GRID 2019 - If you had one wish...

On 8/31/2019 at 1:51 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

Sorry about that

Drifting will not come back at launch, but may return in a future content update.

Big mistake since drifting in that game was the most fun. 

I really don't like the wording used "may return"... (saw it in a tweet from Grid 2019 account)

Feels like a "If we sell enough games we MIGHT, if we don't we MIGHT not." kinda deal.

And especially worrying since the roadmap for the forseeable future is already set with no mention of drifting. 

Edited by MikeDaPsyke
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, MikeDaPsyke said:

Big mistake since drifting in that game was the most fun. 

I really don't like the wording used "may return"... (saw it in a tweet from Grid 2019 account)

Feels like a "If we sell enough games we MIGHT, if we don't we MIGHT not." kinda deal.

And especially worrying since the road map for the foreseeable future is already set with no mention of drifting. 

Drifting is controversial here on this forum, so I am going to tread carefully here to avoid any attacks.

You may be referring to race driver grid when you say "Drifting in that game". Autosport had great drifting, but the game itself wasn't being treated well review wise.

In reality, Codemasters has a long post content path for the new GRID, including all of its post launch tracks being free (from the first track inclusion), to being able to rent any car (including DLC) for FREE. Yes you cannot change the livery, yes you will have 10 percent of your winnings taken away, but at least you be able to use the car.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Not Specified

On 9/3/2019 at 7:53 AM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I don't understand something. How could drifting be controversial? Or even very controversial, as you have said? 🤔

Take a look at the "Grid will feel empty without drifting" topic. The original posters got really toxic and became aggressive to anyone who disagreed with them AFTER @ChrisGrovesMCM confirmed drifting would not come back at launch (Before that they just chimed in about why drifting could be fun in the new game). This was the reason I quit the Forza Motorsport Forums (About the Lego Speed Champions DLC), but I tried to tell one of them to calm down (Not be a jerk when you criticize Codemasters Decisions) but he got upset and ignored it. Then the topic escalated into a large battleground which caused me to get depressed. After I got help, I knew from that moment forward to tread carefully on sensitive subjects like this.

Sorry If I offended anyone over this post. I am not worried about drifting returning.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Highlighted key words.

Fully customisable offline championship mode

Its the thing that's been missing from every racing game for the last few years. People have been shouting for it in Project Cars and its still not been confirmed, even with PC3 in the making.  A mode where you can choose your races and events, set the points awarded each race, choose circuits, change the names of AI drivers and teams (with a decent number, like 12 teams, 24 cars), etc.  A sandbox basically.

If a racing game had that it would be an instant purchased from me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DavidT32 said:

Fully customisable offline championship mode

Its the thing that's been missing from every racing game for the last few years. People have been shouting for it in Project Cars and its still not been confirmed, even with PC3 in the making.  A mode where you can choose your races and events, set the points awarded each race, choose circuits, change the names of AI drivers and teams (with a decent number, like 12 teams, 24 cars), etc.  A sandbox basically.

If a racing game had that it would be an instant purchased from me.

Exactly. That is what I also would like to see in 'GRID'. By the way, I have just caught Pre-Order of Ultimate Edition. It seems that in polish shops (meaning physical, not Steam, etc.) things are slower. Earlier the pre-order hadn't been available.

Since in-depth info on the multiplayer mode is coming later today, I really wish there wouldn't be car fix/ maintenance fee in the new Grid online.  
It was really frustrating when rammers  crashed into me and I had  not only to complete the race far behind the pack, but to pay for the bill in AS. Although it definitely gives a good spice on career mode, it's just counterproductive and nobody enjoys anything from that on multiplayer imo.

my one wish is to be able to use custom liveries with custom pssg textures

• Like 1
  • Agree 1