GRID development team insight

On 6/26/2019 at 5:04 AM, madcowie said:

Don't think you understand how this works. So basically codemasters put everything in the game the day of launch. All 3 seasons, everything. You pay £50 And get minimum content, they then charge you another £30 for what's already in YOUR game. It's NOT developed after launch. I call it greed. So basically you will pay full price for a cut down game then half as much again for everything. On top of that they will use everything from all the other grid games and not model any new locations. Well maybe 1 or 2. Codemasters just remastering what they already have. If you have grid with all 3 seasons you will probably have the same content as grid autosport had. Sorry to say the truth but that's how codemasters work these days.

We have no information yet, we only have twelve cars confirmed [LINK] and no tracks seen other than the fact Sheet Ak1054 provided in another topic (and the most recent tweet from the official grid account). They have no plans to include all 3 seasons at launch, as it would be impractical to do so since there is only less than three months from the time of this response. therefore they have to get everything ready for release and announce the cars, features, and tracks as we approach launch, and keep the hype train going and live up to that certain hype. They are also listening to the community on dirt and the F1 games so far, so I wouldn't think that they would screw up now.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:37 PM, warpengage said:

I say not true. At least in DR 2.0 this didn't happen. DLC was not in the base game and was only introduced after release. That's why there are 4.5 GB patches for a few minor corrections, it's the DLC arriving in preparation for release the following week. That content was not available at launch.

Also Remaster =/= copy-paste. By what you're saying, any track that has appeared before is just copied, with nothing done to it, just because it was there before. That's a ridiculous view on what re-using assets is like. Often, only the base data can be used. Textures, road surface detail, environmental detail, all that has to be reworked. It's not hard to see locations are being rebuilt. Just look at Brands Hatch, which was in GRID Autosport and now looks much more like its real counterpart, not being 7 (or 8 )-car wide. It was clearly remodeled.

Finally, no new locations? Havana? Zhejiang Circuit? Sydney Motorsports Park? Silverstone? Shanghai?

Guess I know different mate considering I develop myself. Ohh I also built Zhejiang circuit myself. I built it 3 years before it was made for the owners to test. But hey ho will never win an argument in here so you win 🤣

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, madcowie said:

Guess I know different mate considering I develop myself. Ohh I also built Zhejiang circuit myself. I built it 3 years before it was made for the owners to test. But hey ho will never win an argument in here so you win 🤣

If you develop things yourself, don't just tell, show :classic_wink:. Then we can start taking the words of a master dev more seriously.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, madcowie said:

You... built the Zhejiang circuit?

On 6/28/2019 at 3:55 PM, Oscar97 said:

You... built the Zhejiang circuit?

Yes mate, I did some work for apex circuit design who actually designed the track. Therefore I built it before it had actually been made in real life.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, madcowie said:

Yes mate, I did some work for apex circuit design who actually designed the track. Therefore I built it before it had actually been made in real life.

Any proof of this?

Because, right now, I am pressing Y to "Doubt"

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, madcowie said:

Ok, I'll bite. Define 'some work'. I can be the guy who put a few ads on some billboards around the track and, technically, I'm still able to claim I did 'some work' on the track. So, just how involved were you with this project?

Also, CAD work is very different to modelling for a game, as there are various performance issues you have to take into account, when making a model for a video-game, that you don't have to worry about when you make a static digital scale model to show to some architects and businessmen.

I would also like to know what the time-frame was for making this track, to compare it with GRID's dev time.

Edited by warpengage

Do we have retirements (damage and/or manual)?

On 7/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, warpengage said:

Ok, I'll bite. Define 'some work'. I can be the guy who put a few ads on some billboards around the track and, technically, I'm still able to claim I did 'some work' on the track. So, just how involved were you with this project?

Also, CAD work is very different to modelling for a game, as there are various performance issues you have to take into account, when making a model for a video-game, that you don't have to worry about when you make a static digital scale model to show to some architects and businessmen.

I would also like to know what the time-frame was for making this track, to compare it with GRID's dev time.

I made the simulated version of the track using cad buildings/drawings. 4 months work. But whilst you feel the need to question me. Ive worked for f1 teams, game companies, lance stroll, David coulthard, Jason statham. So having been a 3d modeller for 10+ years I now publish my own games for xbox.