DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What's with the extra times of day in Historic Championships?

so as you may or may not know, there actually are more than 4 times of day in the game. but the others are only in Historic Championships. in addition to the "basic" 4 of Daytime, Sunset, Dusk and Night there's also Dawn and Sunrise.

but that's not all! in the rest of the game modes, Daytime stages are always at 12.00 or in the afternoon. in Historic mode, Daytime stages can be in the morning. and the lighting looks different from the "standard" Daytime lighting. similarly, you can have sunset, dusk and night stages which look different from "normal".

however, I've noticed that at least sometimes (not always) the Sunset and Dawn stages look very similar to Sunset and Dusk ones. check it. Peugeot is pictured at Sunrise in the H2 FWD Historic Championship, 2nd Event, Stage 4. Impreza is from a Custom championship where I picked the same stage, but at Sunset (and also in the dry, of course).

20190528141848_1.thumb.jpg.851dafc6e21e41880a91f42d8c0101e6.jpg

20190528144938_2.thumb.jpg.a559ebfac8ae4e45a85d0ba52bf3bf53.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You're right about them being the same; the sun isn't even on the other side.

Once rain is addressed, more times of day with proper lighting becomes my #1 request - I don't think we've even had the reasons it is like it is discussed.

• Agree 1

Interesting.

They just badly need to address the lack of ambient lighting in all the non-night time stages. This alone would be a massive step forward.

13 hours ago, ianism said:

so as you may or may not know, there actually are more than 4 times of day in the game. but the others are only in Historic Championships. in addition to the "basic" 4 of Daytime, Sunset, Dusk and Night there's also Dawn and Sunrise.

but that's not all! in the rest of the game modes, Daytime stages are always at 12.00 or in the afternoon. in Historic mode, Daytime stages can be in the morning. and the lighting looks different from the "standard" Daytime lighting. similarly, you can have sunset, dusk and night stages which look different from "normal".

however, I've noticed that at least sometimes (not always) the Sunset and Dawn stages look very similar to Sunset and Dusk ones. check it. Peugeot is pictured at Sunrise in the H2 FWD Historic Championship, 2nd Event, Stage 4. Impreza is from a Custom championship where I picked the same stage, but at Sunset (and also in the dry, of course).

20190528141848_1.thumb.jpg.851dafc6e21e41880a91f42d8c0101e6.jpg

20190528144938_2.thumb.jpg.a559ebfac8ae4e45a85d0ba52bf3bf53.jpg

I wish i was still a control pad user - 2.0 looks and sounds glorious in chase cams. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

I wish i was still a control pad user - 2.0 looks and sounds glorious in chase cams. 

keyboard for me.

I bought a PS4 controller to play DR2.0 when it came out, but I've played racing games (on PC) for so long with a kb that I'm way better at it... also those analog sticks hurt my thumbs when I'm playing a racing game with the thing. 😕

23 hours ago, ianism said:

Another reason why people feels Dirt Rally 2.0 is another unfinished game of Codemasters ... Also Every DLC (Monte, Swedem, Germany) has got less time / weather option

• Agree 2

On 5/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, RodgerDavies said:

I don't think we've even had the reasons it is like it is discussed.

I'll bet you it's because of lack of development time. and we haven't even heard a whisper about it, which means they can't guarantee it'll ever be improved upon, so at this point I doubt it'll ever happen.

Dirt 4 was so good in this respect and it's heartbreaking to see this one take a step back.

• Agree 1