Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashing on Win 10 1903

2 hours ago, MistaNULLSkillZ said:

Sorry, you re-installed Windows because of a single buggy game?

As I mentioned above, F1 2017 and GTAV are working fine. Yesterday I installed just for fun F1 2013 and everything went well.
Codemasters should fix there buggy F1 2018!

And when I read all the topics herein, I see that they released F1 2019 as beta for full price.

@Frumens76 has fixed the game with 419.67, it's 430.86 that has the Steam overlay issue (according to CM). If you read the Nvidia forums, the 43x.xx branch is causing a lot of negative feedback. And to be fair to @MistaNULLSkillZ, 431.18 is a Hotfix driver (Hotfix means "fixes a specific issue", i.e. if your specific issue / setup was NOT caused / affected by the latest release then it's of no use to you) F1 2019 isn't officially supported yet with a GameReady release.

Just be wary of switching between Standard / DCH drivers too. Not sure if the clean install will offer 419.67 DCH or Standard, you can check (or basically you can load the store app, thereby having no NVCpl).

Windows Update DOES offer DCH drivers for supported Intel GPUs. I reinstalled 1903 ahead of the release of F1 2019 and WU installed an old 2017 driver for my RX580 (non DCH, I believe DCH support was first in 18.2.2) Also this is happening with Realtek UAD drivers too (new driver model), the standard HDA driver is deprecated.

So, driver downloads are worth deleting. Use the latest driver, update when available, check it works then only revert 1 step if you have a specific issue.

@steviejay69 Before 1903 I was using 430.86 without any problems. My F1 2018 is crashing when I start career, championships and online. Time trial and GP are still working!
If you look some posts above, the behavior is the same if I am deactivating Steam overlay.

So in my opinion my problem has not to deal with the driver.

45 minutes ago, MistaNULLSkillZ said:

@steviejay69 Before 1903 I was using 430.86 without any problems. My F1 2018 is crashing when I start career, championships and online. Time trial and GP are still working!
If you look some posts above, the behavior is the same if I am deactivating Steam overlay.

So in my opinion my problem has not to deal with the driver.

Well, you're quite possibly right. F1 2019 has the issue with 430.86 and the Steam overlay, unless it is affecting other games. I can'tverify as I don't have F1 2018 installed, nor an Nvidia card.

OP here, I didn't realise there was so many follow ups.

Basically I'm back here because the game is STILL crashing out on me, and I'm now onto F12019 getting the exact same problems on a whole new set of Nvidia drivers.  I've already tried moving the game to me C:\ drive, I've reinstalled, reformatted, I've even got a different 2080Ti (moved from the FE to a MSI model), it's just the F1 games that this happens in and it's utterly unplayable.  I've not been able to finish the first GP in Australia in career mode for it, and I can't do more than 2 time trial laps for it bombing out.  

Sent the EGO dump reports into Codemasters all along but what is a definite here, is that they don't give a flying **** in a high wind.

My crashing stopped (AFAIK, it's early days) with 18362.239 (July Cumulative) but I got a new AMD driver (19.7.1)

This months updates also include .NET Framework and there was a transition to Steam Common Redistributables being packaged alongside games.

It's quite possible that in-place upgrades to Windows and the Steam Common Redistributables are either breaking drivers or the runtime ecosystem. Just a theory, but it's such a s***show that unless your set of updates in whatever order, maintained or unmaintained or from whatever previous version of Windows you upgraded from USED to work, they may well not work after an upgrade. One installer might make it's software function, but may break others.

This is based on the number of queries about in-game audio issues with the engineer voice commands that requires (Kinect for Windows) runtimes that need reinstalling after the game worked previously and is the solution to getting 90% of them working again.

A reinstall of the game will invoke the runtimes at first launch in most cases. DDU will fix your drivers.

I am not a developer or a programmer but I have come across the want of certain pieces of software being finicky over the precise runtimes installed side by side to actually function when the OS upgrade delivers an updated version of runtimes integral to that OS upgrade. Backward compatibility is for the most part not guaranteed and installers will install older runtimes because they are not aware of newer builds.

Like I say I am not privvy to (and have absolutely no interest in) such issues and discussions or community knowledge, except when it causes grief for end users.

So, if you KNOW different, please comment and enlighten. I'm not saying this as fact, it's supposition.