GRID 2019 - If you had one wish...

7 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Oh yes, yes, this is from gameplay video. Here is the link.

Enjoy the cockpit view in action. 😊

Alright TQ :classic_happy:

I would love to see dynamic weather, mainly so we can see the return of the multi class Le Mans race like from the original GRID. Also, lots of replay-ability, racing games usually lack this since they lack a sense of progression. Give us plenty of single and multiplayer content to play with and give us things to work for, exclusive cars or liveries and such to show off in online races, allowing you to display your achievements and accomplishments. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

So - now that the dust is settling on the announcement of GRID's return, I wanted to try something a little different... 

To be honest, it's been brilliant seeing the excitement from you guys, as well as on the social channels and Steam Community (check them out if haven't already, btw) regarding what we've announced and what's been revealed so far. We're very pleased with the current setup for GRID, but are always keen to get your thoughts on where our focus should lie

Already I'm seeing cool threads on what you're liking the look of so far; ideas for other content; favourite memories. Let's bring all that together! If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

Don't worry about being too vague or too specific - interpret the question however you want. It can be a specific car you want to get behind the wheel of, a certain emotion or feeling you want from the game, a tiny little feature that many wouldn't even notice, but you'd love to see - whatever it is, we want to hear about it!

I'm pretty sure we'll get a wide range of responses, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and respond to as much as I can 🙂

As always, feel free to drop me a message if you have any queries or thoughts regarding the game! 

ONE WISH....ONE WISH... does one wish include 2 statements. From what I saw on the trailer, I'm excited that it's coming back to its roots. With the style grids always taken with racing and the unpredictable events that happen maybe finally we can have a drone spectator camera/replay camera that the player can control. Here me out:

I don't know if you've seen any of JohnnyFPV videos, prime example: 

Would be an insanely cool feature to have across all racing games. Where this kind of content can be made with a robust replay/spectator camera not only for youtube/twitch creators but also E-sports events. Having in-depth camera angles brought by a skilled "spectator". A high visual fidelity is needed to make this work great. I'm talking Driveclub greatness here. Anyway that's my wish.  

Don´waste Dev time just update your Pc.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

small niche group of players made even smaller,lol

im cranking out over 100 fps on other recent CM titles,lol

refer to thread title,lol

Edited by ch3sty

5 hours ago, ch3sty said:

small niche group of players made even smaller,lol

im cranking out over 100 fps on other recent CM titles,lol

refer to thread title,lol

Is there really any proof of this? or are you just saying that because you have 100 fps (Which is impossible), the game has to support dx11.

Because that is basically what you are saying.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

So - now that the dust is settling on the announcement of GRID's return, I wanted to try something a little different... 

To be honest, it's been brilliant seeing the excitement from you guys, as well as on the social channels and Steam Community (check them out if haven't already, btw) regarding what we've announced and what's been revealed so far. We're very pleased with the current setup for GRID, but are always keen to get your thoughts on where our focus should lie

Already I'm seeing cool threads on what you're liking the look of so far; ideas for other content; favourite memories. Let's bring all that together! If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

Don't worry about being too vague or too specific - interpret the question however you want. It can be a specific car you want to get behind the wheel of, a certain emotion or feeling you want from the game, a tiny little feature that many wouldn't even notice, but you'd love to see - whatever it is, we want to hear about it!

I'm pretty sure we'll get a wide range of responses, so I'll keep an eye on this thread and respond to as much as I can 🙂

As always, feel free to drop me a message if you have any queries or thoughts regarding the game! 

I put the op here so peeps can read again if need be.

Well according to this i can ask for dx11 support as a wish, lol

Yes i get over 100 fps in 2 recent CM titles, like dirt rally 2.0 and f1 2019, not impossible, so not sure what the problem is, lol

( i was told to upgrade my pc, hence the reason i said i get over 100 fps in games) lol

Yes from what i can see sales of racing games tend to be much lower than lots of other games, like total over all sales. I mean just browse steam games and you will see.

and steam is what im obviously talking about if I ask for dx11 support.

so ........If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be? 

so my wish is for dx11 support, per the title and op post, lol

the min. specs for Grid 2019 say win 10 and dx12

Edited by ch3sty

Yeah of course i ment the hardware when you complain you only have Win 7 and i say just upgrade your PC... lol

Just upgrade your Pc to WIN10 ! 

Win7 is dead in a couple month when MS stops the support so no need for CM to support a dead OS and waste development time.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Yeah of course i ment the hardware when you complain you only have Win 7 and i say just upgrade your PC... lol

Just upgrade your Pc to WIN10 ! 

Win7 is dead in a couple month when MS stops the support so no need for CM to support a dead OS and waste development time.

I did not complain I only had win 7, may have stated a fact that Im still on win 7 in another thread.

win 7 support stops in lik a lil over 5 months but it far from dead.

my 1st post this thread i asked for dx11 support and you said

19 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

hence my response to you in second post.

@Ak1504 do you just follow peeps and troll them if they have a different opinion than yours? Reading through the posts in this thread you didnt post anything the OP asked like...... If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

I say again.......DX11 support please, others are still releasing games using it.

MS has even opened up some of DX12 for win7, not sure if that would help in this case or not.

I apologize immensely if I somehow hurt your feelings or if I offended you.

