Sign in to follow this  

Recent AI tweaks - got any feedback?

Hey all 🙂 

In between working on changes and improvements for patches and Update 6 (which isn't too far away now), the team have taken on community feedback and made adjustments to the AI. The goals of these changes were to: 

- Balance out the difficulty across all race types (Qualifying, Sprint Race, Grid Start) 

- Better balance of difficulty and potential win rate across Leagues 5-1 

- Reduction in aggression or unrealistic/unreasonable behaviour from AI 

We announced these live changes over the past 10 days or so, but are eager to see the thoughts of our most engaged players to see how the changes are performing, and what more can be done. 

So: have you noticed the changes? If so, what do you think of them? Ideally, what further changes, if any, would you make to AI behaviour? All clear and constructive feedback will be assessed by the team to decide what steps to take next.

Thank you 🙂

Posted (edited)

Maybe you finally answer about important bugs like SPA sprint , connection stability or performance and take any responsibility instead of topic removing?

Are you interested only our moneys or more happy players? 

Deleting critics is not a proper way... 

Regarding AI... For me now is good. Good player can win with bots.

Edited by mattzd

8 minutes ago, mattzd said:

Maybe you finally answer about important bugs like SPA sprint , connection stability or performance and take any responsibility instead of topic removing?

Are you interested only our moneys or more happy players? 

Deleting critics is not a proper way... 

Regarding AI... For me now is good. Good player can win with bots. 

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

- As stated, the issues with the Spa circuit have been logged with the team and they're working on a resolution 

- Any posts that are removed/hidden will be those that do not meet our Terms of Service, which includes offensive, aggressive, disrespectful or personal comments any staff or fellow member of the community. Please feel free to message me if you have any further concerns on this 

- That's great to hear you're seeing a positive change with the recent AI tweaks! We'll keep trying to optimise this 🙂

Posted (edited)

Thanks for reply 😉

Yes, for me AI is far better than previous including less aggresive, but when i try to hit them, sometimes they sliding from left to right causing really big crash, they are trying to hold line by making impossible turns.

Edited by mattzd

I think AI behaviour has improved as well! 

Minor irritation: Track records should be shown as ‘1:08,436’ and not as ‘1:8,436’.

• Agree 1

I noticed I can keep up and even pass AI cars now. Then later when I launched the game, the AI went crazy. Spazzing out and colliding with each other, flying into the air, playing chicken driving in the wrong direction, and swiping me and sending me careening off into the wall when I try to overtake at a fast turn (Spa, especially). I restarted the game and all but the swiping are gone. I still get careened off into the walls when I try to overtake. Does this help?

AI has definitely improved. Thanks

Posted (edited)

The AI has been exhibiting strange behavior today. In one race, one AI swiped another so hard, the swiping AI went under the other AI. In another instance, there was a bit of an AI derby and one unlucky AI was sent flying up. Then there was the case of one bot that had its indicator suggesting it was to my right except it wasn’t because I was right up beside the wall. Just minutes ago, a bot bulldozed it’s way past me twice and then started bouncing. That was a new one.

Edited by Fierce

19 hours ago, Fierce said:

The AI has been exhibiting strange behavior today. In one race, one AI swiped another so hard, the swiping AI went under the other AI. In another instance, there was a bit of an AI derby and one unlucky AI was sent flying up. Then there was the case of one bot that had its indicator suggesting it was to my right except it wasn’t because I was right up beside the wall. Just minutes ago, a bot bulldozed it’s way past me twice and then started bouncing. That was a new one.

Hahaha! They should leave the bouncing and flying cars in. It makes it more fun. They should just admit defeat and turn this game into a flying game. They seem to be headed in that direction.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1