Sign in to follow this  

Underrated and Overrated drivers?

fIsince08 said:
You say that @onetwothree, but he was close to Rosberg who was pretty close to Hamilton...
Who was pretty close to Alonso , who was pretty close to Trulli .... 

Comparing them like that is a stupid idea.

Hey, this isn't a lolling matter :p

How she's even considered an F1 driver is beyond me. Her career results have been well below average, and the fact that she's never won a race at any point in her car career, and has only twice ever finished inside the top 10 in a championship speaks volumes to me. There are so many drivers out there who are deserving of the position she occupies, but, and she can deny it and claim her place is on merit all she wants, a pretty smile and a pair of tits is good for marketing I suppose.

I'm not against a female driver being in F1, not at all,I'm against a driver with an awful record being given a chance that much more talented drivers aren't.

How she's even considered an F1 driver is beyond me. Her career results have been well below average, and the fact that she's never won a race at any point in her car career, and has only twice ever finished inside the top 10 in a championship speaks volumes to me. There are so many drivers out there who are deserving of the position she occupies, but, and she can deny it and claim her place is on merit all she wants, a pretty smile and a pair of tits is good for marketing I suppose.

I'm not against a female driver being in F1, not at all,I'm against a driver with an awful record being given a chance that much more talented drivers aren't.
But, but.... she's female. You know. Or so.

All drivers should no doubt be chosen for their merits rather than other factors like money, gender or nationality.
She's very attractive though so disregard that I just said that.

No way, is that actually true?! That is appalling that she has that kind of form yet is the test/reserve driver for the third/maybe even second fastest team in Formula 1.

Yes in DTM she only scored 4 points over six seasons, according to Wikipedia. I don't follow DTM so have no idea how close each team is, it would be understandable if she was in the DTM equivalent of a Minardi. She did okay in Formula Renault though although still not the form you would expect of someone who is in a top Formula One team.
The probable reality is that she's only involved in F1 because of Toto and the fact he's a shareholder in the Williams team.
That all being said; she wasn't that far off Felipe in the free practice session she competed in.

Yeah it is probably down to Toto but being Williams having a female driver is good from their point of view.

Im guessing that's why Massa and Bottas are going so fast recently.

Maybe their car is just average and they are just outperforming  it to impress the new girl, you know, alpha male stuff, claim your territory and the woman! :P :P

Most overrated: Kimi Raikkonen, I bet even Vettel(not as strong as Alonso) would outpace him despite being beaten by Riccardo.

Underrated: Nico Hulkenberg, I place this guy near Hamilton & Alonso. Probably a better driver Rosberg.

SASBlink said:
Im posting on behalf of joey Barton.

Overrated - Lewis Hamilton and his dog!
Underrated - Joey Barton!

It's a good thing nobody takes him seriously.   :#

To be honest, I don't think he is a very good role model. Would you tell your kids to be like him? (And I don't mean Rich and dating Nicole Scherzinger)

AMS97KRR said:
To be honest, I don't think he is a very good role model. Would you tell your kids to be like him? (And I don't mean Rich and dating Nicole Scherzinger)
In the way that he's humble, appreciative, never forgets to include his family and tries to involve them as much as he can, remembers where he came from, and gives huge amounts of his time to meet fans to thank them for their support and make them happy? 

I'd happily tell my kids to look up to him as a role model. He's a much better person to look up to than say a bunch of drugged up attention grabbing pop stars like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, One Direction, Etc. Etc.

Completely agree. On his steering wheel when he starts up his car it comes up with a picture on the steering wheel screen saying 'We win and lose together', really a reference to his fans, who else has something like that. Bet no one has, just a picture of the team logo or something...

Yeah, that aspect is fine, but the image he gives off to people aside from that isn't really positive IMO. 

One could say that being comfortable with who you truly are is more important than worrying about how your image holds up to other people though.

As long as you doesn't become a genuine nuisance who directly has a negative influence on people.