"Reset Progress" doesn't reset credits or cars

I've posted this in the Bugs thread but I wanted to know if anyone else is getting this or if it's just me.

Wanted to reset my career, so I went to "Reset Progress" in options and all that happened was my competitions were reset but I still had all my cars, including cars I had purchased, and more importantly, still had all my credits which I hoped would be reset to 0.

All I want is to start again with just a Fulvia in my garage and 0 credits, ideally no other DLC cars either - that's always felt a bit weird to have them put in your garage from the beginning.

Is this a bug or is there something I haven't done correctly?

Edit: I've also tried "Reset All", which included making a new driver, but I still had all my cars and credits, which is even weirder really.

Edited by s00zster

It's not a bug, they somehow don't want your online My Team progress to be reset. Don't ask me why.

You can sell all cars. Buying and selling will lose you some money, so that should allow you to get close to 0 credits.

3 hours ago, Lenman said:

It's not a bug, they somehow don't want your online My Team progress to be reset. Don't ask me why.

You can sell all cars. Buying and selling will lose you some money, so that should allow you to get close to 0 credits.

Have they actually said that it's not a bug?

It's completely ruined the game for me. I've tried working around it but it's just a mess now, and I've gone from being disappointed to angry. I've barely scratched the surface of a game that I've spent out on DLC for and absolutely love (I've only owned it for 2 weeks), and now suddenly I feel like chucking it in the bin because every decision I make is irreversible and now the mess I've got my save into trying to rescue it can't be reversed either.

I've seen several posts from people feeling the same way as me over on Steam and Reddit, but I can't find any official feedback on the issue.

what kind of decisions are you wanting to reverse?!

On 6/5/2019 at 4:59 AM, ianism said:

what kind of decisions are you wanting to reverse?!

Initially my progress was hampered by my wheel not performing correctly, and then I started getting the sound bug which caused me to lose tons of progress by having to retire competitions because I didn't know how to fix it, and I just wanted to start afresh now that I've fixed everything. I tried to work around it by buying and selling cars and putting money into my crew but it just doesn't feel right, it feels like a mess. I just want to start from nothing again as if I've just got the game.

@PJTierney Are there any plans to make "Reset Progress" include resetting cars and credits to 0 as if you'd just got the game? Dirt Rally had this, it was great to just press a button and start again from nothing.

I can ask and see what’s up with that.

Just a random idea, have you tried playing on a different RaceNet account (if that’s possible)? It could be that your My Team progress is tied to your RaceNet details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Just a random idea, have you tried playing on a different RaceNet account (if that’s possible)? It could be that your My Team progress is tied to your RaceNet details.

I didn't know you could do that, I could try making a new RaceNet account. Thank you.

And thanks for looking into the issue. 👍

+1 for resetting all progress for single player championship. Sometimes people just want start from a fresh clean state when maxed out everything, bought all cars etc. Certain people like the grinding in games.

You can buy sell cars to loose money/cars but you wont be able to reset the progression of your team members...

At least we should have the option for full reset. 

• Agree 1

On 6/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, PJTierney said:

Finally replying to this after several months - my PC went kaput the night I last posted in this thread (June 7th!) and it's taken me up until now to build a new one.

Unfortunately, I've tried making a new Racenet account and somehow everything (credits, cars etc) has stayed tied to my save, and I don't even know what to do now. Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that their OCD symptoms deriving from an autistic spectrum disorder is making this situation a bigger problem for them - I'm in the same situation, the inability to have control over my progress actually makes me feel physically uncomfortable. It doesn't reflect what I've been doing at all, even moreso now that I've been trying so many suggestions. I just want to start from the beginning again.

*Please* give us a Reset Save option so we can put cars and credits back to starting conditions like in Dirt Rally 1.  @PJTierney

Edited by s00zster

@s00zster just sell all the cars you have, buy new ones, sell them again. repeat. it'll whittle down your money till it's gone. you can retire every event in each career mode championship to drop down a level until you're back in Open class. you can't do anything about the team upgrades, but everything else is erasable as far as I can remember.

and sorry about your computer 😞