GRID 2019 - If you had one wish...

One wish... hmmm, I'd say really a GT Sport competitor when it comes to multiplayer, so a sort of rating, you know. Something where I can just pick up the pad (or the wheel if the handling is ok), go online, have some battles and have fun, with different classes

• Thanks 1

A slightly tweaked menu system that allows for a bit more... freedom? (for lack of better words)

E.g. in GRID 2 on PC to mute someone in the lobby, it's two button presses, but then ingame / during the race you have to wait for the scoreboard, open their Steam profile from there and mute the person there. Not quite intuitive, and apparently not well known from what I've gathered from voice chat ūüėõ

Another example is adjusting or checking audio and control settings, have to completely leave the race.

(and text chat please for those without a mic ūüôā)

• Agree 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, AaronDix said:

More base game content emphasis rather than  a part game with "dlc" to pad the rest of it out.

Race Driver GRID was so nice because everyone had everything. In GRID 2 I do not own the DLC cars and they are always the first in the lists, which always looks a little... off. Would be nice to just hide the content I don'T have if there's no way to avoid the DLC stuff.

14 hours ago, imbbs said:

Race Driver GRID was so nice because everyone had everything. In GRID 2 I do not own the DLC cars and they are always the first in the lists, which always looks a little... off. Would be nice to just hide the content I don'T have if there's no way to avoid the DLC stuff.

Not exactly "everything", the Console version had a 8 Ball dlc, and for PlayStation 3 users only, a Prestige dlc. You could get the DLC for PC theoretically, but you should proceed at your own risk when doing so.

But as AaronDix said, there was a seemingly lower disc content displayed in the fact sheet in another topic. and his wish was to make it look like it had more content at launch. The most infamous Codemasters game to hide extra content behind a paywall was Dirt 3 (For ME). many of the vehicles were locked behind a paywall and unless you had the complete edition, you had to pay real world money to get that content.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

"Fiasco" of upgrades doing nothing ? People really couldn't care less about them. And a level playing field is always welcome.

It was a fiaco putting in the "Upgrade" system because it DID nothing whatsoever but was touted as a feature.

Personally I agree with you said yourself about a level playing field being welcome I preferred grid 1 for that exact reason the cars were all "Stock" as in everyone got the same car, tune, upgrades etc. Apart from the "Ebay Cars" which were eventually banned from online play returning all online race events to standardised cars.

It meant it was all about driving skill not tuning/engineering knowledge.

It made for faster paced racing (time between races was short as there was no need to tune the car).

It made the racing more visceral BECAUSE we all had the same toys. The levels of damage were insane, Assists off vs Assists on was like getting a perfect start in a 700BHP Viper by mashing your finger on the Gas vs having to balance the gas perfectly with the clutch (if you had one), get it right and you're fine get it wrong and you were facing the wrong way in a heartbeat...

Yes there were "unicorn" cars in each class (there are in ALL racing games tbh).

Grid was the reason I got a 2nd GPU for crossfire, Built my 1st Eyefinity rig, made it worth investing in my 1st steering wheel (Good old DFGT), It's why I started my wee Youtube channel as well...

When the Grid 1 servers died I was No 285 in the world for total XP, I also briefly held 2nd on the ESL Grid 1 on 1 Drift ladder. Not because I'm a good racer but mainly because of the time invested mastering the game itself. myself and many friends played 1000's of hours. We continued playing even after the servers died using Tunngle to play online via LAN effectively....

If drifting ISN'T in the game thats half the nails in the coffin already for me and many of my good friends from SRS13 and other drift teams like us which actually STARTED because of Grid.

A practice session of mine at Long Beach.....

Followed by a recording made by a good friend Zappac who along with Avail became the core of the SRS13 team in a drift session, Shout to the guys from Kami-DT too we had many great sessions with those guys just like this.... BTW we all have assists off, manual shifting, Avail and the Kami-DT team were usiong controllers, I'm using a wheel but Zappac the Hoonatic recording this is on Keyboard.... 

