Latest patch status

Hey all,

Just been catching up with the development team and finding out where we stand with the upcoming patch. Tests are ongoing right now and submission isn't far away. Upon its arrival I'll have a full list of changes, but some of the things we're working on are:

- Increase in drop rate for top parts in VIP Daily Boxes

- Display fixes, including for the Rewards screen after GP Events

- Increase transparency of cars in Qualifying to improve visibility 

We've also been making improvements to AI behaviour, difficulty and speed, based on player feedback. In particular AI changes were made across League 5 to 1, in Sprint Race and Qualifying modes, as these were the areas most highlighted by players. If you've noticed any changes along these, feedback on this is always handy 🙂 Thank you! 

Wow great... on the way to another pay to play/win game...

32 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Just been catching up with the development team and finding out where we stand with the upcoming patch. Tests are ongoing right now and submission isn't far away. Upon its arrival I'll have a full list of changes, but some of the things we're working on are:

We've also been making improvements to AI behaviour, difficulty and speed, based on player feedback. In particular AI changes were made across League 5 to 1, in Sprint Race and Qualifying modes, as these were the areas most highlighted by players. If you've noticed any changes along these, feedback on this is always handy 🙂 Thank you! 

On events and singles mode would it be possible to have a total time clock AND a lap clock?

Also any update on the XP points?  We were promised some further developments for the more experienced/higher level players but I haven't heard anything in a while (maybe I missed it)

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

cool. Sprints are terribly broken - you don't cross the line at the same speed as your competitor so someone always has a 0.50 second advantage going into turn1. And don't even get me started on the Spa bug...

Edit: It has occurred to me that the Sprints are supposed to start you off unevenly and judge you based on your lap time, but then why bother having us cross the line at the same time?

Edited by PGIII
  • Agree 1

I feel for you Chris. You're the Sarah Sanders of Codemasters. Putting a positive spin on everything must be challenging, so take it easy, it's just a game after all.

• Agree 2

@ChrisGrivesMCM How about dynamic racing line? Will it be reversed back or stay as it is now? 

1 hour ago, Sacka said:

@ChrisGrivesMCM How about dynamic racing line? Will it be reversed back or stay as it is now? 

The line is OK for purchased cars, love to hear an explanation why?

Or if anything else? 

9 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Or if anything else? 

I saw that for Williams 3d dynamic line is corrupted also.

8 minutes ago, mattzd said:

I saw that for Williams 3d dynamic line is corrupted also.

Even more bizarre...

I lost my Williams car with the upgrade.

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Or if anything else? 

For custom cars is long red line before entering and after the corners. It makes me break too early or miss break point.

Another thing is ghost cars stays in front so hardly to see the line.

I know it does not happen to purchased cars. 

• Agree 1

Could be that some paying players were complaining that they don’t get their money’s worth with the paid cars. 

Then while trying to give some advantages to paid cars, they messed things up again. Just guessing lol

At least he didn’t promise world peace.  Maybe this patch will be the moonshot all of us are hoping for.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Sacka said:

It'll be reverted back - the recent change with the racing line was unintentional and we apologise for that. A fix is ongoing right and will be added ASAP 🙂

• Thanks 1