Jump to content

GRID 2019 - If you had one wish...

Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2019 at 1:51 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

Sorry about that

Drifting will not come back at launch, but may return in a future content update.

Big mistake since drifting in that game was the most fun. 

I really don't like the wording used "may return"... (saw it in a tweet from Grid 2019 account)

Feels like a "If we sell enough games we MIGHT, if we don't we MIGHT not." kinda deal.

And especially worrying since the roadmap for the forseeable future is already set with no mention of drifting. 

Edited by MikeDaPsyke
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MikeDaPsyke said:

Big mistake since drifting in that game was the most fun. 

I really don't like the wording used "may return"... (saw it in a tweet from Grid 2019 account)

Feels like a "If we sell enough games we MIGHT, if we don't we MIGHT not." kinda deal.

And especially worrying since the road map for the foreseeable future is already set with no mention of drifting. 

Drifting is controversial here on this forum, so I am going to tread carefully here to avoid any attacks.

You may be referring to race driver grid when you say "Drifting in that game". Autosport had great drifting, but the game itself wasn't being treated well review wise.

In reality, Codemasters has a long post content path for the new GRID, including all of its post launch tracks being free (from the first track inclusion), to being able to rent any car (including DLC) for FREE. Yes you cannot change the livery, yes you will have 10 percent of your winnings taken away, but at least you be able to use the car.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Not Specified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 7:53 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I don't understand something. How could drifting be controversial? Or even very controversial, as you have said? 🤔

Take a look at the "Grid will feel empty without drifting" topic. The original posters got really toxic and became aggressive to anyone who disagreed with them AFTER @ChrisGrovesMCM confirmed drifting would not come back at launch (Before that they just chimed in about why drifting could be fun in the new game). This was the reason I quit the Forza Motorsport Forums (About the Lego Speed Champions DLC), but I tried to tell one of them to calm down (Not be a jerk when you criticize Codemasters Decisions) but he got upset and ignored it. Then the topic escalated into a large battleground which caused me to get depressed. After I got help, I knew from that moment forward to tread carefully on sensitive subjects like this.

Sorry If I offended anyone over this post. I am not worried about drifting returning.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Highlighted key words.
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully customisable offline championship mode

Its the thing that's been missing from every racing game for the last few years. People have been shouting for it in Project Cars and its still not been confirmed, even with PC3 in the making.  A mode where you can choose your races and events, set the points awarded each race, choose circuits, change the names of AI drivers and teams (with a decent number, like 12 teams, 24 cars), etc.  A sandbox basically.

If a racing game had that it would be an instant purchased from me.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidT32 said:

Fully customisable offline championship mode

Its the thing that's been missing from every racing game for the last few years. People have been shouting for it in Project Cars and its still not been confirmed, even with PC3 in the making.  A mode where you can choose your races and events, set the points awarded each race, choose circuits, change the names of AI drivers and teams (with a decent number, like 12 teams, 24 cars), etc.  A sandbox basically.

If a racing game had that it would be an instant purchased from me.

Exactly. That is what I also would like to see in 'GRID'. By the way, I have just caught Pre-Order of Ultimate Edition. It seems that in polish shops (meaning physical, not Steam, etc.) things are slower. Earlier the pre-order hadn't been available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since in-depth info on the multiplayer mode is coming later today, I really wish there wouldn't be car fix/ maintenance fee in the new Grid online.  
It was really frustrating when rammers  crashed into me and I had  not only to complete the race far behind the pack, but to pay for the bill in AS. Although it definitely gives a good spice on career mode, it's just counterproductive and nobody enjoys anything from that on multiplayer imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my one wish is to be able to use custom liveries with custom pssg textures

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why stop there?

They could make the game moddable like DiRT 3 back then, only as a safety measure it would prevent you from going online or setting times in leaderboards. Perfectly doable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Why stop there?

They could make the game moddable like DiRT 3 back then, only as a safety measure it would prevent you from going online or setting times in leaderboards. Perfectly doable.