Drifting as part of the main plot no but definately there NEEDS to be drifting options online. I was Still pretty good at the racing as well though. Ninja difficulty racing coming up

Autosport came closest to the original 2 was a mess in my opinion, drifting being hampered in a big way (only solo drifting) no more 5-8 car poetry in motion sessions through clouds of tyresmoke to some bangin tunes..

The fans of the original game even got labelled as "Gridders" because there were so many of us who were I guess a bit "fanatical" about the game, more so about the community it spawned.

Grid 1 and Codies had played a big part in our lives..

I've owned most codies racing games from Toca 2 onwards, played the McRae games, had Dirt 1 & 3 even showdown, *sigh*, Dirt Rally... Oh and F1 2010-2012 so Codies and I have history, sadly from where I sit there's been a general decline with one or 2 semi precious gems in there ever since Dirt 3... Dirt Rally had me hooked for a while.

Autosport on the other hand got me a weeks noteriety for being the only gamer outside the "PRESS" with access to the game plus the pre-launch servers. I was gifted this access for sending a guy I know over in Greece a gift (he was out of work and having a run of bad luck in life), We've never actually had the pleasure of meeting but because I could afford it and he needed it, I sent him my last CPU, Mobo and RAM when I upgraded it all as his was end of life, his 550ti was still capable enough though?

When his 550ti BSOD'd after a driver update 2 months before Autosport launched, He desperately asked for advice on Codies forums and mentioned my gift in the process and this is why it all came to Loore's attention.

Much help was offered by forum users but sadly, the 550Ti had moved on to silicon heaven, 2 weeks later Loore sent me a message asking if the 550ti problem got fixed and I replied saying no and I'd ended up sending him one of my 6970's as an added surprise so He'd be ready to go on launch day, Plus He said the least he could do was buy me a Copy of Autosport (even though broke and not working)

Loore told me My friend didn't need to worry as he'd gift me a copy for being a nice guy during hard times. He then sent me a code for the press version of the game on condition of agreeing to wait before publishing any vids until press reviews went out. Hardest 5 weeks of my life keeping my gob shut I can tell you...!

So my biggest hit (LOL)¬†youtube vids were published a week before Autosport launched, the same time PRESS reviews went up, So I got loads of hits as a result¬†ūüôā

Soz for the waffle (I hope it was worth the effort if you made it this far) but at the end of the day? Despite all "The history" recent let downs and disappointments (IMHO) means. No demo, No pre-order.

No drifting? That would make it a no buy either way but thats just me.....Keep it as a side game and at least let us DRIFT!!!!!

Diagonally parked in a parallel Universe...

SRS13Rastus

Posted (edited)

Definitely right there with Rastus about drifting. The whole ordeal about what made GRID such an enjoyable and repeatably great experience was the drifting aspect of the game.

Although blazing through street tracks at extreme speeds with GT1 and Prototype cars was fun, and hotlapping competitive sweat inducing laps round after round with other players right there kissing your rear bumper was a pretty immense experience, you can't compare that feeling to trying to control the constant chaos of seeing the back-end of your car trying to escape from you and getting so good at it you constantly come up with more and more insane tricks to keep you (and your friends) entertained... Like going through the Long Beach drift circuit excess of 120-150kph, doing 360's, overtaking your mates and leaving them flabbergasted at the stunt you just managed to pull off, all while gently caressing the edge of that hard concrete barrier at the exit of the corner with your bumper.

There are just no words to describe the enjoyment, and the freedom of drifting with your mates having a great time together creating mayhem around the circuit and laughing about how the guy leading the group apparently can't escape from you no matter how hard they keep stepping on the gas pedal! 

Edited by Zappac

I want more online features. Tournaments, seasons and trophys! All i had to show for my amazing online stats in autosport was just that, numbers in the stats. I want players to fear their opponents , get the blood pumping and have something to aim for when playing online. Add divisions as in Rocket League and season Awards.

