Sign in to follow this  

Reduction of standard weekly/monthly events to only one?

it was planned that having two of each it was only for season 1? im disapointed cause now the variety will be much less

we (me and a few other people on the forums) were asking for DLC content in the D+ events, because deluxe edition (D+) owners get the DLC automatically, so it's stupid to not give us more variety.

instead(??? I don't know, I am just guessing these things are connected) they seem to have made extra "bonus" events: partially to showcase the new RX DLC (there's now a weekly RX event, which has never been the case before), and maybe also to have more DLC content available in My Team mode.

these "extra" bonus events seem to have replaced the standard ones... there's exactly the same amount of new bonus events as the standard events that disappeared

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I don't play career so just doing one daily event each day would be just like playing the original DR.  3 to 7 minutes and I'm done playing... This way I get to play for at least 30 minutes with all the extra loading times.  Plus I get to hoard more credits 🙂

• Agree 1

Dailies were my favourite way to experience DiRT Rally 2.0 as a player, and once I get settled in in my new place I want to get back into them 🙂 

Just out of curiosity, what do you all want to see out of Daily/Weekly Challenges? Anything specific, more/less frequent etc.? People read the forums 😉 

Maximizing variety is what I like to see most.

• Agree 2

I want to see a proper monthly championship with all 9 rallies and 7 plus stages in each rally. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Dailies were my favourite way to experience DiRT Rally 2.0 as a player, and once I get settled in in my new place I want to get back into them 🙂 

Just out of curiosity, what do you all want to see out of Daily/Weekly Challenges? Anything specific, more/less frequent etc.? People read the forums 😉 

season 1-2 content in the D+ events?

more Bonus events are cool, but I feel like the amount of My Team non-DLC owning players can play to should be more than it is at the moment

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'd like to see something like a 'bi-monthly'. An event that pays out every 2 weeks. So like something in between the weeklies and monthlies. Most of the 'monthlies' can be finished in a day or two, and the 'weekly' events in one sitting. Then it's kind of a long wait and just doing dailies until the payout. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Hardcore damage for some would be a good start. Some more DLC content in the mix would be nice as well. Seems like most every single daily/weekly/monthly challenge is made only of the base locations, outside the "bonus" ones for the most recent DLC releases.

I don't have Deluxe so I'm not sure of the D+ ones are any different, but I did purchase the individual locations. I don't see why a 3+ event monthly with say Sweden can't have the prompt to buy the DLC if you don't have it, and forbid you to enter if you don't have it yet, like the bonus DLC events do. @Kjell007's suggestion of all 9 rallys is a good one, especially since we're still limited to 6 in the Career championship, just please don't lock it behind D+ !

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

I'd like to see something like a 'bi-monthly'. An event that pays out every 2 weeks. So like something in between the weeklies and monthlies. Most of the 'monthlies' can be finished in a day or two, and the 'weekly' events in one sitting. Then it's kind of a long wait and just doing dailies until the payout. 

Just because I like being pedantic you probably would want a fortnightly as you might be waiting a bit too long for a Bi Monthly payout!

One thing I would like to see inside of the Monthly events is the ability to see how many stages per event there are. Couldn't stand doing 10 stages round Argentina in a Fulvia. 

2 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

Just because I like being pedantic you probably would want a fortnightly as you might be waiting a bit too long for a Bi Monthly payout!

One thing I would like to see inside of the Monthly events is the ability to see how many stages per event there are. Couldn't stand doing 10 stages round Argentina in a Fulvia. 

I can't recall exactly where, but you can see the number of stages per event, while doing the monthlies... Sorry not being able to offer more help.. 

1 hour ago, Opassac said:

I can't recall exactly where, but you can see the number of stages per event, while doing the monthlies... Sorry not being able to offer more help.. 

I know you can see them once you've done the first event in the monthly but haven't figured it out before you commit to it.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:

I know you can see them once you've done the first event in the monthly but haven't figured it out before you commit to it.

Ahhhh, i knew it was visible, not sure where and when 😄... thanks for the heads up... 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, pyide said:

Hardcore damage for some would be a good start. Some more DLC content in the mix would be nice as well. Seems like most every single daily/weekly/monthly challenge is made only of the base locations, outside the "bonus" ones for the most recent DLC releases.

I don't have Deluxe so I'm not sure of the D+ ones are any different, but I did purchase the individual locations. I don't see why a 3+ event monthly with say Sweden can't have the prompt to buy the DLC if you don't have it, and forbid you to enter if you don't have it yet, like the bonus DLC events do. @Kjell007's suggestion of all 9 rallys is a good one, especially since we're still limited to 6 in the Career championship, just please don't lock it behind D+ !

Agreed, and for those who haven’t got the content, you should get the choice of buying the DLC in question, or skip to the next rally. 👍🏻

Edited by Kjell007
  • Agree 3