GRID 2019 - If you had one wish...

So - now that the dust is settling on the announcement of GRID's return, I wanted to try something a little different... 

To be honest, it's been brilliant seeing the excitement from you guys, as well as on the social channels and Steam Community (check them out if haven't already, btw) regarding what we've announced and what's been revealed so far. We're very pleased with the current setup for GRID, but are always keen to get your thoughts on where our focus should lie

Already I'm seeing cool threads on what you're liking the look of so far; ideas for other content; favourite memories. Let's bring all that together! If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

Don't worry about being too vague or too specific - interpret the question however you want. It can be a specific car you want to get behind the wheel of, a certain emotion or feeling you want from the game, a tiny little feature that many wouldn't even notice, but you'd love to see - whatever it is, we want to hear about it!

I'm pretty sure we'll get a wide range of responses, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and respond to as much as I can 🙂

As always, feel free to drop me a message if you have any queries or thoughts regarding the game! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I want to see Ravenwest come back. I think they will be a great competitor to Fernando Alonzo's FA Racing team, and they will be recognizable from the start. If it doesn't happen, then I will make a team named Ravenwest for the reason of because.

"Ravenwest Motorsports are a class act. Just do your best kid, You can't do more."

Edited by CordedQuill
My favorite Ravenwest Quote.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

@ChrisGrovesMCM I've sent you a PM on it but, since you're asking here: I'd like a mode for just setting up a custom race with any car, any track, any livery, any race distance and just have fun racing! :)

Edited by warpengage
  • Like 1

It may sound a bit bizarre but I would like the option in a custom setup race to include no disqualification for stopping or driving backwards, an "Anything Goes" "Stats Off" lobby, why? because in the original grid I liked to join games with known crashers (as they become known) and really enjoy outwitting them. It was a great way to unwind and have a non serious time racing.

They liked crashing and I liked beating them :)

And all tracks all cars would be welcome too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Pit Stops! Online with mandatory Pit Stops was so much fun back in the day and added a little strategy.

But i have to have two wishes rather than 1...

Has to be great with a wheel and have great FFB out of the box. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1

The audio design is up there for me, excluding the cars and such. GRID: Autosport had a nice soundtrack. Phonat music and the minimalistic menus and Ian Livingstone's epic music in the race replays/results got us a nice mix of peaceful and ******* panic 😛 

It seems that the announcer will commentate the race (if what we saw wasn't added in post, please confirm this Chris) which will be interesting. There is almost no reason to have an announcer if he is calmly talking about the pink Force India livery when you crash out like in F1 games.

I can't really say what I want as it's not something I can explain in words. I will wait eagerly and hope I like it 🙂 

• Like 1

I would like the return of Kirk Thornton as the pit chief. He was the best chief of all 'GRID' games so far. It was the pleasure to listen to him while racing. Besides, I had written about him before. So please Codies, let it happen. I believe that the rest of the game will be OK.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Loving the comments so far team - some really interesting stuff! Keep 'em coming 🙂

By the way, following yesterday's Google Stadia news, did anyone spot this? 😉 

Hehe.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I wish we get proper deformation from damage like in Grid 1 and not toned down and completely muted damage like in dirt rally 2. The parts falling off and other details like scratches and chips have gone up in detail but the actual metal crunching and deformation has regressed quite a lot in recent games. I used to spend hours making cars look like bananas in grid 1 and 2. 

Edited by Bluestig
Extra details

2 hours ago, Bluestig said:

I wish we get proper deformation from damage like in Grid 1 and not toned down and completely muted damage like in dirt rally 2. The parts falling off and other details like scratches and chips have gone up in detail but the actual metal crunching and deformation has regressed quite a lot in recent games. I used to spend hours making cars look like bananas in grid 1 and 2. 

'DiRT Rally 2.0'? I would rather say that like in 'DiRT Rally'. In DR 2.0 damage model has been improved but it is still not the same level like in 'DiRT 3' or previous games. I tested it personally.

What I mean is the deformation as I explained in my comment. The car deformation in the new codies games after grid autosport have been quite rigid and not as soft. As you said, older games had waay more deformation and crumpling. 

More base game content emphasis rather than  a part game with "dlc" to pad the rest of it out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluestig said:

What I mean is the deformation as I explained in my comment. The car deformation in the new codies games after grid autosport have been quite rigid and not as soft. As you said, older games had waay more deformation and crumpling. 

Well I'd say this kind of depends on the game. For example the F1 series has never really had any deformation at all probably due to either technical or licensing issues (or just not having enough time to do them 😛 ) GRID19 seems promising though with the doors opening mid race and stuff.