Lets be honest. Singleplayer is fun but repetative. The real fun is out there, on the grid facing and racing other players. Even if they sometimes smash you to dust in the very first corner! 

• Agree 2

Great news for those who want Ravenwest come back (also me).

'Ravenwest. Just our luck. We should aim for 3rd.'

Kirk Thornton

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Great news for those who want Ravenwest come back (also me).

'Ravenwest. Just our luck. We should aim for 3rd.'

Kirk Thornton

My wish has became true. Remember my wish as the first one.

Now, about that RX7 ...

It looks more like a D1GP than a Super Modified, so is that Evidence that drifting will come back?

Edited by CordedQuill42
Drat. Well there is still hope drifting will come back ...
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

My wish has became true. Remember my wish as the first one.

Now, about that RX7 ...

It looks more like a D1GP than a Super Modified, so is that Evidence that drifting will come back?

Hmm...

Drift RX7 from GRID:

latest?cb=20140606120246

Super modified RX-7 from GRID:

Panspeed-Mazda-RX7-2.jpg

Ravenwest car:

rx7.jpg

Massive dive-planes, front splitter, minimalistic mirrors, lower rear wing, cooling louvres over the widened wheel arches... well, sorry guys but this is clearly a car prepared for serious time-attack, going forward fast and as smooth as possible, not sideways.

EDIT: I was right.

Edited by warpengage
New info.
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

So - now that the dust is settling on the announcement of GRID's return, I wanted to try something a little different... 

To be honest, it's been brilliant seeing the excitement from you guys, as well as on the social channels and Steam Community (check them out if haven't already, btw) regarding what we've announced and what's been revealed so far. We're very pleased with the current setup for GRID, but are always keen to get your thoughts on where our focus should lie

Already I'm seeing cool threads on what you're liking the look of so far; ideas for other content; favourite memories. Let's bring all that together! If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

Don't worry about being too vague or too specific - interpret the question however you want. It can be a specific car you want to get behind the wheel of, a certain emotion or feeling you want from the game, a tiny little feature that many wouldn't even notice, but you'd love to see - whatever it is, we want to hear about it!

I'm pretty sure we'll get a wide range of responses, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and respond to as much as I can ūüôā

As always, feel free to drop me a message if you have any queries or thoughts regarding the game! 

I'm an old grid1 player. Years ago in this forum i said that grid1 can be considered as the 'halo' of racing games.

Did you ever saw Jaime Griesemer interview speaking about halo ? that 30sec of fun he talk about is the heart of the succes, the fun and heart of the game.

They can replicate the success, cause they not change what people are used to have fun with.

So Codies can ''reboot'' the game, and maybe reboot the old fun also.

I'll not be vague. I know exactly what is the fun made of, specially regarding the online side, the most important side and what keeps player join the game after years:

1- A lot of people likes tuning, and a lot of people like fair comparison (stock car without tuning) of time lap and driving-only performance. If you want to bring tuning into the game you should set the options online for tuned lobby and stock lobby.

2- Leaderboards, the challenge is about that. Leaderboards listed online only for stock car racing. Lobby with tuned car must be not ranked or must have a completely separate leaderboard section.

3- TEXT CHAT ingame and into lobby. Simple as that. Without text chat the game is mute. (you can't rely on steam chat !! )

4- SPECTATOR MODE FROM LOBBY WAITING. (and text chat also inside spectator mode, as the old grid).

Why that points ? 

Old grid was funny online cause you can wait to join race by text chat and spectate and talk and see what happen into the lobby.

A game without text chat is mute, without spectator mode if you want to join the lobby where your friends are already racing you have to stare the lobby wall for minutes. This break the game and the fun.

