Sign in to follow this  

Underrated and Overrated drivers?

Just want to hear your thoughts on a few which you believe match the title of this thread :)

Underrated- Bruno Senna. I have always liked him for some reason, some would call him slow, I would call him unlucky. Throughout 2012 he was far more consistent than Maldonado and on the long run, showed himself to be the better driver. Yes, Pastor had a few good drives, but if it was not for that win he had, Senna would have outscored him. Pastor- 20 points without the win and Senna- 31 points. Senna was also taken off by Schumacher (get well soon) in Spain in 2012 and was looking at a points finish himself. Senna was also unlucky not to get the drive at Brawn GP in 2009. He would have racked up one or two wins.

Overrated- Webber. (DONT HURT ME ;.;) I think the reasons for this are obvious.

Underrated: Maybe Giorgio Pantano? I think he only did like a few races and he retired for most of them, but in other racing series he was apparently really quick.
Overrated: I would say Webber actually

Overrated: Bruno Senna (all of the short-lived hype around him was only down to his second name, Pastor might have been less consistent in 2012 but it takes two blind eyes to ignore the fact that Bruno was simply not even on par with his teammate back then. Lost 18-2 to Pastor in qualifying, nuff said about sheer pace. Those who say he was underrated, ask yourself this one question: Would you have ever given a damn about that guy if he wasn't in any way related to Senna? No? There you go. Even Vitantonio Liuzzi has impressed me way more than Senna. Ow, you forgot who Liuzzi was? There you go again.

Underrated: Sebastian Vettel. Let's be honest: Most experts and fans have named Alonso as being the best driver around in the last couple of years, no matter how well Seb was doing. Some people still believe he's bad at overtaking which imo is far from truth as we've seen a couple of times already. Surely, if you've got the car to dominate from the front then overtaking is pretty much impossible, but whenever he needed to get past someone, he made it stick. Plus his consistency and tyre management, at least before 2014, has been exceptionally good too.
Ask me again at the end of 2014 and I might change my mind about him being underrated, but only if he continues with this poor form. And quite frankly, as much as I would love to see Daniel outclass him, it's simply not gonna happen. Seb's one class higher than Dan imo.

Overrated: Massa, Maldonado

Underrated: Marussia's designers. I mean, if they can make a car go without a driver, imagine what they could do with a little bit of funding. Right?

Overrated: Sebastian Vettel, Sergio Perez, Paul Di Resta
Underrated: Adrian Sutil, Nico Hulkenberg, Rubens Barrichello

Overrated: Kimi Raikkonen
Underrated: Sebastien Vettel (depending on whether your a fan or a 'its just the car' guy)

Overrated: Raikkonen- he's my favourite driver but he's lost some speed since 2009 and I have doubts if he can even be classified as a top-tier driver anymore. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Underrated: No one. Any driver who's put in a couple of decent performances has gotten his fair share of praises. How many drivers are there that haven't been called 'incredibly quick on their day'?

Overrated and underrated: Vettel, by virtue of the massive spectrum across which opinions of him can be found.

Underrated: Chilton (finished all races in 2013, and the 2014 so far.) only has a bad car

Overrated: Vettel

Underrated: Chilton (finished all races in 2013, and the 2014 so far.) only has a bad car

Overrated: Vettel
No way on earth is Chilton underrated haha, he's been comfortably beaten by Bianchi for a year and a bit! 
And he's been incredibly lucky to not have a reliability issue, or a crash.  

M4X Chilton: World champion in the making Luke. Don't deny what you know to be true :p Championships are won with consistency, not speed ;)

M4X Chilton: World champion in the making Luke. Don't deny what you know to be true :p Championships are won with consistency, not speed ;)
yeah you've got to give him credit for consistency needs a better car though to prove anything more than that though at least a crack at a Sauber or Force India before he can really be judged in that departmenta

yeah you've got to give him credit for consistency needs a better car though to prove anything more than that though at least a crack at a Sauber or Force India before he can really be judged in that departmenta
He is in last place for 90% of his races though, so he isn't going to crash out unless he's a complete tool and slams himself into a wall. And he's been incredibly lucky with reliability.

His car doesn't matter, if he was a great driver he would be matching his team mate or beating him. Alonso stood out when he was in a Minardi, Chilton just looks like Yamamoto. 

Well since Yuji Ide's fantastic F1 stint, he has won 0 races, so he is therefore more underrated than Yamamoto.

Well since Yuji Ide's fantastic F1 stint, he has won 0 races, so he is therefore more underrated than Yamamoto.
You're right! How could I neglect Ide?! He actually came second in a championship, twice! Amazing driver.