive for restraint just like real rallies) there should be a limit on parts in Weeklies and Monthlies. Limited sets of brake rotors, body panels, dampers, shocks, radiators, etc... 

This way even people with twenty million saved up will have to be careful on track.

And add Hardcore damage to the community events. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mesa said:

Please don't treat me like an NFS boy

Again: I repaired a damaged car, up to 100%. There was no damage at all. All parts replaced to NEW. Also i did buy all upgrades to reduce cost and repair time, maxed out the possibilities.
Then i did shakedown on gravel for twice only to set up the car, without finishing the one minute run, then back to service park and i realized that i had to replace my brakes!

it is never happen IRL that you wear out your brake pads/discs after 2 minutes only... 😛
It must be a software bug.

I know, but the parts wear gradually as you use them from one championship/event to another. shakedown damage and wear counts. you just got quite unlucky.

3 minutes ago, ianism said:

I know, but the parts wear gradually as you use them from one championship/event to another. shakedown damage and wear counts. you just got quite unlucky. 

idk... May you right, it could be a random wear out / parts break down. But it's quite unusual

@mesa yeah it's rare if you have the upgrade(s) for parts wear

Posted (edited)

the community events generally pay out more than racing against the AI. for example, a 7-8 stage weekly community event will pay out more than one 7-8 stage event in the career mode events against the AI.

you also get cash simply for completing the community events, on top of the cash you get depending on where you place. i finished the Germany weekly event yesterday and received around 48,000 credits just for completing it, then when the event pays out next week i'll receive even more credits depending on where i place. that 48,000 should be enough to cover most of your repair costs unless you completely trash the car. the weekly events generally pay out in the region of 150,000-200,000 credits as long as you place in the top two tiers.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Sometimes things start to wear on my car but I will wait until it really needs to be done before repairing/replacing. If you fix everything every time it picks up a small amount of damage then you will be creditless very quickly!

• Agree 3

18 hours ago, Pfei said:

Absolutely agree with this 👆

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Me too, wouldn't even mind if the hc dmg setting only affected me. Don't need extra credits as reward or anything. I just want the same damage as I run elsewhere in the game.

• Agree 1

On 5/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, Pfei said:

To level the playing field between multi - millionaire day one players and noobies (actually, just as a general idea of adding some incentive for restraint just like real rallies) there should be a limit on parts in Weeklies and Monthlies. Limited sets of brake rotors, body panels, dampers, shocks, radiators, etc... 

This way even people with twenty million saved up will have to be careful on track.

This.  Absolutely.  

I’m one of those day-one multi-millionaires with more credits than I know what to do with.  Need more of a challenge managing my funds and equipment, and I don’t even incur that many repairs on a regular basis and still finish tier 1 and tier 2 regularly.

Since the latest update I’ve had only one instance of sweating out and actually putting any thought and strategy into repairs with hardcore damage enabled in career mode.  I can go kms and kms without spending more than 10,000-20,000 credits in a 8 stage rally.. but your mileage could vary.

Looks like custom offline championships are my future if I want a real challenge with repairs (charged to my account or not).  Less service stages = less driving like a lunatic.