Sign in to follow this  

Am I The Only One Excited For Group B Rallycross?

Exactly as the thread title says, just wondered if I am the only one who is excited to get some Group B rallycross cars in the game? They are less than a week away and I have seen hardly any comments about them!

Mixed feelings. Online there seems only supercars lobbys and don't expect a change there. But let's wait if they are different (would expect much more dufficult) to handle.

• Agree 1

Just now, Janneman60 said:

Mixed feelings. Online there seems only supercars lobbys and don't expect a change there. But let's wait if they are different (would expect much more dufficult) to handle.

Yeah. I am a little disappointed that the models (at least from the single image we have seen) don't seem to have been significantly changed from DiRT 4. I hope that the handling has been properly revised so the cars are a real challenge to drive. 

No you’re not, but I’d be even more excited if there were some ‘proper’ tracks to go with them. These current single line kart tracks with their gimmicky joker laps are nothing on the tracks I grew up at. 

20 minutes ago, RichWard25 said:

No you’re not, but I’d be even more excited if there were some ‘proper’ tracks to go with them. These current single line kart tracks with their gimmicky joker laps are nothing on the tracks I grew up at. 

Yeah. I am looking forward to seeing Buxtehude in game. Be great if we got Lydden added later!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah. I am looking forward to seeing Buxtehude in game. Be great if we got Lydden added later!

I don’t think we’ll ever see lydden come back, for the simple fact that it’s not part of the WRX. It was the same case with the dirtfish track in dirt4 they had the track but couldn’t make it an RX track because of the licence

Posted (edited)

keep in mind Estering isn't part of WRX any more either and they still made it DLC. sure it was in the championship in 2018, but Lydden was only expelled replaced one year earlier.

I think that if they release more RX tracks after season 2, one of them could very well be Lydden. I can't honestly see them making CotA - it was only in the championship for one year, and everyone seemed to dislike it.

anyways, I am medium-excited for the Group B RX cars. it'll be nice to have another RX class that's actually fun to drive, unlike RX2 and 1600s (sorry, it's just my opinion of course).

that said, I am more excited for Wales, more rally vehicles, more RX supercars (i20 and Skoda please), and Latvia and Buxtehude than I am for Group B RX

Edited by ianism

Is there a difference between Group B rally and the RX versions?  I didn't do much RX in Dirt 4.  Why are there no RWD only RX cars except for the go-cart? Seems like it would be fun.  I never heard of RX racing until I started playing Dirt Rally 1 a few years ago.  I am not very good at it but it is great fun!  

I am happy to try anything new as it comes out.

25 minutes ago, Bobby1976 said:

Is there a difference between Group B rally and the RX versions?  I didn't do much RX in Dirt 4.  Why are there no RWD only RX cars except for the go-cart? Seems like it would be fun.  I never heard of RX racing until I started playing Dirt Rally 1 a few years ago.  I am not very good at it but it is great fun!  

The Group B rallycross cars should have more power than their Group B rally equivalents. 

I think that the DiRT 4 RS200 and 6R4 were modelled on early 00's specification Group B rallycross cars (which were restricted), while the 205 T16 and Delta S4 were remodelled rally cars. 

Period (early 90's) Group B rallycross cars ran without restriction, with the most competitive cars having 600+ BHP. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ianism said:

keep in mind Estering isn't part of WRX any more either and they still made it DLC.

It was part of the 2018 season though which is what DiRT Rally 2 is based on

So, based on the latest news post, it looks like the Group B rallycross cars coming to DR2.0 are ported versions of those in D4. 

Fingers crossed they have at least been modified under the skin. 

14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

So, based on the latest news post, it looks like the Group B rallycross cars coming to DR2.0 are ported versions of those in D4. 

Fingers crossed they have at least been modified under the skin. 

the irony,   i'm not interested in gr. B  rallycross but i have it today, and you must wait until tomorrow...... 😢

pc elite vs console peasants  2-0 😂

Just now, teknoid85 said:

the irony,   i'm not interested in gr. B  rallycross but i have it today, and you must wait until tomorrow...... 😢

pc elite vs console peasants  2-0 😂

I assume it will be available from midnight for console users? Truth be told I have barely touched the PS4 for the last two weeks, work is horrendously busy and I am doing very long days, so I have had little gaming time...

...might see if the cars are on there later though. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

I assume it will be available from midnight for console users? Truth be told I have barely touched the PS4 for the last two weeks, work is horrendously busy and I am doing very long days, so I have had little gaming time...

...might see if the cars are on there later though. 

they are nice once you setup them to your liking

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

they are nice once you setup them to your liking

Fingers crossed the RS200 is a handful and goes sideways!

Just now, tbtstt said:

Fingers crossed the RS200 is a handful and goes sideways!

not if you drive it default 😄