Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross & Ford RS200 Evolution - Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

I see a few more people having this issue, will have an ask around and see what’s the best way to resolve it.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I see a few more people having this issue, will have an ask around and see what’s the best way to resolve it.

Also have this issue, deluxe version, all previous DLC's worked perfectly, PSN says I've downloaded the DLC but the game says I still need to. PSN: insertevillaugh in south africa and I think we use the EU PSN store if that helps.

Anyone got some good setups for the RS200 Evolution?

I'm using it at the moment in Career, could do with a bit of tinkering 🙂 

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I saw this thread started by you and read it as an announcement of the beginning of Year 2 content. dammit, haha

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ianism said:

I saw this thread started by you and read it as an announcement of the beginning of Year 2 content. dammit, haha

It was my first DLC release for this game, my thread titles have gotten better since then 🙂 

(speaking of, updated this one)

18 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It needs more poooooooooower! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

It needs more poooooooooower! :classic_laugh:

I thought you would say it is not in the correct spec. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I thought you would say it is not in the correct spec. 😂

The text has been corrected, but I still think it is underpowered! 

@PJTierney I've only just seen this so I guess I'm a bit late. I use to pick the RS200 but I wouldn't say I have a setup for it. I just moved a few sliders randomly back and forth ^^ Works for me at least (kind of). Nothing that you couldn't figure out yourself. though. If you want I can share it. I think in these cars the most important thing is the gearing. You need to make sure that you stay in the right RPM range when accelerating out of the corners because otherwise - as you surely know - it takes approximately 100 years to get that turbo spooling. 

...and yes, it needs more power. ^^ 

Edited by richie

On 2/7/2020 at 11:06 PM, PJTierney said:

maybe more the question is, is what you currently feel with the car and what you think is needed? A set-up is something personal imo. Can be depended on driving style and even controller set-up. With a wheel I prefer the car moore loose at the back, while on a normal controller, i want a more stable car. So the question is, how does the car feel now, and what it need according to you?

---------------------------------------------

I know the MotoGP games (and I think Project CARS aswell) have a engineer. And I think this could be a major improvement to DiRT. Because an engineer in the game now is not really something important.

This would be a nice helpful "tool" in the game for the less experienced set-up guys in guiding in the basics of the set-up and at the same time learning.

Just with a few simple questions the engineers helps you to change the set-up (look at 1:25) in the video below.

If DiRT would get this "simple" tool, the developers need to keep in mind a few things:
- Is the car-front wheel drive, rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. 
- Is the car front, mid or rear engined.
- What surface is the location.
While the basics would be pretty much the same, there are differences in how things work between these three aspects.

Also one thing is missing in DiRT, that is that set-up changes also take time. Repairing the car already takes time in the game (in a more realistic way than previous DiRT games), but a set-up change also takes time. So while at the start of the event you can do all set-up changes you want, during the rally this is more difficult because of the limited service-time.

And in a career the time for repairing/set-up changes can also be depended on your team. If you have a bigger/experienced team, it will take less time, while with a smaller/inexperienced team this takes more time. So you probably run out of time faster.

Also one thing with this engineer that should be developed, is that with an inexperienced engineer he could ofcourse make mistakes easier than an engineer which has a lot of experience. Next to that you can bring in a "potential" factor. A young engineer has maybe a lot of potential, but no experience. Maybe in the beginning he/she makes more mistakes, but in the end will be a very good engineer. While an older very experienced engineer has a lower potential, meaning he will be very good at the beginning and makes less mistakes, but maybe not takes the full potential out of the car.

@JorritVD I'll need to drive it again to get a proper feel, been a few days as I've focused on rally this weekend.

I felt reasonably competitive at Catalunya but the AI is notably fast there, so I may have an easier time at the other tracks.

28 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

@JorritVD I'll need to drive it again to get a proper feel, been a few days as I've focused on rally this weekend.

I felt reasonably competitive at Catalunya but the AI is notably fast there, so I may have an easier time at the other tracks.

The AI is super fast at the hairpin sections (joker and non joker corner). The rest I think the AI is good at the track.

just wait till you visit Lydden Hill or Mettet in the dry. They will probably crush you.