Sign in to follow this  

racenet rankings full of cheaters

why does cm not kick all these cheaters in racenet? they are easy to detect, would cost you 10 minutes of worktime every week. do your job or close racenet, the way it is does not make sense at all.

What do u mean? Challenges or points leaderboards. Because there's wall riders a plenty in mount panorama this week. I'm top ten ps3 at the mo 2,15.8 which I think is pretty good without a wall ride, it's my PB I think. I've followed some ghosts and know for sure most above me are wall riders. I know, it's in the game blah blah so it's allowed. I get that but if people doing it then think that makes them good, then that is sad in my opinion. 

It should have been done properly. The more laps and longer races you do the more experience points you recieve. Also based on finishing position. 

2:15,8 is average time...u dont need ride  a wall for for time faster about 2 second...on youtube is few fast videos with 1:13,xx...im sure u find mistakes very fast))

I'm sure I could go faster, I only had 2 tries. I was so vexed about the wall riding ghost I was following that I got that time without really noticing at first. Just thought that will do. I rarely see anyone get into 2,15 in a race. Even when the leader has clear track and I know they're a fast driver. I'm gonna look at a few more ghosts later and see. I'm down to 12th or something now. Might try go for a faster time myself

I have ran a 2.14.1. It's mainly based on how well you take that winding section coming back down the mountain. You need to be almost flat out down there

... For the super ute, full damage is on (I believe as in most/or all) racenet challenges. So wall riding should do the car a fair amount of steering damage? (realistically). For the gt1 endurance, there are two chicanes that I have seen people cut, but if taken properly, the two chicanes shouldn't give them too much of an advantage providing all other sectors are taken well also. There is no reward in cheating, It takes away the incentive for all of us that set a fair pace time, as the result is stolen away by those who cheat. What can be done? Is there anyway of putting this straight or do we just have to sit back and swallow it?

It was acceptable in the Intel challenge.  
Apparently it's not cheating.  It's using your environment.  

That's what I remember reading during the Intel challenge.   

To wallride or not to wallride,  that is the question.  

It was acceptable in the Intel challenge.  
Apparently it's not cheating.  It's using your environment.  

That's what I remember reading during the Intel challenge.   

To wallride or not to wallride,  that is the question.  
That sounds a good excuse "using your environment" , the end result is still unfairly influencing the outcome. The question is, would you want that reputation? Really , this kind of result is obsolete, the fastest time is the one gained by racing the track, if racing was about , grinding walls, there would be walls, not tarmac, strips, sawtooths or the rest.

mpopa said:
why does cm not kick all these cheaters in racenet? they are easy to detect, would cost you 10 minutes of worktime every week. do your job or close racenet, the way it is does not make sense at all.
As already mentioned, they are not using any external methods to achieve their time. They use the flaws/ track shortcuts to gain a small time advantage.

Street challenge is good. Nowhere to cur there. 
Agreed, this week's formula c cannot be cut.Also for example, the time trials, pick say the formula a,b or c, hockenheimring, circuit of the Americas, tracks that have no places to cut or wallride (if you did wallride mount panorama the car would fall apart) , those times are guaranteed legitimate, fair results obtained by skill, there are fair and fast drivers in there.     :smiley: 

yes, in racenet challenges, the cheaters come and go, this week everything looks ok so far. but i was talking about the racenet overall leaderboards, just checked the austrian rankings,  nr 1, 3 and 7 cheated their level (high ranking with only a few wins and podiums). nr 1 has 18 million xp with only ~ 400 podiums. and the worldwide nr. 1 has 66 million xp with only 248 wins. it has been like that right from the start and nobody cared at cm.

Running Mt panorama in reverse gets rid of the wall ride. 

During the Intel challenge I did not wallride,  and like the others lost out.  

Racenet challenge I figured people will beat me by using it, so I'll use it.  

It shouldn't be possible but it is,  so use it or not,  it's never going to be patched. 

Wall riding was sort of validated by the Intel competion as someone has already mentioned.  As the cars do not actually leave the track limits and they get damaged it's a fair trade off apparently.
As for cheating, I am sick of it, the endurance this week Yas track cut has existed for some time in Grid, Grid2 and GA, so I am told and it's not been removed but as cars actually take advantage of CM missing this and then never fixing it it still goes on.  That is a cheat as far as I am concerned, like many others.  The other major problem are the users using Hacks, weight, speed, auto brakes etc..... this is really ruining Racenet Challenges and the online games.  I personally have almost reached my limit and am rapidly loosing interest in the game.  As everyone now thinks that if your a fast driver you must be using a cheat its getting common to be kicked out of a game before you even get started or after the first two races if you win. The problem really is that CM do not care nor are they prepared to fix the problems, or removed the blatant cheats from Racenet tables or the weekly competion since Loore left.  He at least used to look at our video's of people cheating and removed them when we proved the case. Now the game is rife with it and it will only get worse.  There are many users now that have been repeately reported for cheating and they are still in the game every week.  To avoid us catching them they are now using their cheats late in the competition so we don't get a chance to video their Ghosts, but regularly now my position changes over night and after the competion has closed there is no way for us to look back at the previous weeks times.  That's also part of the problem, the cheats are getting away with it.

mpopa said:
yes, in racenet challenges, the cheaters come and go, this week everything looks ok so far. but i was talking about the racenet overall leaderboards, just checked the austrian rankings,  nr 1, 3 and 7 cheated their level (high ranking with only a few wins and podiums). nr 1 has 18 million xp with only ~ 400 podiums. and the worldwide nr. 1 has 66 million xp with only 248 wins. it has been like that right from the start and nobody cared at cm.
I agree with most of what you say but we used to get Loore to remove the blatant ones each week.

Yeah, I really hate that yas marina massive cut. 

Its actually quicker to stay on the track,   if you take the stupid cut, yes your speed is faster, but your going waaaaaay wide, and wasting time that way.

Getting the chicane as FAST or faster is not that easy, thanks to being corner cut for using a bit kerb.

Forza style clean lap system is much fairer in my eyes,  plus the sticky grass if you go too deep onto the grass.

I know what u mean Rta but I'm top 20 still without a ride so I'll leave it there with my dignity and be happy with my top 5 street too. But admittedly I probably would wall ride in the comp for prizes if it was the only way I could win one. 

Its really down the game makers to think about these things during the testing phase.   Im sure its not that difficult to program in wall contact = slow down the car.  

But its only on one turn, and it doesnt work out in anyones favour when the track is reverse.  

Dammed if you do, and dammed if you dont.  

Forza style clean lap system is much fairer in my eyes,  plus the sticky grass if you go too deep onto the grass.
Yes, Forza's clean lap rule has allowed me many times to finish higher on the leaderboards than the lazy, dirty speedsters.