Wasnt a big deal.... just my wish since a CM member asked for peeps wishes. I wasnt rude.

I even put a lol after the dx11 support like kinda joking not thinking they would really do it but maybe they would notice they was excluding some peeps 

Edited by ch3sty

52 minutes ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

Hey @CM,

I have an old Pentium III PC somewhere in the basement, any chance for a support for my old machine?

🙂

At least inform us the general area where you live, so we can call the fire department to look for the cloud of black smoke that's, inevitably, going to happen when you try to run GRID on that.

• Haha 1

VR!!

And good support for the fanatec podium series.

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, I. SoSlo said:

I did not complain I only had win 7, may have stated a fact that Im still on win 7 in another thread.

win 7 support stops in lik a lil over 5 months but it far from dead.

my 1st post this thread i asked for dx11 support and you said

hence my response to you in second post.

@Ak1504 do you just follow peeps and troll them if they have a different opinion than yours? Reading through the posts in this thread you didnt post anything the OP asked like...... If you had one wish for what you wanted from the return of GRID, what would it be?

I say again.......DX11 support please, others are still releasing games using it.

MS has even opened up some of DX12 for win7, not sure if that would help in this case or not.

I apologize immensely if I somehow hurt your feelings or if I offended you.

Wasnt a big deal.... just my wish since a CM member asked for peeps wishes. I wasnt rude.

I even put a lol after the dx11 support like kinda joking not thinking they would really do it but maybe they would notice they was excluding some peeps 

I agree with Ak1054 here, Gaming software ages and eventually becomes obsolete over time, leading to the (Average) owner eventually upgrading or replacing it. 100 FPS may be better than 60 FPS, but it is impractical to see the difference In my opinion and you would be just fine with 60 FPS.

You can just upgrade your PC to Windows 10, and get new DX12 Support for it. You do not have to purchase another PC. What I am seeing instead is a person who is trying to keep things the same (Even if it is outdated or obsolete) and gets offended whenever people tell them to upgrade your PC, when in reality, it is just as simple as getting Windows 10 (Or getting a computer that has support) and improving their DX11 to DX12 (New Software) , and then they can download it and properly run it on your PC.

And If you don't wan't to upgrade, there are still great games out there for PC. Getting Xbox Game Pass for PC (In its Beta state) gives you a ton of new games to play.

Edited by CordedQuill42
More info on the 100 FPS issue.
  • Like 1

If Ii had one wish then it would be for Codemasters to add in a patch that fixed the 'drive all cars' achievement in the original Grid and that way I can finally get my 1000 gamerscore...

Failing that i'd like to see online public lobbies where you can setup custom (or preset) multi-event points scoring champoinships. Grid 1 had it so I see no reason why it can't be implemented in Grid 2019.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:10 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

100 FPS may be better than 60 FPS, but it is impractical to see the difference In my opinion and you would be just fine with 60 FPS.

This is not true. Visually comparing a 144hz monitor and a 60hz one, there is a big difference. Also even if you have a 60hz screen, having more frames is better, because the system has more to choose from and input lag is reduced.

Just to thing could improve my perception from this game:

1) Full car damage;

2) Cockpit view;

2 minutes ago, LottaLava said:

1) Full car damage;

2) Cockpit view;

It has both

11 minutes ago, LottaLava said:

1) Full car damage;

2) Cockpit view;

Yes, as KreuZen NL said, you have got both of these things in new GRID.

The main one is: ''I wish codies read this thread at least once''. 

too much marketing (ultimate edition) and too few listen the community.

This will be another game built with template and short expiration time i suppose… 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

The main one is: ''I wish codies read this thread at least once''. 

too much marketing (ultimate edition) and too few listen the community.

This will be another game built with template and short expiration time i suppose… 

Yeah, I was quite annoyed when I got to know that the game is supposed to be released on 11th of October instead of 13th of September just because they want to advertise it more. I would understand if it was all about fixing bugs, mastering the work (here, the game). Probably there wouldn't be any difference if the game came out earlier in September. Also I am worried about my wish of having got pit chief from 'Racedriver GRID', as I haven't heard him in the latest gameplays so far. It would be good if they managed to make all our wishes (If you had one wish...) true. Then everyone would have got what he/she wanted and everyone would be happy. And all that would make any sense. 😕 

I want the damage of Race Driver: GRID to return,.. and taken from the PEGI 3 rating I doubt it is back!

2 hours ago, DxBang said:

I want the damage of Race Driver: GRID to return,.. and taken from the PEGI 3 rating I doubt it is back!

PEGI rating? Seriously? Actually, I don't know what you mean by saying something about PEGI system but anyway, who cares about PEGI? Nowadays children buy GTA games. 18+ doesn't mean anything today. It is nonsense.

Drifting.

Drifting was one of the things thats gotten me to come back to the first grid multiple times. I wouldnt mind if the drifting was like G:AS because that was pretty fun too.

I probably wont be buying the game at launch/at launch without drifting

3 hours ago, Sylvershadowolf said:

Drifting.

Drifting was one of the things thats gotten me to come back to the first grid multiple times. I wouldnt mind if the drifting was like G:AS because that was pretty fun too.

I probably wont be buying the game at launch/at launch without drifting

Sorry about that

Drifting will not come back at launch, but may return in a future content update.

• Disagree 1