Sign in to follow this  

"Fix" for audio loss mid-race

Never fails, have a good run going and the audio completely goes away.  I dont have the HUD guide up and strictly use the codriver calls, so that really sucks. 

Rather than exit out, I have to Pause and then hit the home button (Xbox). Then fully open any other screen..your profile or whatever. Once that screen is opened, you can hit B and go back and the audio works again. It isnt perfect, but it is better than losing the entire stage.

When it happens, just ensure you pause in a good spot so starting again out of a flow doesn't create more problems.

Hope it helps someone.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice one.

For people on PC, the audio can be restored after a cutout by changing your default Windows audio device to something else, then back to what it was.

audio-device-menu.png

Edited by caerphoto
clarified wording
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, caerphoto said:

Nice one.

For people on PC, the audio can be fixed by changing your default Windows audio device to something else, then back to what it was.

audio-device-menu.png

that's a weird bug 😄

Please don't get everyones hopes up, these are the workarounds, not fixes 🤣

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, nbates66 said:

Please don't get everyones hopes up, these are the workarounds, not fixes 🤣

You’re right. I’ve updated my post to make it clear that this doesn’t really fix the problem, just the symptoms of it, temporarily.

So finally it's clear that CM has problems to flawless use system resources like audio devices and HID devices. This results in stutter and audio cut out.

• Confused 1

interestingly enough i've not ever had the audio cut out once on PS4. don't think anyone else has either. it seems to be a problem affecting solely Microsoft architecture - PC and Xbox.

I've never had it on Xbox either.  I play using USB wireless headphones 100% of the time, it that matters.

22 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

interestingly enough i've not ever had the audio cut out once on PS4. don't think anyone else has either. it seems to be a problem affecting solely Microsoft architecture - PC and Xbox.

I am on ps4 pro and after a crash sometimes Phil's voice gets muted and hard to hear for the next few turns only.    It's always after a big crash and the rest of the audio is still at the same volume.  It's never been a big problem because I can still just barely hear his voice over the engine.

I'm on Xbox One X and play through an AVR as well as sometimes wired and sometimes wireless mic.  The audio loss happens somewhat rarely now, maybe once a week.  

But yeah, it isn't a full fix. So that's the reason for the quotes around "fix." It does suck when it happens, but at least this way you dont have to sacrifice the stage.  It really makes it tough for those of us that turn the arrows/HUD off and depend on the codriver.