Yes. If only one wish: modding. That would allow for much more things. :classic_laugh:
A better game and a bigger and better community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see some of Driveclub's tracks in this game, like Norway, Sweden, Chile, Japan, etc. Tracks with snow and blizzard.

image.thumb.png.40eed6a2da4c28b43e5a9f64f28a6f9f.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LottaLava said:

I'd like to see some of Driveclub's tracks in this game, like Norway, Sweden, Chile, Japan, etc. Tracks with snow and blizzard.

image.thumb.png.40eed6a2da4c28b43e5a9f64f28a6f9f.png

 

 

I would like the Evolution studios devs which belong to Cm to make a game like Drive club with different name.. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I would like the Evolution studios devs which belong to Cm to make a game like Drive club with different name.. 

I would love that too, but...

Sony laid off 55 employees from Evolution studios in 2015: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-driveclub-developer-set-to-lose-55-staff-sources-say
Then closed the entire studio in March 2016: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-22-sony-closes-driveclub-developer-evolution
A month later Codemasters acquired what was left.
After the disappointing sales of ONRUSH, the director and more Senior staff were laid off too: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-23-layoffs-onrush-developer-evolution-driveclub-director-rushy-let-go

How much can be really left from the full original team that made Driveclub? I think, sadly, not much.

Edited by jesped
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jesped said:

I would love that too, but...

Sony laid off 55 employees from Evolution studios in 2015: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-driveclub-developer-set-to-lose-55-staff-sources-say
Then closed the entire studio in March 2016: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-22-sony-closes-driveclub-developer-evolution
A month later Codemasters acquired what was left.
After the disappointing sales of ONRUSH, the director and more Senior staff were laid off too: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-23-layoffs-onrush-developer-evolution-driveclub-director-rushy-let-go

How much can be really left from the full original team that made Driveclub? I think, sadly, not much.

Yes i am afraid very few,  too bad idea to make On Rush over a Drive Club style game the combination of Cm physics / handling + Evolution games graphics would be awesome.. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LottaLava said:

I'd like to see some of Driveclub's tracks in this game, like Norway, Sweden, Chile, Japan, etc. Tracks with snow and blizzard.

image.thumb.png.40eed6a2da4c28b43e5a9f64f28a6f9f.png

 

 

Snow? Really? Well, I don't think it will be suitable to 'GRID' game. 'GRID' is rather about professional racing on circuits, not driving in the mountains with party background, etc. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that is a good question. I also would like to know, whether my wish will be possible to introduce in the game or (unfortunately) not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ideas will most likely be talked about at some point, but the dev team definitely doesnt start adding features to the game without thinking about it first and so on 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 7:10 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

Yes i am afraid very few,  too bad idea to make On Rush over a Drive Club style game the combination of Cm physics / handling + Evolution games graphics would be awesome.. 

Rushy & Alex (DC Evolution) team mostly went over to SMS (Slightly Mad Studios) 👍

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-29-onrush-director-paul-rustchynsky-resurfaces-at-slightly-mad-studios

 

 

Edited by torque99uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An option to set <Time of Day> to Random in a Free Play race event. Sometimes it's nice to have that element of surprise when the race loads (one time it might be raining, other time it's nighttime for example).

Not talking about dynamic weather, but it would be nice if there was a random setting so that if you replay the same track it might pick randomly between day, night, rain, etc. Would be a nice little feature to have!

Edited by RipHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RipHawk said:

An option to set <Time of Day> to Random in a Free Play race event. Sometimes it's nice to have that element of surprise when the race loads (one time it might be raining, other time it's nighttime for example).

Not talking about dynamic weather, but it would be nice if there was a random setting so that if you replay the same track it might pick randomly between day, night, rain, etc. Would be a nice little feature to have!

I don't disagree but it would be better if they included an option to choose races randomly, not only weather, like it is in latest releases ('GRID 2', 'GRID Autosport') so that is a little nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Tiny little feature that no one notice"

Hmm

Breakable lights. This is weird when my front of the car is literally broken, I can even see no "glass" on the headlight, but for some reason light still working. Don't tell that you guys can't do it, due to licencing issues like "Manufactures don't like when lights in their car don't work". Sorry for bad English.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×