So you can bring all the news you want into the reboot, is also important to keep things that made grid1 a bafta winne, a funny game and the most populated racer online after years. (the server shut down kill it, otherwise people would still be there).

Thanks. Jo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

So you can bring all the news you want into the reboot, is also important to keep things that made grid1 a bafta winne, a funny game and the most populated racer online after years. (the server shut down kill it, otherwise people would still be there).ÔĽŅ

Hey Flash, Long time no see... I've mentioned a bit about us old "Gridders" here and in other threads

Gotta agree with all your points Grid 1's popularity wasn't just about the game but that it spawned a community, chatting in the lobby when you joined mid race and sat watching the race finish, or cheering on friends was an integral part of what made it so special. By spectating in the lobby you could learn an awful lot.

I know I did watching guys like yourself, Assiemodis, Captain Jack, Camarimore, PureEvil, McRoss, Zappac, Ozpro, ZeroDK, UltraBarbie and so, so many others, many of us became friends, joined clubs, leagues etc. just BECAUSE of these features...

P.S. I wondered how long it would take you to appear!¬†What kept you? ūüėú

Posted (edited)

Hi flashstealth long time to see you both in CM forum but also on steam you are not connected for about 300 days... I agree with you but not very optimistic about they will add text chat /spectator mode as despite we asked for it thousand of times for grid 2/gas they did not add it also latest cm games have not such features,  drift abd derby is not confirmed yet as well 

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Like 1

I'm like a sleeping volcano ahahahah well just life keep me busy and once a year i check on steam for news.. i live in many digital worlds, so not easy to keep update everywhere ūüôā

I'm glad to see you all !! And i remember years of grid1 playing was the best funny times online ever...

I also i'm not very optimistic about this reboot. Marketing destroy everything touch it, and this happen badly to grid saga. Is a fact that codies was not able to replicate what made grid1 a masterpiece. So i already know, we are talking to the wind… anyway october is enough far to add this 2lines of code feature, for a company named ''codemasters'' lol should be easy.

Let's see‚Ķ and keep n touch ūüôā¬†

Hi all. I am an old fan of grid games. I liked different aspects of the games. Grid is the best, 2 had a good mood, liked the whole career game, the cars etc but the handling was terrible. 

In the next game i would like to see 

street race class (like in earlier games, street cars with little modification)

some kind of car upgrade system or upgraded cars in different levels

Thanks

Am sorry its been a super long time i didnt log in here & the only reason i log in this time is for one question only .. is this Grid 2019 going to have cockpit view ??

Sorry i lazy to do search or browse around for the answer. Thanks first.

27 minutes ago, TenderSurrender said:

Am sorry its been a super long time i didnt log in here & the only reason i log in this time is for one question only .. is this Grid 2019 going to have cockpit view ??

Sorry i lazy to do search or browse around for the answer. Thanks first.

1443452569_Beztytuu.thumb.png.e574897db4ac54eb5217dc1d8bc6fa85.png

Oh yes man, it is. What is more, the cockpit view is like in 'DiRT Rally 2.0', not like in 'GRID Autosport' (the one from GAS was some joke). Just look at this wonderful cockpit.

2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

1443452569_Beztytuu.thumb.png.e574897db4ac54eb5217dc1d8bc6fa85.png

Oh yes man, it is. What is more, the cockpit view is like in 'DiRT Rally 2.0', not like in 'GRID Autosport' (the one from GAS was some joke). Just look at this wonderful cockpit.

First of all thanks for the reply .. I hope this cockpit is not a mod like this Grid - Drift.

By the way is this image taken from a gameplay video ?? If yes mind share the link of the video ??

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, TenderSurrender said:

First of all thanks for the reply .. I hope this cockpit is not a mod like this Grid - Drift.

By the way is this image taken from a gameplay video ?? If yes mind share the link of the video ??

Thanks again.

Oh yes, yes, this is from gameplay video. Here is the link.

Enjoy the cockpit view in action.¬†ūüėä