1 hour ago, AaronDix said:

More base game content emphasis rather than  a part game with "dlc" to pad the rest of it out.

We may have to wait until E3 (If Grid 2019 shows up on Microsoft's or Sony's E3 reveal) to answer your question

17 minutes ago, CordedQuill said:

We may have to wait until E3 (If Grid 2019 shows up on Microsoft's or Sony's E3 reveal) to answer your question

Question has been answered already. There was a fact sheet shown in another thread. 12 locations only. No drift no demo derby. 3 dlc content packs anounced already.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AaronDix said:

Question has been answered already. There was a fact sheet shown in another thread. 12 locations only. No drift no demo derby. 3 dlc content packs announced already.

The fact sheet is PRELIMINARY, that means that it may / may not be accurate as time goes on. It is too early to call that a game will not have drift or demo derby. We still have until the 13th of September for information to be added. That is 3 months and 5 days from the time of this response. Even if the game did launch with that level of content i would still buy it regardless. Your wish is still your wish however, so although I disagree with your response, it still stands as YOUR wish.

Edited by CordedQuill
Bolded some words for context purposes

I would like to play in official multiplayer with players using the same settings as me. Let me explain, Im a player who plays without assists, manual gearbox and interior view, on grid autosport its a great driving experience but only offline or private game because the official multiplayer is completely unbalanced against players using the assists and very arcade. So why not on GRID 2019 an official PRO driving lobby with more xp than others. it would be a great pleasure :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

An expansion of Grid 1's career mode. In addition to selecting sponsors and creating a team brand, Dirt 4's elements of hiring and firing personnel should be included.

Many real race teams run up to 4 cars in races. How about besides letting us do this, we run things like driver development programs and assign certain drivers to certain cars. Have us make choices if certain races are held on the same day. We should also be able to customize our teammates' cars separately so we can tell them apart; for instance, like how in IMSA cars on the same team will have different colored wings or windstrips.

• Like 1

Since it is supposed to be real Grid1 remake then i wish it had 2 things that made the original game So enjoyable. Shame Such a Great game as GAS lacks it i think its high time to repair it. 

1. Bring Text chat back, simple small interface one (grid1 like, not that dirt3 like with big letters, after few sentences all conversation was scrolled behind screen and context was easily lost, it didnt help) . Most of us dont use VoIP, for various reasons. Specially in public lobbies. But Text chat is a great tool that keeps community closer. Also Let us text right after joining the race lobby, it woudl make waiting for next race enjoyable. 

2.same Goes for spectating. Let us spectate right after joining the lobby, and not only after you started the race. This Way the waiting for the race woudl be bearable.

What has always kept getting on my nerves was looking for lobbies and then after joining waiting for Just started race to finish. I always wiished i cud spectate the race killing time or Text "hi all" grid 2008 style 🙂

• Agree 2

Split screen. We still play Grid Autosport this way, fantastic fun. Please keep this feature!

On 6/9/2019 at 9:02 AM, CordedQuill said:

The fact sheet is PRELIMINARY, that means that it may / may not be accurate as time goes on. It is too early to call that a game will not have drift or demo derby. We still have until the 13th of September for information to be added. That is 3 months and 5 days from the time of this response. Even if the game did launch with that level of content i would still buy it regardless. Your wish is still your wish however, so although I disagree with your response, it still stands as YOUR wish.

Well given the  listing on my game stores website has that same info I would say it is already a given. 

Posted (edited)

After the fiasco of Autosport upgrades doing nothiing to the cars and the promises to fix this (later this plan was dumped) and the trend in going backwards in more recent games TBH if you want the contents of MY wallet I'd wanna see a pre-release demo.

I wanna know how the game plays on my system not a 3rd party "Impression".

I got caught out by Grid 2 vids "looking the part" to find it a drift to win mess with so little difference between assists on/off to make them (assists) pointless. Grid 1 had such a wide gap between assists on/off it was like 2 completely seperate games assists on was great arcade racing, assists off was far more sim racing territory.

For these reasons it's a no buy without a demo for me......

Edited by [SRS13]Rastus
  • Agree 2

What I wish is very simple. A great game with a lot of tracks and cars in the final game. We saw some racingtracks like brands hatch but I think it needs more real tracks like old grid-tracks like Spa, Jarama and Istanbul in the final game not dlc, because you split the community. I am affraid of this Grid flops it will be the end of the franchise. If Codemasters get it right in the final game content wise then it will sell enough and they will go on with the franchise and we will see a new Grid on the Ps5. If they screw it up it is game over for Grid. Fingers crossed then.

"Fiasco" of upgrades doing nothing ? People really couldn't care less about them. And a level playing field is always welcome.