Sign in to follow this  

Underrated and Overrated drivers?

Problem with Hamilton is that he makes too many risky moves on his team mate to get into the lead.

Alonso is fast in race pace but Hamilton is faster overall and to me helps the team develop a faster car. 

Problem with Hamilton is that he makes too many risky moves on his team mate to get into the lead.
Besides Canada 2011 I can't think of something else, and that was in the wet.

Underrated - Chilton

Brilliant driver, really keeping up with the caterhams!!!! He is scoring the same amount of points as them and I am sure he will end the season on a high! 

Overrated - Far too many.

mike96 said:
This year must have slipped your mind ;)

mike96 said:
But they didn't make contact and it was great from both of them. Any racer would have pulled the exact same moves as Hamilton. If anything, Rosberg was the one taking the risks.

mike96 said:
But they didn't make contact and it was great from both of them. Any racer would have pulled the exact same moves as Hamilton. If anything, Rosberg was the one taking the risks.
Both would take risks, Hamilton will make a risky move going into and mid corner and the same with Rosberg but both haven't made contact yet.

So, anyway... back on topic:

Underrated: I might have to put Lewis in this list soon, seeing how well he's coping with the current F1 and its challenges. There have been some concerns in the past that the new F1 wouldn't suit his aggressive approach to a race weekend, but so far he has excelled in the "thinking mans formula" more than anyone else (bar Alonso of course).

At the moment, he has got the groove in how to be fast and clever with tyres, fuel loads etc.

In your face Alain Prost. ;)

mike96 said:
Yeah he's banned so how about we resume to the topic please :)
Agreed! 

What about Kubica? I can't place him in either the overrated or underrated category, there's just a lot of what if's with him for me. He was a great talent, but would he have gone to Ferrari and become Alonso's no. 2? Would he have stuck with Renault/Lotus and partnered either Raikkonen or Grosjean? 

I really really wish that his rally crash had never happened :(

Just a lil note you'll see that I've pruned this thread down considerably and a member has been banned for his actions this afternoon.

For the most part you all did the right thing by flagging the abusive posts and contacting us and I thank you for that but we absolutely will not tolerate threats of violence towards other members or bullying in any shape or form.

Let that be the end of it, please continue with your thread and lets not see a repeat of it please.

mike96 said:
Yeah he's banned so how about we resume to the topic please :)
Agreed! 

What about Kubica? I can't place him in either the overrated or underrated category, there's just a lot of what if's with him for me. He was a great talent, but would he have gone to Ferrari and become Alonso's no. 2? Would he have stuck with Renault/Lotus and partnered either Raikkonen or Grosjean? 

I really really wish that his rally crash had never happened :(
I'll go with the underrated one.  Especially some Renault drives were really good, fighting with the top cars on a number of occasions while the car's pace wasn't there.

EDIT: And here's one of his best laps ever in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD3sWbrEUPY

Kubica would have been world champion at some point if he hadn't had that crash. 
incredible talent, Alonso has said he was the best driver he'd raced with as well.

Just a lil note you'll see that I've pruned this thread down considerably and a member has been banned for his actions this afternoon.

For the most part you all did the right thing by flagging the abusive posts and contacting us and I thank you for that but we absolutely will not tolerate threats of violence towards other members or bullying in any shape or form.

Let that be the end of it, please continue with your thread and lets not see a repeat of it please.
Thanks Lee. It got a bit out of hand xP

Our first ban of the new forums? Anyway...MAL is definitely underrated...as a crash test dummy.

Overrated: Button - He is good, don't get me wrong, but honestly he is nothing too exceptional. Good in changing conditions and with managing tyres but lacks speed in quali. 

Underrated: Grosjean - some websites like WTF1 still talk about him crashing all the time, which is simply not true. He has had some good Quali performances this year and last year really challenged Kimi in the later half of the year.

AMS97KRR said:
Overrated: Button - He is good, don't get me wrong, but honestly he is nothing too exceptional. Good in changing conditions and with managing tyres but lacks speed in quali. 

Underrated: Grosjean - some websites like WTF1 still talk about him crashing all the time, which is simply not true. He has had some good Quali performances this year and last year really challenged Kimi in the later half of the year.
I disagree with Button, i think he gets far too much criticism. The man matched Lewis Hamilton 3 years in a row, and i think he's beating Magnusson this year? On phone, too late to check this out haha